Sign in to follow this  
los18z

Failing on start up...any advice?

Howdy I have searched around but not found this particular problem.

I have Arma 3 from Steam. Previously I had A3 Alpha and it worked ok, but haven't messed with it for a few months. I deleted any old Arma 3 alpha stuff (including the arma3 dir in my documents) and installed Arma 3. I started Arma3, oddly enough it did not take me to the first time set up screen.It did try to immediately start arma, I saw the little splash screen saying it was was loading addons, initializing addons, loading profile...then nothing. Eventually the steam store adds pop up. Fail. Uninstalled, reinstalled. Same thing. Windowed mode or full screen start up,same thing. No problem with any other games inc Arma 2/OA. Any guidance appreciated! Thank you.

Los

My specs:

Win 7 x64 professional SP1

8 GB RAM

GEForce 770 2 gb Vram driver ver 320.49

Intel quad 2 core CPU q9550 2.83GHZ

DX11

Does Arma3 post a start up log somewhere I can check? That way I can see why its stopped. Thanks

Los

I haven't studied Arma startup problems much since I've only had one issue with launching: Are you running Fraps? Then disable it.

Fraps still causes the same exact problem for me. Some other OSD program might be the culprit too.

And you can find a log file in your profile folder, called Arma???????.rpt. Open it in Notepad.

Check your anti virus/malware programs. It may be blocking it.

A friend of mine yesterday had an issue with his ArmA 3 not starting, turned out it was his anti-malware flagging it due to ArmA 3 trying to change some keyboard/mouse things.

@OP,I had sort of the same problem as yourself the other day, uninstall and re-install didn't work.

I checked steam for the game integrity and once it done it's thing (2 files were missing?) all was well, maybe try that, you never know,

Mick. :)