riouken

cTab - Commander's Tablet - FBCB2, Bluforce Tracker, UAV, and Helmetcam Interface

Updated my small patch, that previously only contained the fix provided by spyderblack723, with a fix for measuring distance.

When opening up a device (MicroDAGR, Android, tablet or TAD) in the bigger view and trying to measure distance via the arrow/hook, the distance started showing without decimals (ie. 9.99km showed as 999km). Trying to reformat this in fn_drawHook.sqf with the CBA_fnc_formatNumber call that was being made did not result in any decimals showing for me, so I remade it a bit showing meters instead. Since altitude was already measured in meters I felt unifying suffixes wasn't too bad either way :)

Keys'n'stuff is in there as usual.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4170539/arma3/mods/release/%40bamse_cTab_fix_v1.1.zip

• Like 7

Hey guys!

Awesome tablet. Is it still continued by the author or why are other people making updates to it? Anyway, I just had one request... could the tablet be eguipped with full drone controls... It would really help a commanders day to day.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I am probably just too stupid for this. Loaded mod. Loaded Bamse fix. Mods loaded, can be seen in ArmA main menu. Config file is in userconfig.

Changed all keybinds to "[ctrl/alt]home".

No tablet coming up on keypress. I cannot find an item in Virtual Arsenal (Rugged tablet... tablet? Ctab? Nada). There is no item in Inventory.

What can I do? I want to use microdagr and cannot use ACE because it kills my SP experience (savegame->crash). ACE and its predecessor basically (and unfortunately) only brought those to my gaming: Mod problems, mod complexity and using wayyyy more time for finding cause of errors.

You might have to unbind the hint-function (which is default H) in the controls menu.

You might have to unbind the hint-function (which is default H) in the controls menu.

Cannot look now, but 99% sure I do not have the useless hint on H. I had Ace medic thing there before... The tablet was not in my inventory.

I found the item in Zeus, but not in Arsenal. But when I dropped it with Zeus, I could not pick it up, no action menu for this.

I guess I'll have to add it via Additem to player inventory...

All cTab equipment is found under "Terminal" in Arsenal, where you find the vanilla GPS, UAV terminals etc. If they're not showing there for you then there's either a mod conflict somehow or a loading problem.

All cTab equipment is found under "Terminal" in Arsenal

Ah thanks, there it is... I wanted to add it to a backpack, where all the small stuff and bananas can be found.

• Like 1

aww. seems like 1.64 "broke" cTab.

Author string is still defined as array and not string like it needs to be now. Error message is:

ctab_error_164.png

Can't patch that away I'm afraid, but it is a super easy fix for all the handy ppl out there until Riouken's return :)

Basically change line 13 from;

author[] = {"Gundy, Riouken, Raspu"};

to

author = "Gundy, Riouken, Raspu";

and repack

• Like 2

I figured I may as well ask- Is there a guide for integrating support for the Ctab helmet cam to mod helmets? I'm asking on behalf of VSM, who wanted to know if the helmet camera could be intergrated with his mod MICH and Opscores. 

I figured I may as well ask- Is there a guide for integrating support for the Ctab helmet cam to mod helmets? I'm asking on behalf of VSM, who wanted to know if the helmet camera could be intergrated with his mod MICH and Opscores. 

There's a userconfig file you can add helmets to.

• Like 1

aww. seems like 1.64 "broke" cTab.

Author string is still defined as array and not string like it needs to be now. Error message is:

ctab_error_164.png

Can't patch that away I'm afraid, but it is a super easy fix for all the handy ppl out there until Riouken's return :)

For my personal use I unrap'ed the config.bin and left it a config.cpp, it's all super easy and I could provide you a new addon file, but this shit takes my time and I have to inform mod maker... and don't know jow to make a config.bin out of config.cpp. I don't know if it is ok to distrib. with a config.cpp. I don't even know why addon makes make a .bin out of it. etc. etc. This s*** sucks, but already has been written about. Time wasting for (almost) nothing.

Admittedly it was inconvenient to 'do-it yourself' but thanks to Bamse quick and clear post, it took about ten minutes(?) However, understand it requires a little bit of modding knowledge (basically unpacking and repacking the thing if looking for a .bin file).

It would be nice for the community to be able to post the fixed config file.

As for the difference between .cpp and .bin, I've never learned if .bin is better and do all my retextures, etc with .cpp. I'm sure at this point, I'll find out why I'm wrong for doing so :huh:

• Like 1

In rough terms when talking about configs, config.bin is what arma will make your config.cpp into at run time. Pre-creating the bin allows for faster loading times and I consider it good practice if you release stuff publicly and takes no time at all compared to all the other things you do. If you use Eliteness it takes about 5 seconds to raP-ify your config, including the select-where-to-save-your-file-dialog :)

But let's stay on topic and happily await Rioukens' return :)

• Like 3

Admittedly it was inconvenient to 'do-it yourself' but thanks to Bamse quick and clear post, it took about ten minutes(?)

Yeah, what I meant is, "contact author", find the needed tools. I still don't know how to make .bin from the config.cpp. Maybe that biiiig ArmA tools package I am to lazy to do, drive P, etc. etc. no fun in this no time for this.

EDIT: ah OK, http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19784Mikeros' tools.

Has anyone looked closer on this? I wonder how I can move the smaller tablet more down to the screen border. Looks like the mod is optimized for 16:9? I have a 1920x1200 16:10 screen, but don't know the UI side of scripting...

This is an awesome mod. I can only hope Riouken updates it or someone else builds a new one.

I tried the fix that Bamse mentioned above.

Here's what I tried:

I used Mikero's Eliteness tool and did the following:

1. unpbo'd "cTab.pbo"

2. changed line 13 in the config.bin as Bames suggested

3. pbo'd it back to "cTab.pbo"

4. I launched ArmA with only CBA, cTab & Bames cTab hotfix, I got an error saying that Bames cTab Hotfix needs cTab to work

5. I launched ArmA again with only CBA & cTab and there weren't any cTab items in the Virtual Arsenal, ie - tablet, Android, etc.

I guess I'm not handy enough.  :(

Okay, I tried the fix that Bames mentions, and it worked!  I love cTab and I hope it gets intergrated into ACE soon.  In the mean time, I can enjoy it now!!  :)

Edited by kman_(kya)
Tried fix again and it worked! :)

Has anyone tested or know if the 64-bit ArmA going to break the mod?  I sure hope not.   

1 hour ago, Crielaard said:

Running at 64bit. havent noticed any problems.

Great, thanks for posting!

Has anyone found a way to get the raven rq11 uav video feed to show on ctab.  I believe it's feint rq11 mod but it appears it's in RHS mod now.  Seen it asked a while back but no answers, thanks

Another question I am trying to make the helmets our group uses automatically work as CTAB camera, I found the config file and moved it to user config on the server and changed the lines to have our classname helmets but doesn't seem to work I'm guessing I'm doing it wrong

This is how I changed the ctab_settings.hpp file, I changed this line

cTab_helmetClass_has_HCam = {"rhsusf_opscore_paint_pelt_nsw_cam","rhsusf_opscore_paint_pelt","rhsusf_opscore_paint","rhsusf_opscore_fg_pelt_cam","rhsusf_opscore_fg_pelt","rhsusf_opscore_fg"};

I left everything else the same, and this is on the server not the client side