Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

WOW AISS works on a server? coolness. Its been a bit sense I've used Alive. Now CAS module in ALive does this spawn units? or is it syncronized? If so just sync that unit to AISSExclude module and exclude your CAS unit, or simply give the CAS unit a HOLD WP. Exclude would be better thought as if ALive gives CAS a wp it may have unwanted behavior. AISS will use it as CAS. I guess lol in short if you prefer Alive doing the CAS you need to use AISS_Exclude module.

The Alive module does spawn the units. However you are not directly syncing the AISSExclude to the units themselves just the module. I have tried it and even though you do sync it the unit still is under AISS' control.(Its spawned in after the server loads.) I will try this again tonight to see if I can get it to exclude the ALIVE combat support.

I have tested AISS with ASR AI 3 on a dedicated server and it seemed to workout pretty well. Units spawned in with either Zues or MCC tend to go right under AISS control. Its pretty nice if you don't have the time to setup ALIVE to run a full mission. Only problem I've encountered is that there is no way to exclude units you spawn in with Zues or MCC (if you want them to be player controlled) or those under the ALIVE combat support. It functions a lot like MCCs GAIA does but I think AISS responds quicker with more firepower.

But from what I've tested it works fairly nicely. I haven't gotten artillery dropped on my head as much as I would have like to see but its still pretty good. (I always find it funny that the AI doesn't try to obliterate the other side with as much firepower as they can bring to bear. From what I've seen AISS does this with air support but for whatever reason artillery just takes a back seat. Maybe I'm not placing enough.)

yeh you hav to extract it from tar... its basically the same thing as an rar.... When I update I'll fix that. It shouldnt have to be rocket science. lol sorry bout that. But yeh just extract it like you would an RAR. ;)

EDIT: no no no I love the feed back burn out was from spending 18+ hours a day working on these codes just for me. lol my team keeps telling me mikey stop and just play the game!!! lol but I love to make things work and work better so sorry for my team I ignored there warnings and got burned out. lol My burn outs dont last very long. The longest was probably 2 months but that was also do to a move a hospital emergency and major surgery. lol

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

AISS@ final fix2

Adds easier to find userconfig in @aiss folder. please move Userconfig folder to main A3 directory

stops some of the units from getting stuck as much. remember if there moral is very low they will get stuck especially if they have low skill set.

fixed support bug where units didnt return to original wp's

few other minor tweaks untested as of yet except by me. Sorry AIM team but had to fix few things immediately. ;)

Good stuff Mikey!!

Will DL after work and give it a good run through.

Hi Mikey im not sure what your thoughts are on the way AISS takes control of units on map.But considering the feedback on the forum i would think it would be highly appreciated by users if you had 2 options with AISS...If possible.

In the editor, modules:

Include group to AISS (module) (Syncing particular groups to module which should use AISS)

Exclude group(which is already there) (module)

And in the config:

By default:set all editor units present under AISS automatically =1

:set all units spawned under AISS automatically =1

:set units under AISS via sync to "include module" =0 (Include group module)

(USE OPTION 1 OR 3,NOT BOTH)

OR

What it might look like:

:set all editor units present under AISS automatically =0

:set all units spawned under AISS automatically =0

:set editor placed units under AISS via sync to "include module" =1 (Include group module)

(USE OPTION 1 OR 3,NOT BOTH)

This way,spawned in entities from MCC,ALIVE,AI spawn script and many others,would not be used by AISS.Very handy for AI CAS support which is commonly called in via spawn,but then leaves map via deletion via waypoint end.Or if people wanted to face AISS against GAIA for example.But it all basically rotates around spawning in stuff as i said before.

I personaly dont spawn ANYTHING anymore,as i input inits to all units for loadouts/veihicle customisation etc

BUT,you would make AISS more user friendly as now iv heard it works on servers,people in MP DEPEND on spawning in units for performance.

Might be something to consider;)

Edited by redarmy

But from what I've tested it works fairly nicely. I haven't gotten artillery dropped on my head as much as I would have like to see but its still pretty good. (I always find it funny that the AI doesn't try to obliterate the other side with as much firepower as they can bring to bear. From what I've seen AISS does this with air support but for whatever reason artillery just takes a back seat. Maybe I'm not placing enough.)

LOL I brought it to bare at one time, and people complained. I lighten it up and people complain, I added user configs and people still complain! :P lol ;) yes I feel ya. I like tons of arty, but had to reduce, because people like to live to finish missions. ;) That being said..... maybe look at another userconfig for this if it is an easy fix. As to Redarmy's suggestion.... Thats a rewrite to do all of that. I dont have enough coders to make AISS perfect. ;) Ive tried and tried and tried but am only 1 person. lol ;) I'll look into that but I wouldn't expect that in AISS. That being said if I do another version down the road. I'll deffo include/consider that. As to this version its final. Only bug fixes. no more changes. :( sorry fellas.

I'm going to keep this thread open for a few more days. If you have bugs to report please do. But I'm not adding anymore features or modules at this point.

LOL I brought it to bare at one time, and people complained. I lighten it up and people complain, I added user configs and people still complain! :P lol ;) yes I feel ya. I like tons of arty, but had to reduce, because people like to live to finish missions. ;) That being said..... maybe look at another userconfig for this if it is an easy fix. As to Redarmy's suggestion.... Thats a rewrite to do all of that. I dont have enough coders to make AISS perfect. ;) Ive tried and tried and tried but am only 1 person. lol ;) I'll look into that but I wouldn't expect that in AISS. That being said if I do another version down the road. I'll deffo include/consider that. As to this version its final. Only bug fixes. no more changes. :( sorry fellas.

I'm going to keep this thread open for a few more days. If you have bugs to report please do. But I'm not adding anymore features or modules at this point.

Not complaining at all I also like to live through missions most of the time. Unless that is i specifically design a mission as a Kobayashi Maru. I was just thinking that from a realism perspective that's what people wanna do is eliminate the enemy usually with everything at their disposal. Personally if you don't wanna get artillery dropped on your head don't put it in the mission. But honestly that's just my personal preference and how I would work on mission design. Also sound tactical decisions on the battlefield that would prevent or allow you to engage the artillery before you get it dropped on your head. I dunno just rambling.

I like Red armys suggestion. If its too much not a problem oh well. But I'm gonna see if I can't get the alive modules to function. That right now is the only major downfall of AISS that I could see, losing control over spawned in units for things like CAS and transport. Wish i could code but even basic configs are about all I can do atm.

I like Red armys suggestion. If its too much not a problem oh well. But I'm gonna see if I can't get the alive modules to function. That right now is the only major downfall of AISS that I could see, losing control over spawned in units for things like CAS and transport. Wish i could code but even basic configs are about all I can do atm.

Sorry for a little off-topic, but you could maybe try the JTAC Tab addon for CAS (I think it does transport too). I used the ALIVE combat support module for awhile until I recently switched to the JTAC Tab and I'll never look back. I found the overall feeling of ALIVE CAS to be terribly underwhelming and I had nothing but problems with fixed wing. With the JTAC Tab calling in a strike is a little more involved/realistic (for the better IMO). You may run into the same incompatibility, but I'd say it's worth a shot.

Sorry for a little off-topic, but you could maybe try the JTAC Tab addon for CAS (I think it does transport too). I used the ALIVE combat support module for awhile until I recently switched to the JTAC Tab and I'll never look back. I found the overall feeling of ALIVE CAS to be terribly underwhelming and I had nothing but problems with fixed wing. With the JTAC Tab calling in a strike is a little more involved/realistic (for the better IMO). You may run into the same incompatibility, but I'd say it's worth a shot.

I actually have used that before as well. With AISS though anything spawned in after mission start will fall under its control. So even if you use the CAS from it performs the first pass great but after that AISS has complete control and it no longer functions. I do agree on the CAS though it is a much more realistic system. I don't think it will conflict with ALIVE but I know AISS will.

I really hope you continue working with the AI though mikey. (Even if not in AISS.) You definitely have a way with the combined arms aspect of combat.

I actually have used that before as well. With AISS though anything spawned in after mission start will fall under its control. So even if you use the CAS from it performs the first pass great but after that AISS has complete control and it no longer functions. I do agree on the CAS though it is a much more realistic system. I don't think it will conflict with ALIVE but I know AISS will.

I really hope you continue working with the AI though mikey. (Even if not in AISS.) You definitely have a way with the combined arms aspect of combat.

Its fair to say he made AISS into masterpiece.

Yeah Mikey i figured it might be alot of trouble to do all that in this mod.

Im testing new version now thanks again for updating!

Guys about CAS,just what i do here:

I set show/hide modules in the editor,sync to CAS of choice,set trigger to show unit when need.

Start the jet flying,assigned with waypoints to players position on SAD,then waypoints to an area with another trigger to delete the veihicle.

I have 3or 4 of the CAS hidden to show on mission start.0 performance hit or there abouts.Theres alot that can be done simply with vanilla assets.

hmmmm I was thinking on the CAS in I can take out all air assets from AISS. or add a config to that that may be fairly simple. I'll look into this in the next week n see. no promises :) but sense Im a people pleaser. lol I'll give it a look see. But I'm gonna keep with my time off for a bit so It dont stall my other projects. I've been swore to secrecy sooooo. lol thats all ya get :P

edited: masterpiece.... thanks man bahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!! :) Thanks for the compliment, if I knew code as well as the other fellows This would be the master piece I envision, but lol lack of coding and a terribly slow pc/Internet keeps me from doing a lot of things I'd love to do and see in arma. It has soooo much potential to blow COD, Battle Field, and other military sims out of the water. Just wish the developers could see what me and other modders see.

IF I were Bis, For arma 4 there would be a more modern engine, and I'd overhaul the AI morale/behavior system in arma. It is possible to make them react more human like. I'd hire some Military personal who have been in combat and lots of it from WWII to modern conflicts. Tons of info from guys like that. Thats partly were the new suppression system came from in AISS. And its just a drop in the bucket of what I'd like to see. All that being said you're to kind, but thanks just the same. :)

edit2: Well the AIM team has at least 2 coders that code. COSMIC has done an outstanding job with SAMO! :) I'm gonna say we have 5 that can code, but we all have lives. They will tell you I'm the most knowledgeable. lol I dont agree, but I digress. Let me talk with the team and get there input about AISS and our other mods... See what we can come up with. ;)

Edited by Mikey74

Mikey,

When I click on the Expansions Menu in ARMA3 the following message pops up: No entry 'config.bin/CfgMods/AISSMod.action'. Any idea what is causing this and how to resolve?

Thanks

Mikey,

When I click on the Expansions Menu in ARMA3 the following message pops up: No entry 'config.bin/CfgMods/AISSMod.action'. Any idea what is causing this and how to resolve?

Thanks

Hi Rudee

this is a text file issue and is not in anyway affecting the mod

For some reason the .bin file does not contain the action link which directs you to the bis forum thread from the expansion menu where it says website... it is only a menu issue and doesn't affect the mods functionality...

I will try to solve this one for final release 3 LOL

Cheers!

Hello! :)

Had some problems with getting the different waypoints and modules to work in a mission, So in a new mission, I tried setting down multiple small squads with each of them their different waypoint/module, and here is my results:

Squads with waypoints:

No waypoint - Units starts patrol.

move waypoint - Units starts patrol after move.

Hold waypoint - Units stand still

Cycle waypoint - Units stand still

Support waypoint - Units stand still (As expected)

Squads with modules:

Exclude - Units stand still (As expected)

Garrison - Units starts running around (Possibly looking for buildings?)

Hold - Units stand still

Patrol - Units stand still

Support - Units stand still (As expected)

Userconfig is set to have AISS be activated without the main AISS module placed, but just incase i retried with the module placed, still no change.

Can someone reproduce this? Because while i THINK they worked a few days ago, (2-3) i was completely new to this mod so i might have misinterpreted what i saw.

Or maybe im misunderstanding instructions and/or they are out of date?

Whats the most surefire way to make units do what you want? Modules or Waypoints?

EDIT: Patrol module seems to work aswell from time to time.

Edited by Exentenzed
Double checking results.

hmmmm Arma has been updated. I'll have to take a look. May have broke somethings. :(

hmmmm Arma has been updated. I'll have to take a look. May have broke somethings. :(

Oh noes! :(

Them updates eh? The struggle is real. :P

Just retried with a fresh install of AISS, still no dice.

Simple thing to check wether i've done something wrong or if its broken seems to be to check if hold waypoint/module do anything for you. Because neither of those makes units do anything at all.

hold WP basically puts them in a minor exclude from AISS form so thats working right. The patrol one is what I saw that you stated they did nothing. They are supposed to patrol and was for me the other day. lol but I havnt used AISS in about a week testing and working on other projects.

When u test.... Is it in Zues? if so how long are they standing still? Did you read the instructions in the AISS folder.... Which needs written better. lol but give a basic understanding... hopefully.. lol

Hold on, from the instructions i gathered that the hold waypoint/module, was meant to make it so that units patrol/garrison but does NOT respond to support calls from other friendly units?

Not testing in zeus no, i read about the part where you but in a timer before AISS activate for zeus placed units. :)

Patrol started working after restarting the mission. i usually stand and watch them for about a minute before i end the mission.

EDIT: I reread the instructions, and im afraid i'm in the wrong here and have wasted your time.

""If a group has a current waypoint at hold. AISS2 will ignor them as far as a support call. But they will still call others to support them.""

Thats from the instructions, and i made the assumption that they would also patrol/garrison... Im sorry.

Edited by Exentenzed
I'm an idiot.

ahh ok so yeh its working. no hold keeps them from doing anything. They stay out of the loop so to speak and stay right where they are. suppression still works, but pretty much most everything else no nothing. ;)

NOOOO you're not an idiot nor wasting my time. You don't know how many times I've done the same thing to other modders and even my own team. lol ;)

Edited by Mikey74

Was just wondering, i see units without waypoints will start to patrol, and units that has non-cycled waypoints will start patrolling once they dont have any waypoints left.

So what is the difference between units without waypoints and those that are set on patrol with the module?

NOOOO you're not an idiot nor wasting my time. You don't know how many times I've done the same thing to other modders and even my own team. lol

Thats kind of you to say. :)

Edited by Exentenzed

nothing. I left it were u can set things by wp's or by modules.Get complaints with/without either. So left both in there. lol

Allright. Just making sure i didnt miss out on anything. :)

I also see i didnt before, so let me now say thank you for this AI enhancement. I'm really enjoying it so far. :)

Hey, I've been looking for some great AI mods. I've tried, bCombat, and Vcom AI. I like both of them but I'm still trying to find one that suits me. I was curious, If I used to AI mod in user made missions, would it break them? I figure with the official campaign, it would break it because of how heavily scripted, but I'm not sure.

Bcombat n AISS may be compatible. Few of my testers if memory serves said it was, but they also stopped bcombat as AISS suited there needs. Question have you tried the newest AISS alone? Now Vcom and ASR I 'm about 90% sure there would be major conflicts. With bcombat there will be a few I'm certian. As for main campaign. Yes it will mess that up. Examples. Reinforcments will be called in by AI. Which will mess with the story line. AISS was basically scripted for mission makers, or people who just want to through a simple battle together in the editor and have a blast. Hope this answeres ur question. :)