Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

Objects (Military)

Well, I wanted to create a simple mission and that mission involves destroying a radio tower. But that does not exist. If I remember correctly (doesn't bother to double-check) such a tower existed in ARMA 2 ''Objects (military).

In my opinion there is not enough objects in that section. It really requires an expansion.

Well, I wanted to create a simple mission and that mission involves destroying a radio tower. But that does not exist. If I remember correctly (doesn't bother to double-check) such a tower existed in ARMA 2 ''Objects (military).

In my opinion there is not enough objects in that section. It really requires an expansion.

It's more likely that the tower just needs to be made public, so that it shows up in the editor. As Altis has such towers they obviously exist, they are just tagged as not-for-editor. Usually in the first few weeks of an ArmA release an addon comes along that exposes these hidden objects.

It's more likely that the tower just needs to be made public, so that it shows up in the editor. As Altis has such towers they obviously exist, they are just tagged as not-for-editor. Usually in the first few weeks of an ArmA release an addon comes along that exposes these hidden objects.

It would be better to have a military radio tower, which would br a good strategic target.

If you want to create a radio tower object, you can use a 3D editor like this. However, you can also use a trigger on an already placed radio tower on the map using ID values.

Or use this http://www.antihelios.de/EK/Arma/index.htm

Then all you have to do is place a normal object on the map, lets say a flagpole. Name it something lets say "radiotower", then open up the mission.sqm in notepad. Use the find feature to search for radiotower and replace the object with your chosen building.

I want the radar station, barracks and field hospital back from arma2. We need military targets and a custom base to build for missions. Now the only objective as for military objects is 'destroy the camo nets'.

We had access to all of that stuff (including all civilian houses, slum houses, lamps, industrial buildings, etc) through a couple of mods released early on in the beta. Lots of items underwent name changes, so I'm guessing those mods may be outdated now, but I'm sure we'll see them again soon.

You can always user createVehicle -command. It's not as userfriendly as having direct editor objects, but it means you can have other high-value targets than camo-nets. ;)

Or get the damage of an already existing radio tower by using it's object ID from the editor map. You'll have to dig around for the correct syntax, but it should work like A2.

Or just have military objects in the editor. Only having camo nets in there is a bit silly compared to what arma 2 had in the object list. I especially miss the field hospital, because I don't like the first aid kit setup that all units have.

And the camo nets in arma 3 are from arma2. The vehicle covers do not work in arma 3, all the vehicles are to high to cover them, vehicle cover will fall to the ground when you place a vehicle under it, they are useless. So there are no usable military objects in the editor at all.

Edited by B00tsy

I have been defending BIS against my collegues, friends (bf3, COD players on ps3, xbox360) in the work, home, etc. and telling them what A3 will bring to PC gameplay but now I do not have any point to do so and I have to say this: !!! Shame on you BIS !!!

I want the radar station, barracks and field hospital back from arma2. We need military targets and a custom base to build for missions. Now the only objective as for military objects is 'destroy the camo nets'.

:butbut:

Really? No military/warefare buildings? Nothing?

Just ... camo nets?

:(

Nope, no warfare buildings. There's a temporary hospital - a white version of the HQ building. It's very similar to the one in the dome at the chemical weapons factory and there's a first aid post - it's a 20ft container with an small extension. But they are all private scope so they don't appear in the editor. You can spawn them in you know the classname. There's a long length of rope too. :)