MAD T

NSS Admin Console

;2811739']Hi Mad T' date=' I ALREADY have (and use it in every single mission I play, lol) NSS AC (v1.5 from Dec 2013), I´ll wait for your official update, v1.5 is working ok, it gives the VVS error, but I can use the VVS functions, it isn´t just the latest version, but it is alright =)

The updated v1.6 (and future) version will still log in using shift+F1 command (at least for SP/MP listen when I´m the server) right?

cheers![/quote']

Yes the login will be still with shift +f1. It also does work the same if logged in as admin on a dedicated server. I will keep it like because i currently dont know any mod conflicting with it.

I just want to say: NSS is one of my top 5 pieces of software in use for developing missions. Absolutely essential. Many, many thanks.

Updated console to version 1.6

Download Link

Changelog V1.6

- Fixed dialog errors and made console menu a bit transparent

- Removed Kegetys spectator script as it has incompatibility issues with current Arma 3 versions and replaced it with the old camera.sqs free look

- Workaround for CfgRemoteExecCommands restrictions in BIS_fnc_mp function (should be possible to execute every command over network now)

- Switched from group chat messages to hint

- Updated to newest VAS and VVS version

- Possible bug fix with console spectator script with rarly happening that wrong person gets spectated

New mod 1.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@MAD T;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

@Mad T

how can i generate an "own" addon key? (privat key for the addon?

Because if any Persons has a different downloading this MOD, he have on my server access to the NSS_AC?!

i need an "own" MOD key^^

Greez

lenrei100

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Mad T

how can i generate an "own" addon key? (privat key for the addon?

Because if any Persons has a different downloading this MOD, he have on my server access to the NSS_AC?!

i need an "own" MOD key^^

lenrei100

these tools are what you need

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?70362-DSSignFile-Utility&p=1232670&viewfull=1#post1232670

Does anyone have NSS working with battleye filters? If so, would they mind sharing what they have? Thanks in advanced!

Does anyone have NSS working with battleye filters? If so, would they mind sharing what they have? Thanks in advanced!

Yes, I'd be interested in this too. I think battleye is stopping some parts of NSS working.

Hey Mad-T, since the last Arma3 v1.38 update, all icons on VAS are silhouette only (pitch black)... can you try to fix it or it´s all up to Tonic?

cheers!

Hey MAD T, in case you´re still working on NSS Admin Tools/Console... (which I hope, cus I use it on a daily basis...) Tonic has updated both VAS and VVS  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19134  and  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23020 respectively

I´ve tried to update my NSS myself using Depbo, but no joy =/

Cheers!

I don't get it how do I can install and use it on my dedicated server.
- Installed it into my arma folder , added the @NSS_AC parameter on Arma launcer mod line;
- Installed it into my server arma,  added the @NSS_AC parameter on server mod command line;
- Installed it into server and arma folder both , added the @NSS_AC parameter both command lines.
but when I tried to connect to server , can't connect and gettin' " seasion lost " message.

Hi Everyone

I was long away from Arma but i slowly come back to it. I am not even sure if my console does still work as i have not tried yet but will do later today. My Plan is to sort things better inside the PBO as right now it´s still just a mess and see if anything is broken due to recent Arma updates.

Hey MAD T, in case you´re still working on NSS Admin Tools/Console... (which I hope, cus I use it on a daily basis...) Tonic has updated both VAS and VVS  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19134  and  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23020 respectively

I´ve tried to update my NSS myself using Depbo, but no joy =/

Cheers!

Thank you for the info. For VAS i was thinking to use the Virtual Arsenal and for VVS i am thinking about an own solution in the future maybe. Even though i credit Tonic´s work i rather want to be indepentend.

Btw. I did not work to the console long ago. I only made it cause i needed a mission developing and administrating tool for our community server. So once it was done it served it´s purpose. Therefor i am sorry for any delays in updates.

I don't get it how do I can install and use it on my dedicated server.
- Installed it into my arma folder , added the @NSS_AC parameter on Arma launcer mod line;
- Installed it into my server arma,  added the @NSS_AC parameter on server mod command line;
- Installed it into server and arma folder both , added the @NSS_AC parameter both command lines.
but when I tried to connect to server , can't connect and gettin' " seasion lost " message.

There is a folder inside the @NSS_AC folder called keys. You copy the file inside of it to the keys folder located in your Arma root directory on the server. After restarting the server it should work.

• Like 1

Can u give a dexcription or a video on how to install this to your server? As i am having problems with that .. :/

Can u give a dexcription or a video on how to install this to your server? As i am having problems with that .. :/

just put the key on your server and you need the mod by you side... 

hey guys first let me tell you : you do an AMAZING job !!!

it work perfectly well !! i woould like to know if you still working on "show the code on screnn script"  and also the multi admin using... i know what do you already think but it's just a question not an aggression ;) i tried by myself to do them but i'm not good enough ;)

thx for your job, your tool and the time you spend ,) because when i discoverd your tool ; you make my day and still make my admin day 

There was a little update to the console. after a very long time i got myself back to some scripting.

- Replaced VAS with Virtual Arsenal

- Replaced VVS with Virtual Garage

- Added the possibility to enter the Zeus interface even if no curator module was placed in editor. It creates it on the fly during mission.

- Rearranged alot of code and made use of cfgFunctions to make source code more read and understandable

Having multiple admin support is kinda tricky currently. BIS disabled file patching in Arma by default which means loading data from an external file is still possible but it needs to be explicitly enabled with startup parameter -filepatching. However doing this means there is a security risk as hackers can read files on the server like ban list or admin password which are located in the Arma folder. Otherwise i would have done a login feature with a password and admin levels. But i am still thinking of a way to create something like this maybe in the future with the help of iniDB which allows to read and write to ini files. It would mean the console would then have a dependency to another addon which i tried to avoid. However i could maybe implement a check that if iniDB is loaded and the specific config file for the console is present it behaves different allowing password like login dialog and admin levels.

• Like 2

I forgot to add animations viewer, functions viewer and stuff like that as the BIS console gets disabled by this. Will make an update for it most likly tommorow if i am fast enough.

nice - i look forward to implement this.

Having multiple admin support is kinda tricky currently. BIS disabled file patching in Arma by default which means loading data from an external file is still possible but it needs to be explicitly enabled with startup parameter -filepatching. However doing this means there is a security risk as hackers can read files on the server like ban list or admin password which are located in the Arma folder. Otherwise i would have done a login feature with a password and admin levels. But i am still thinking of a way to create something like this maybe in the future with the help of iniDB which allows to read and write to ini files. It would mean the console would then have a dependency to another addon which i tried to avoid. However i could maybe implement a check that if iniDB is loaded and the specific config file for the console is present it behaves different allowing password like login dialog and admin levels.

i think also inidb will need filepatching on the serverside enabled.

one suggestion for this: what if you query if a variable you name with an array of admin uids is somehow defined in the mission.

if it is not stick with the login version.

if it is defined use that for authorization.

would be a nice and easy to implement addition

That way the server owner got all possibilities to authorize admins:

-load from extdb

-load from inidb

-load from mission pbo

if nothing found:

-load from external config file (requiring filepatching enabled, should be done with compilefinal).

edit: and btw - concerning specating:

have you seen the awesome new  specator mode from bohemia:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/EG_Spectator_Mode

nice - i look forward to implement this.

i think also inidb will need filepatching on the serverside enabled.

one suggestion for this: what if you query if a variable you name with an array of admin uids is somehow defined in the mission.

if it is not stick with the login version.

if it is defined use that for authorization.

would be a nice and easy to implement addition

That way the server owner got all possibilities to authorize admins:

-load from extdb

-load from inidb

-load from mission pbo

if nothing found:

-load from external config file (requiring filepatching enabled, should be done with compilefinal).

edit: and btw - concerning specating:

have you seen the awesome new  specator mode from bohemia:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/EG_Spectator_Mode

I always try to have the console as open and accessible as possible. What i try to avoid most is having people edit their missions for it. However i currently struggle a little of getting a proper way for a login implemented. Also due to time and having other projects. Your suggestions are welcome.

I am thinking about creating an own extension for it to prevent having the need to install dependencies just for a simple config file. But my programming skills lack alot so it would be some learning project. I´ve never realy done coding except one year C++ in school, some Autohotkey messing around and alot of Arma scripting which most is pretty much self taught.

About filePatching i doubt that extensions are affected by it though i am not 100 % sure. At least i did not read that they could be affected.

Anyway thanks alot for your suggestions. Especialy about BIS spectator mode. I was not aware about it. Seems to be a very good way to replace my old and crappy specator mode.

• Like 1