ollem

TPWCAS for A3 - AI Suppression System - suggestions/comments/ideas discussion

Oh the sitting phenomena doesn't happen anymore. I thought you fixed it in the latest version but if you didn't it might have been a resolved ASR AI issue.

• Like 1

On 10. 4. 2017 at 0:51 AM, lordprimate said:

Hello, I have been seeing this and have been meaning to get to it. Ill look at it today. see what i can do. and if i cannot figure it out ill send a message to robalo and see if maybe he has a few moments to take a look. what kind of mission is this?

Is it an modded missiong. IE using MORE mods then just the three cba,asr,tpwcas.

is it an alive mission. 

does it happen ONLY at the beginning of the mission and NEVER More...

Does it happen in an Alive Mission when AI are spawning in OUT of your vision.

I usually get that error Only when New AI are introdused and spawned in. and their skill is being set. 

I have been meaning to just look into it and see if i get the error with ASRAI and NO tpwcas. IF so then its an ASRAI problem.

However, I have been seeing this as well and with your nudge ill be looking into it now. So, Thanks :)

I know this wasn't directed at me since i have pretty much taken over updating this mod ill go ahead and respond with what i have been thinking about because, I have been thinking about this lately.. and I do want to put it on steam workshop. However, since i want to make sure this brief undefind variable is what i think it is and everything still works ill move foreward. so, Ill look into fixing the error and then work on the SW side of things. I think the error is just because tpwcas is calling an ASRAI function. outside of that i think tpwcas still adjust skills just fine. Its just calling the asrai function on a brand new unit.. when asrai has not had time to creat the variable for it. I could be wrong, but i think asrai polls the map every couple seconds for new units. again i could be wrong but i think he has some function that does that for new units that are spawned with via script or zeus. basically anything not editor placed.

Sorry I did Not get to this earlier. However, I did NOT add a Sitting animation. if your getting AI that actuly cross their legs and SIT this is not because of TPWCAS. I know that ASRAI (Robalo) added AI falling when they are hit on occasion. However, they do not go into a sitting anim.

when you say Sitting stance. you literally mean they cross their legs and sit? because i know that was a thing in ARMA 2 using SLX. when you got hit there was a chance of getting knocked on your ass ... quite literally.

But again i know that is not a part of tpwcas. i was just say'n.

Thank you all for your continued interest in this mod. I think its great. All credits go to Ollem, Fabrizio_T , TPW, and -Coulum-. Im just a guy.

This one (in the posted picture) is from standart ARMA mission called Combined Arms. It happens each time only in the beginning of mission. I think it occurs only with ASR AI running along. I usuaully use this mod with CBA, Blastcore, Bloodlust and TPW MODS. I dont play ALIVE at all so you should try it yourself. Thank for your support anyway.

On 10/04/2017 at 0:51 AM, lordprimate said:

I know this wasn't directed at me since i have pretty much taken over updating this mod ill go ahead and respond with what i have been thinking about because, I have been thinking about this lately.. and I do want to put it on steam workshop. However, since i want to make sure this brief undefind variable is what i think it is and everything still works ill move foreward. so, Ill look into fixing the error and then work on the SW side of things. I think the error is just because tpwcas is calling an ASRAI function. outside of that i think tpwcas still adjust skills just fine. Its just calling the asrai function on a brand new unit.. when asrai has not had time to creat the variable for it. I could be wrong, but i think asrai polls the map every couple seconds for new units. again i could be wrong but i think he has some function that does that for new units that are spawned with via script or zeus. basically anything not editor placed.

On 10/04/2017 at 0:53 PM, Variable said:

Oh the sitting phenomena doesn't happen anymore. I thought you fixed it in the latest version but if you didn't it might have been a resolved ASR AI issue.

Do you confirm that these outstanding issues have been resolved?

If so, how about upload this beauty to Steam Workshop?

• Like 1

Just to make sure, TPWCAS doesn't HAVE to work along with ASR AI running, does it?

On 13/10/2013 at 0:20 PM, ollem said:

Latest Version: v5.5: tpwcas_A3_v5.5 (April 29)

I really think that we need to find alternative hosting because the latest version has disappeared from Dropbox:

File not found

Sorry, that file doesn’t live here any more. It might have been moved or made private.

So does anyone know if this is the latest version?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19467

• Like 1

On 7/6/2017 at 2:01 AM, domokun said:

I really think that we need to find alternative hosting because the latest version has disappeared from Dropbox:

File not found

Sorry, that file doesn’t live here any more. It might have been moved or made private.

So does anyone know if this is the latest version?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19467

this is ok because im about to post an update thanks for letting me know. after some looking into it ill be putting this on for ease of access once im absolutely sure i can put it on steam(pretty sure its ok). as it contains several peoples work. and also i have been kinda keeping it upto date. kinda.... so if you look in some of the recent posts youll seen update post. Im not ollem so i cannot acces the OP. 

@tpwcas_a3_5_5_2

On 7/11/2017 at 11:21 AM, lordprimate said:

Is a change log available? Also is it essential to have a userconfig file? Since the userconfig settings are in tpwcas_init.sqf? < We figured out userconfig does not apply with the script version.

edit: after introducing this new version in script form, initial mode 3 debug testing reveals "some" turrets (including the vanilla MK30) do not suppress AI. Also Zeus introduced AI are not suppressable. FYI.