Tom_48_97

Poseidon: advanced text editor for Scripts & Configs

Yep, that's working just fine, Tom. Many thanks. :)

One thing I've noticed since last release, that it gives a real preference to BIS functions with auto completion, with it only showing variable auto-completion / suggestion when there are no BIS functions available any more. Is there any way to make this behave like it was in previous version, where it would the most similar thing, rather then always defaulting to BIS functions?

Example

Image%202014-07-22%20at%203.21.03%20PM.png

Hi Tom, this looks great but when I download and try to install my virus checker tells me that install.exe contains Tr/Dropper.MSIL.Gen8.

Hi Tom, this looks great but when I download and try to install my virus checker tells me that install.exe contains Tr/Dropper.MSIL.Gen8.
Simply false positive ;)

As far I know, only two anti-virus return the installer as a potential threat:

• AntiVir: TR/Dropper.MSIL.Gen8
  • Qihoo: Malware.QVM03.Gen

One thing I've noticed since last release, that it gives a real preference to BIS functions with auto completion, with it only showing variable auto-completion / suggestion when there are no BIS functions available any more. Is there any way to make this behave like it was in previous version, where it would the most similar thing, rather then always defaulting to BIS functions?

Example

http://cl.ly/image/1s2T2p2o3l2e/Image%202014-07-22%20at%203.21.03%20PM.png

The system doesn't scan the file but scan what you type in or what was typed in the current project because scan the file would require a good workstation and Poseidon must work on weak workstations (for info, if it doesn't work well on my eee pc (very first model), the version must be reworked).

Simply false positive ;)

As far I know, only two anti-virus return the installer as a potential threat:

• AntiVir: TR/Dropper.MSIL.Gen8
  • Qihoo: Malware.QVM03.Gen

Thanks for the heads up, I will install it now. Cheers

I know this is extremely petty, but I will ask anyways in hopes of getting a response. On notepad++, lets say I have 3 documents already opened and I choose to open a 4th document. This 4th document, in the tab header on notepad++, will be placed right after the last document I opened. However, on Poseidon, this 4th document will be placed in an alphabetical order; consequently, it may be placed after the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd document. This type of sorting makes it quite annoying at times especially when there are a lot of documents opened on Poseidon. Imagine I have 20 documents showing on Poseidon and choose to open a 21st. I would then have to scroll through all 20 tabs to find, alphabetically, this 21st document. Rather, wouldn't it be much better if the 21st document was placed at the very end of the tab header, making it very easy to locate? Furthermore, if all the documents have the same name (ie config.cfg) it makes finding the last config.cfg file you just opened a little tricky b/c you do not know if it was placed at the very end (the more convenient sorting) or somewhere in between the other config.cfg files.

If there is already a functionality that solves what I just described, please point me to it.

Thank, you for this great tool.

Edited by chondo999

Perhaps it's just me, but I've never experienced any kind of alphabetical sorting. When I open a file its tab comes up on the far right.

I've noticed there is poor performance with xml files. Switching to a tab that has an xml, or selecting within an xml is very slow and laggy. Move to another tab and everything works just fine.

I know this is extremely petty, but I will ask anyways in hopes of getting a response. On notepad++, lets say I have 3 documents already opened and I choose to open a 4th document. This 4th document, in the tab header on notepad++, will be placed right after the last document I opened. However, on Poseidon, this 4th document will be placed in an alphabetical order; consequently, it may be placed after the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd document. This type of sorting makes it quite annoying at times especially when there are a lot of documents opened on Poseidon. Imagine I have 20 documents showing on Poseidon and choose to open a 21st. I would then have to scroll through all 20 tabs to find, alphabetically, this 21st document. Rather, wouldn't it be much better if the 21st document was placed at the very end of the tab header, making it very easy to locate? Furthermore, if all the documents have the same name (ie config.cfg) it makes finding the last config.cfg file you just opened a little tricky b/c you do not know if it was placed at the very end (the more convenient sorting) or somewhere in between the other config.cfg files.

If there is already a functionality that solves what I just described, please point me to it.

Thank, you for this great tool.

Perhaps it's just me, but I've never experienced any kind of alphabetical sorting. When I open a file its tab comes up on the far right.
Really weird because the expected and current behavior (at least, for the most of users) is the one SilentSpike described.
I've noticed there is poor performance with xml files. Switching to a tab that has an xml, or selecting within an xml is very slow and laggy. Move to another tab and everything works just fine.

What's the size of the XMLs?

How many files have you opened?

Are the XMLs well formatted (exempt from errors or missing tag closure)?

I will investigate, a regex could be wrong.

What's the size of the XMLs?

How many files have you opened?

Are the XMLs well formatted (exempt from errors or missing tag closure)?

I will investigate, a regex could be wrong.

The file is 980 KB and there are no errors on it, at least, none that I could find. I tried it just now when it was the only file open in Poseidon and it was still slow.

280_e9a7d1447ff598e8.jpg

Second release of Poseidon Tools development branch!

This development update should be the latest before the next stable release (0.72). As usual, there are some fixed issues like the performance problem caused by the bracket highlighter and some other minor issues. Regarding the additions, more the common update of functions and commands, Poseidon Tools continues its quest to become user friendly and its socialization:

1 # Settings Manager

This is a dialog that allows you to edit settings. For the moment, you can only edit your profile. Soon (or not), you will be able to change most of the major settings of the Poseidon Tools and some extra, like the indenter (tm4_indenter). You can have a look at what will be possible by viewing the the registry key “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\bohemia interactive\Poseidon Toolsâ€

280_thumb_bis_41c684e2f6dda4cd.jpg*

2 # Community Updater

Last but not least, this release includes a very (but really very) early version of the “Community Tools Updaterâ€. “Community Tools†means Poseidon Tools (by the way, that’s not ready to be used with it), and also the all suite of tools developed by Mikero.

280_thumb_bis_4d16ea3a82633506.jpg*

If you would like to add your tool in the depot (used by the updater), let me a PM on the BI Forums.

This tool can be downloaded as a standalone from the community tools depot.

* Keep in mind, this is early alpha ;)

Change log:

Stick with main branch if you do not want to deal with the (big) potential issues.

• Added: Settings manager (“preferences†>> “Optionsâ€)
  • Added: Community Updater (“preferences†>> “Optionsâ€) (temporary menu location)
  • Added: Commands for latest Arma 3
  • Added: Functions for latest Arma 3
  • Changed: Auto complete box is now shown after 50ms (+10)
  • Changed: Indent method for SQF files
  • Changed: ...too many things to list them all :)
  • Fixed: Very low performances on very large file (20MB+)
  • Fixed: Low performances with XML Files

Known issues:

• TM4_indenter: indentation if and while statement can be doubled in some cases (unidentified for the moment)
  • restoreDefault: It often crashes at the end of the process, but except this issue, the tool works as intended

Download:

280_e9a7d1447ff598e8.jpg

Stable release of Poseidon Tools today. No need to write additional text, past announcements (dev version) are here:

1. Poseidon Tools development version 0.71 – Fixes
  2. Poseidon Tools dev update (0.71.1786) – Community Updater, fixes…

As usual, feedback is appreciate (preferably on this thread), thanks!

This is not an official tool, you bear the risk. In case of false positive: Virus scan report.

Change log:

Download:

[*]Fixed: Low performances with XML Files

Confirmed fixed. Nice work.

Hey Tom, still loving the work going into this.

A small suggestion:

Would be nice if the private statement generation would ignore any variables inside existing private statements.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi Tom,

Really appreciate the tireless work you're putting in on this.

I have a question for you which is best put in a picture!

Check.PNG

I asked about this some time ago, DA. This doesn't answer your question, but this image may be of interest.

280_f5cb1c30265ab486.jpg

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

And while we're using screenshots to describe stuff, can I offer this one?

7Bs119V.png

Could the ordering of filenames in the builtin explorer be improved? m10 shouldn't follow m1. m2 should follow m1 (it's way further down list and not included in this screenshot)

Thanks TB - that's pretty useful, and I think has answered my question :)

EDIT: My TODO is the same colour as NOTE, whereas yours have different colours. Something in the preferences maybe?

Edited by Das Attorney

That screenshot was tom's and yes, todo and note are both green for me too.

todo and note both show up pink for me :cool:

Actually, a suggestion on this topic: Perhaps make the special comment highlighting only apply if the keyword is right after the //? Sometimes I'll write a comment like

// Must check this variable before the server PV to avoid issues

and it all turns red. Not a big deal as the word can just be replaced, but can be irritating.

Edited by SilentSpike

Your guide looks complete, nice job on it! Otherwise, I'm not sure to understand your last sentence. What do you want to add in my signature? :)

You're welcome

For the moment, there isn't `easy` way to customize snippets but this is a planned feature. Later, maybe 0.67 or 0.68, there will be a `configuration` application that will allow users to define custom snippets, parameters and so on… As usual, patience is the master word ;)

ATM, This `application` will permit to:

- Customize / Add snippets

- Define user settings (e.g. name, email address for file headers)

- Update Poseidon (without bothering with file deletion etc...)

- If Poseidon must use Arma 3 Tools or not

But this is only a temp list, in consequence, if you think it should manage other stuff, just let me know :icon_twisted:

Is there any progress on this one ?

Did one my self! Just made an file in

"C:\Program Files\PoseidonTools\Data\Packages\Snippets\Description & Comment"

based on yours.

Works fine.

Edited by meat147

When I right click I always get: [Error 2] The System cannot find the file specified.

Any idea what causes this and how to fix it?

todo and note both show up pink for me :cool:

Actually, a suggestion on this topic: Perhaps make the special comment highlighting only apply if the keyword is right after the //? Sometimes I'll write a comment like

// Must check this variable before the server PV to avoid issues

and it all turns red. Not a big deal as the word can just be replaced, but can be irritating.

This is because you use dark color scheme. Todo, Issue and Warning will remain highlighted, but regarding Check, I'm not sure for now. Keep an eye on change logs ;)
Is there any progress on this one ?

Did one my self! Just made an file in

"C:\Program Files\PoseidonTools\Data\Packages\Snippets\Description & Comment"

based on yours.

Works fine.

Well, here a quick report:

- [ANALYSIS] Customize / Add snippets

- [DONE] Define user settings (e.g. name, email address for file headers)

- [WIP] Update Poseidon (without bothering with file deletion etc...)

- [CANCELED] (now irrelevant) If Poseidon must use Arma 3 Tools or not

When I right click I always get: [Error 2] The System cannot find the file specified.

Any idea what causes this and how to fix it?

Error 2 is generally related to Tortoise, installing SVN, GIT or HG Tortoise should fix your issue. If it's already installed, this means that the configuration is wrong, edit it from: "Preferences" >> "Tortoise" >> "Settings"