Sign in to follow this  
Dead3ye

The single worst thing about this game - Client side FPS is dependant on servers.

Joining a poorly performing or laggy server always results in incredibly low client side frames per second, requiring frequent server restarts simply for the sake of client side performance. Why is this the case because there is not a single other game i can think of that results in terrible client side performance when the server is having issues. I want to enjoy this game but it's impossible with the current performance on a high-end system.

Probably because in other games there isn't a vast amount of AI to sync with all the clients.

Its the case because they didnt listen to complaints about arma 2 and arma 3 alpha/beta and still use the same horrific engine.

Probably because in other games there isn't a vast amount of AI to sync with all the clients.

Except the issue is the same in Altis Life servers where there are literally zero AI, and 30 players yet still performing terribly.

Have to agree but I'm sure there's a technical reason...

... yes, one of this technical reasons is the following:

If a server runs a mission whitout or with pure cleanup routines,

the number of objects in this mission will increase with time.

The number of objects will primary impact the server performance alot,

but because the most of objects have to be synchronized to all clients,

it will impact the clients performance too (because we have a increased object numbers on all connected clients too).

Been like this since OFP, I ran a 24 hour CTI one time and when I woke up in the morning client FPS was at 9. So I managed to go around with a chopper and kill all these spawned Resistance everywhere which helped FPS after awhile but it never recovered properly after that. I did have probably the biggest base ever built in a CTI the night before though lol