Vormulac

CO08 Escape Chernarus Ports for Altis and Stratis.

Should work alone with LAN-hosting. But it will not be easy.

Yes it works... Will see if respawn is possible. But why not easy? I have competent AI mates ;)

I pushed a litttle Update to the 1.7 Branch. I also uploaded a compiled version here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmeo63q2tbazx7s/co10_Escape.Altis.pbo

The Version is called co10 Escape Altis 1.7 Dev7.

This has no AI slots?

Edited by tortuosit

Escape has in general AI disabled. You need to unpack the mission and change disableAI to 0 in description.ext.

Hey Neo,

I've just gotten the newest version of this, and what I've noticed is that the enemies despawn extremely fast after being killed, leaving no room to pick up any weapons whatsoever. Looking through the files I haven't found any parameter for despawning/caching either. Any idea what's causing this? I've tested both dev and main build on this, same issue, tested the git version and your compiled version (although they're practically the same).

Also, there doesn't seem to be any drn_var_commonLibInitialized variable, since fn_ambientinfanty.sqf constantly tells me that CommonLib 1.02 needs to be activated.

Hm, I've played around a bit more and so far I've come to the conclusion that fn_AmbientInfantry.sqf is acting up. It was rather strange as I commented out everything related to Ambient Infantry in both fn_serverInit.sqf and ServerInitialization.sqf, but it still executed. The script itself continually deletes dead groups after 5 seconds, regardless of range. It may be something else, but everything's been coming from ambientInfantry.sqf for me.

Edited by tryteyker

Escape has no bodyremover but BIS added one with a defautl delay of 5 min (I think).

Can you tell me exactly which versions you tested? CommonLib is not used for AmbientInf since 1.6.

Tested 1.7, the one available on gitHub. It's continously telling me that ambientInfantry.sqf needs CommonLib 1.02, and everytime the sideChat message displays, bodies get cleared out. I don't have this issue on 1.6 actually, I was playing for like 1-2 hours with no further issues. I've tested both on a local server, where I ran into the issue in 1.7. In Singleplayer neither version cause any problems whatsoever.

Mmmhh... very strange... maybe I broke something, but we played the same version yesterday without errors.

Is the mission named "Dev7"?

Is it possible to change the enemy faction through one of the scripts, like adding new classnames to an existing list?

I was thinking in terms of either the Russians, or the MEI, or the aggressors, this way instead of picking up vanilla weapons you can use

the weapons from these packs, think it would make the mission little more interesting.

Wondering if you guys could upgrade the fences where your imprisoned and actually make it a camp, with standing guards, and a better cell,

i think this missions is great but it needs some more immersive aspects to it.

Edited by Günter Severloh
added question

Escape has in general AI disabled. You need to unpack the mission and change disableAI to 0 in description.ext.

Yeah, I was able to enable AI this way. Latest dev7. But at first spawn, there is only player inside the fence, friendly AI is somewhere, but not close. Also, the soldier who dies inside the fence, is not there... So, no SP :(

Yeah, I was able to enable AI this way. Latest dev7. But at first spawn, there is only player inside the fence, friendly AI is somewhere, but not close. Also, the soldier who dies inside the fence, is not there... So, no SP :(

In 1.7 the guard with the weak hearth was replaced by a little backpack with pistoles that friendly FIA has smuggled into the prison. The briefing is not updated yet, sry.

Is it possible to change the enemy faction through one of the scripts, like adding new classnames to an existing list?

I was thinking in terms of either the Russians, or the MEI, or the aggressors, this way instead of picking up vanilla weapons you can use

the weapons from these packs, think it would make the mission little more interesting.

Wondering if you guys could upgrade the fences where your imprisoned and actually make it a camp, with standing guards, and a better cell,

i think this missions is great but it needs some more immersive aspects to it.

Check out UnitClasses.sqf inside the Scripts\Escape folder, there all weapons used, enemies used and vehicles used are listed. There's both CSAT and INDFOR so you can edit both.

Check out UnitClasses.sqf inside the Scripts\Escape folder, there all weapons used, enemies used and vehicles used are listed. There's both CSAT and INDFOR so you can edit both.

I think he was refering to the actual template for the Prison and ComCenters.

To quickly answer the question: The rewritten Escape will have a template system like the Zeus-Compositions and there will be serveral templates for ComCenters and Prisons. And when Zeus gets a Save-function we will be able to create a lot of immersive templates.

But remember: From the story, the prison was quickly assembled to contain you and your mates until CSAT comes to get you to a high security prison.

Was referring to Both questions, and you guys answered actually thanks to both of you tryteyker and NeoArmageddon, i will look into the unitclasses a bit more,

and also looking forward to the next update.

But remember: From the story, the prison was quickly assembled to contain you and your mates until CSAT comes to get you to a high security prison.

Yes understand, just wondering if this could be setup to look more professional in terms of who setup the little prison, i mean csat forces cover the map, as well as their ally, surely

they can do better then throw some tin walls up and a fence, why not have a small camp there, replace the burning barrels with a campfire instead and have a few soldiers sitting around it,

some small tents like in a dug in camp out, a table maybe, a chair or two and then have a few (2-3) guards just patrolling the whole camp, then also park a

transport truck close by as if that is what they used to bring you there, but only give it little fuel, then when the chopper comes have him shootup the truck so the

player is forced to try to escape on foot.

Then for the soldier inside the "prison" with you, give him some sorta of story, or better yet, add an animation where it shows him coughing, or something to show hes sick,

then he falls over like he does and dies

Just trying to add some reality type immersion to the mission, kinda of create some atmosphere for it, you already have atmosphere with the civilians and just the concept

of the mission alone to have to survive with little they grab, suggest adding some more immersive things in there.

Lastly wondering what happens when you have 2-3 players that end up all dead, I mean is there a way to maybe respawn back at the prison where

you started instead of restarting the mission?

Thanks for your input and feedback.

Actually we are replacing the "Guard in the prison" with a hidden backpack with pistols. Seems more realistic than a guard with a hearthattack.

Regarding the "effects": That's possible but very errorprone. For example the truck that gets shoot by the chopper. The chopper is only comming, if the guards have time to report your escape. Also the chopper is starting at the airfield so the time it needs to reach the prison is not constant. Mission would be quite easy if you get a truck right away.

In the next version we try to increase the immersion by adding more gameplay features not by adding effects that probably fail in most circumstances or repeat themself every new playthrough.

We plan to add different "startingtypes" like Prison and crashsiteand more "random"-events like drones or friendly FIA camps in the woods. Also we plan to incorporate the bases on Altis in a more realistic way into the mission.

When I play SP as a local LAN, I can configure the mission to my needs (e.g., number of enemies). What does it default to when I play it as a real SP, i.e. under the Missions folder? This is rather a general question maybe because it applies to other MP missions as well, which can be played SP.

Edited by tortuosit

Hi guys, I love this mission!!!

Who'd thought revive would be so fun, and with this mission, makes it scary, love what the AI do!

Would like to ask on how I can go about or rather what i would need to do, just for my own gameplay with a few friends as I have my own gameserver, and not for re release, how I can basically keep the mission intact but eliminate the escape aspect of the mission.

Basically the starting point, so the idea is, this is just an alternate version of the mission:

1. Mission would be the same you start with nothing

2. Theres no guards, no imprisonment, no fenced in area your in

3. Somehow while flying your plane got hit, and you had to bail, your equipment was lost apon crashing but you survived

4. your stuck in enemy territory, as said mission is the same, with the crash the enemy (AI, AAF, CSAT) spotted your crash, and or you going down and have sent

a recon team to investigate, someone anyways to get the status of the situation

5. So being trapped in enemy territory you locate a backpack which has a gun and little ammo in it, the backpack would replace the guard that would basically be in there originally

6. As said the mission is the same, locate ammo depot, to beef up your gear and arsenal, and locate the comm towers, to call HQ and escape

=========

Thats the general idea, could still call it Escape Altis as you are doing that, I just would like to know what i would have to do to make it like the above

so no imprisonment, fences, or guards patrolling the fenced in area, and the guard that would die would be replaced by a backpack with radom ammo, weapon, gear, ect,.

just like the guard would, so just turn the guard into a backpack, lol

Can I do this?

Probably not appropriate to play SP, it was a frustrating experience :(. Mission starts very heavy (low FPS, everything somewhat laggy, e.g. the ArmA menu), I tried a few times and always got shot through that fence. If I managed to kill one or two enemies and got out the door, I got shot ultra quick.. maybe I should alter enemy AI default values like Accuracy, which are all set to 1. Also, ArmA3.exe crash when I tried to reload a user save. "Enemy skill" is set to normal. Hmmm.

No not for SP, I just want to know what scripts I need to adjust to just remove the guarding squad, and the fenced in area, and then just

replace the guard in the fenced in area itself with a backpack, about it.

I have a game server I rent and play coop on it, its private, sp is to challenging, I can get far in it but once you get killed its over.

Sucha mission start is planned as optional parameter for the new version of escape.

The changed you mentioned are quite hard to accomplish. Most scripts are in the init.sqf, serverinitialisation.sqf and functions.sqf.

Ok, I love the mission over all, dont want to change that, just how you start out, I'd like the escape option for sure, but then another option where maybe you

crashed in enemy territory and have to try to escape, and then on another option would be like a small team to have to go in and destroy some objectives, and then get to

the comm center and exfil, but with that at least would like to use vas ammobox and load my gear/weapon loadouts.

I did tweak the mission a bit, when my buddy and i played the other night, he liked the mission alot too, only thing that bothered him was we really needed a map to get an idea of where we had to go, so i spent a few hours looking at the scripts and found the codes unlink itemmap in the serverinitialisation.sqf, for the guarding squad, and the guard in the prison area where u start has a map, from there the rest of the soldiers on the map you run into depends might have a map, so it helped and i found the mission a bit more interesting, and fun, id prefer the squad only have a map tbh, but i couldn't get that to work.

When can we expect the next version?

I have a question: You can set AI skill level to "normal" etc., i.e. seems to be some kind of preset. But at the same time you can set details like Accuracy, Aim shake etc... Which are all on 1 per default.

Can you explain? Does the skill level override the other settings, or vice versa, or...? I ask, because I set the overall skill to a rather low level and the AI seemed to always insta kill me with ultra precision.

You have to set the Presets to "Use below" or something like that. After that the values at the bottom are applied to the AI.

I ask, because I set the overall skill to a rather low level and the AI seemed to always insta kill me with ultra precision.

heres what I have setup:

class Params
{
   [b]class EnemySkill[/b]
   {
//paramsArray[0]
           title = "Enemy Skill";
           values[] = {0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6};
           texts[] = {"Cadet", "Easy", "Normal", "Hard", "Extreme", "Manual Settings (below)", "Use this setting for AI mods such as Zeus AI"};
           default = 2;
};
class [b]AccuracySelection[/b]
{
	//paramsArray[8]
	title="AI Accuracy";
	values[]={0, .05, .1, .15, .2, .25, .3, .35, .4, .45, .5, .55, .6, .65, .7, .75, .8, .85, .9, .95, 1};
	texts[]={"0", ".05", ".1", ".15", ".2", ".25", ".3", ".35", ".4", ".45", ".5", ".55", ".6", ".65", ".7", ".75", ".8", ".85", ".9", ".95", "1"};
	default = .05;
};
class [b]AimShakeSelection[/b]
{
	//paramsArray[9]
	title="AI Aming Shake";
	values[]={0, .05, .1, .15, .2, .25, .3, .35, .4, .45, .5, .55, .6, .65, .7, .75, .8, .85, .9, .95, 1};
	texts[]={"0", ".05", ".1", ".15", ".2", ".25", ".3", ".35", ".4", ".45", ".5", ".55", ".6", ".65", ".7", ".75", ".8", ".85", ".9", ".95", "1"};
	default = .05;
};
class AimSpeedSelection
{
	//paramsArray[10]
	title="AI Aiming Speed";
	default = 1;
};
class EnduranceSelection
{
	//paramsArray[11]
	title="AI Endurance";
	default = 1;
};
class [b]SpotDistanceSelection[/b]
{
	//paramsArray[12]
	title="AI Spot Distance";
	default = 0;
};
class spotTimeSelection
{
	//paramsArray[13]
	title="AI Spot Time";
	default = 1;
};
class CourageSelection
{
	//paramsArray[14]
	title="AI Courage";
	default = 1;
};
class ReloadSpeedSelection
{
	//paramsArray[15]
	title="AI Reload Speed";
	default = 1;
};
class CommandingSelection
{
	//paramsArray[16]
	title="AI Commanding";
	default = 1;
};
class GeneralSelection
{
	//paramsArray[17]
	title="AI General";
	default = 1;
};
};

With these settings, Ai have a decent skill, but are not really accurate, you can get hit though, its just not dead accurate.