Sign in to follow this  
vade_101

RAF Merlin HC3a - CH-49 Reskin

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great work by da12thmonkey well done mate. How come the file size is 5mb?

Great work by da12thmonkey well done mate. How come the file size is 5mb?

Textures are about 1.5 MB each, and there three on the addon, and one spare texture with a Union Flag on it for special occasions :)

Tah for doing the things I couldn't be arsed with doing Vade. :D

As Vade just mentioned, for anyone who's interested: There's also an option to display a large Union Flag on the cargo door, as appeared on Merlins during the Iraq war

aqqk.th.jpg

this setObjectTexture [1,"SDC_MerlinHC3\RAF_2_flag_co.paa"]

The fact that the .pbo isn't binarized may have a bit of an effect on the file size but since it only contains a few .paa files (which are fairly large) and a config.cpp - I don't think there's a great deal of compression that would be done during binarisation.

It'd probably also be a bit smaller if Vade used .7z or .rar compression. Seriously... who still uses plain old .zip format nowadays? :p

It'd probably also be a bit smaller if Vade used .7z or .rar compression. Seriously... who still uses plain old .zip format nowadays? :p

Even worse, i used 7zip to make it a .zip file rather than a 7z, which is somehow twice as bad.

uh-oh, will you please go in the corner and be embarrassed^^

The chopper does look great, I'm pro anything that makes stuff more realistic. A pity one can't tamper with the model to add the anti-ship radar and other stuff of the Navy version, that "tigerstriped" thing looks damn cool: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/Westland.eh101.merlin.fairford.arp.jpg