BloodoftheScribe

FUTARM: Altis/Stratis Inspired Digital Camo

New Version 1.5 - Desert Camo

Changelog V1.5

-Added Desert Camo

-Fixed Woodland backpack color

-Fixed NV goggles not starting on units

-Removed the textures for the ENG, AT, and MED backpacks to reduce size.

Backpacks Still use FUTARM basic backpack textures.

-Fixed FUTARM ammobox not showing all uniforms (Error in the classname).

-Fixed other minor things I can't think of right now.

2dha3up.jpg

6q88wo.jpg

2livcax.jpg

2rc27av.jpg

Description

A Re-texture of the NATO uniforms, Vests, Headgear, and Hunters

With a digital camouflage engineered from scratch in Photoshop

using Altis/Stratis terrain color palettes. This digital

camo was inspired by breakthrough technology in the camouflage

industry which uses complex algorithms of digital shapes and

depth to trick the human brain into seeing something other than

what is actually there.

2d14xp4.gif

Usage

To use the FUTARM units in the mission editor, set the side to BluFor and Faction to FUTARM Units.

There are two classes to choose from: "Men(Infantry)" and "Vehicles". Alternatively you can access

all of the items through the FUTARM ammobox included with this mod or a VAS.

2gtai6d.gif

What it Includes

Men(Infantry):

Squad Leader

Team Leader

Rifleman (with different uniform variants)

Rifleman Light

Rifleman(AT)

Grenadier

Autorifleman

Combat Medic

Combat Engineer

Marksman

UAV Operator

Backpacks

Standard Kitbag

Anti-Tank Kitbag

Medic Kitbag

Engineer Kitbag

Vehicles

Hunter (unarmed)

Hunter HMG

Hunter GMG

Ammo Box

30wr2qf.gif

Notes/Credits

This is my first release version and my first addon period. I appreciate all the feedback and look forward to reading what all of you think! In the future I plan to implement more re-textures for air and other vehicles and maybe a new camo for lighter/urban areas. The class names for all the items are in the Readme.txt.

I would also like to thank the following people/companies:

.kju [PvPscene] (BI Forums) - For helping me in my noob attemps to create my first config.cpp

BadHabitz (BI Forums) - For attempting to help me in my noob attemps to create my first config.cpp

Bohemia Interactive - For providing this awesome game, "Arma 3", and its Base models and textures.

2LT Fowkes [32IR], CPL Leyland [32IR], PV2 Higgins [32IR], PV2 Ledbetter [32IR], PFC Kaiser [32IR] - For helping me test it out through the various stages.

2jezslx.gif

Signed & keys included!

Download Version 1.5 Here!

Edited by BloodoftheScribe
New Version

Great Idea! Going to play in Sandbox and see how it measures up!

Very nice mod, thanks a lot.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk 4

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I love it, it works amazingly well. Will defiantly be using this on my server as my default uniform. Excellent work, cant wait for updates!

US4CES was where I got the idea to add a Emboss to some of the camo pattern to add depth.

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

Looks pretty, could you make a replacement version too?

Not sure how to do this as of yet, but I will try and work on it!

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

I love it, it works amazingly well. Will defiantly be using this on my server as my default uniform. Excellent work, cant wait for updates!

Thanks! glad to hear it.

Thanks! Your screenshots look great!

Great job, Blood. I really like the look of this camo pattern, and I love the patches added to vests/helmets (Med, Eng, etc).

I have a few requests or suggestions - however you wish to take them:

-Please make the rolled-sleeve uniform the same kind of combat shirt as the long-sleeve version. That is to say, a solid brown body and camo sleeves instead of camo body and sleeves.

-ECH (Light) variants of your helmets with patches like your current selection

-Bring the uniform and vest capacities in line with BIS' current defaults. For example, the default NATO uniforms can carry 5 IFAK's, but your uniform of the same style can only carry 2 with an additional small item.

Edited by vagrantauthor
Updates to format and information.

Great job, Blood. I really like the look of this camo pattern, and I love the patches added to vests/helmets (Med, Eng, etc).

I have a few requests or suggestions - however you wish to take them:

-Please make the rolled-sleeve uniform the same kind of combat shirt as the long-sleeve version. That is to say, a solid brown body and camo sleeves instead of camo body and sleeves.

-ECH (Light) variants of your helmets with patches like your current selection

-Bring the uniform and vest capacities in line with BIS' current defaults. For example, the default NATO uniforms can carry 5 IFAK's, but your uniform of the same style can only carry 2 with an additional small item.

Copy that, Vagrantauthor. Little mistakes like forgetting to do some of the things you suggested get overlooked sometimes when you're releasing something like this. I really appreciate you bringing these to my attention! I will start working on them right away.

This is good stuff, Blood. I wouldn't call anything in this release a mistake. Most user-made uniforms/vests seem to be based on older configs than what BIS is currently running, which is understandable since they can't seem to decide on how much anything should carry.

Beautiful. I like the idea of the MED and ENG tapes on the vests/helms. Would be cool if there was an easy way to customize those for perse, an operators last name.

I checked it out in the editor and I have to say it looks really nice, the only thing I dislike is that they don't have the US Flag anymore and that they have their class description written on their uniforms. If you make a replacement version, could you change those or make it optional?

There are Helmets and Vests without patches for use by anyone. And really, having the US flag on the NATO uniforms defeats the purpose of calling it NATO. NATO isn't made up entirely of US forces.

There are Helmets and Vests without patches for use by anyone. And really, having the US flag on the NATO uniforms defeats the purpose of calling it NATO. NATO isn't made up entirely of US forces.

Yeah, but the guys in the game are US 7th ID (they really should have just renamed them...). But I agree. It's better if they don't have the US flag, unless they are specifically intended to be US forces.

Yeah, but the guys in the game are US 7th ID (they really should have just renamed them...).

And that's weird because the main character in the campaign as it was last described (Miller) is with the British military. In fact, I think there were only a few named Americans on the NATO side for campaign if I remember the list correctly.

Regardless, keep up the good work BloodoftheScribe. Also, nice name.

Yeah, I didn't add the US flag on the uniforms. Arma 3 does that itself.. I dont know how to remove it... The texture PAA files I created have no flags on them.

Well that is why I said to make the US Flags optional. That way everybody could be happy.

Though I am fine even without the US Flag, I just would like it since I imagine the soldiers to be Americans. Since they have American accents and American style equipment (MX seems like it is supposed to be American and was developed by CMMG)

Fantastic work on your uniform, they blend in so well with 99% of Altis, even my friends had trouble spotting each other. Thank you Blood.