TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

They have updated the F18 and SU35 mods so yes they are usable. Buut the Flanker E as far as i tested works completely fine while the F18 is still being worked on.

Another question to the developers: Is there a function to supress the service menu? I do not want players to be able to change the loadout on, say, for example the USS Nimitz. If not, is there ANY way to do so?

From the service menu user action:

this animationPhase ""service_menu_switch"" < 0.5

Untested, but hopefully working, set this in the plane's Init box:

this animate ["service_menu_switch", 1, true];

I have to say the updated Flanker is joy to fly. It could bat turn really really well. :wink_o:

• Like 2

I can't get any of the weapons to show up on pylons for the Su-35. I've got AWS installed.

I can't get the R-27, R-60, R-73, or R-77 to show up.

On 18.7.2017 at 5:14 AM, islesfan186 said:

Ok so probably a stupid question....how do I turn the laser on for the TGP (E Model)?  I've scrolled through the weapons and I don't see laser designator. 

Was this fixed?

Because I still cant lase my targets.  

1 hour ago, jonstyle said:

Was this fixed?

Because I still cant lase my targets.  

You have to just use the generic skin.  There hasn't been an update since I noticed the problem.  I'm sure TeTeT will eventually get it fixed.  Between the Nimitz and all the other stuff he works in (plus IRL stuff), I'm sure he's swamped

21 minutes ago, islesfan186 said:

You have to just use the generic skin.  There hasn't been an update since I noticed the problem.  I'm sure TeTeT will eventually get it fixed.  Between the Nimitz and all the other stuff he works in (plus IRL stuff), I'm sure he's swamped

Thanks but I just tried this. Still cant fire the laser. The laser wont turn up while switching through the weapons systems

56 minutes ago, jonstyle said:

Thanks but I just tried this. Still cant fire the laser. The laser wont turn up while switching through the weapons systems

Hope this isnt a stupid question but did you try cntrl-right mouse button to access laser tgp?

12 hours ago, Rockapes said:

Hope this isnt a stupid question but did you try cntrl-right mouse button to access laser tgp?

The TGP works but there is no laser.  So you can't designate targets for the LGB's or laser guided AGMs

I hope the lasers are fixed in the latest beta version. If you want to help to test and find those annoying bugs, join the Nimitz for Arma 3 discord: https://discord.gg/tSJRQkw We discuss development of the Super Hornet and Super Flanker there as well.

Thanks to Jeza for the screenshots!

jeza-F18-1.jpg

This is a minor update for the F/A-18E/F. The plane has been updated to use dynamic loadout and Firewill's AWS and improvements to the flight model and afterburner have been made, as well as the new hitpoint system has been added.

The radar settings have been raised slightly in range, the vanilla sonic boom effect has been added, community member ShadowSix provided a new flight model, vehicle customization in Eden was added for the many skins, the service menu was adjusted to allow for dynamic loadout.

jeza-F18-2.jpg

Spoiler

2017-10-14 config

- add paint schemes to F/A-18F

2017-10-03 config

- increase stall speed, decrease low speed maneuverability

- change service menu loadouts to x1 ammo, x2 currently gone

2017-09-21 config

- add dynamic loadout

- add textureList support

2017-08-17 config

- add rudderCoef, aileronCoef and elevatorCoef from F/A-181

2017-08-17 config

- try ShadowSix flight model changes

2017-07-30 config

- change altFullForce and altNoForce

2017-06-12 config

- add sonic boom

- increase radar range to 12km and arc to 80

All mirrors are updated:

PWS: http://withsix.com/p/Arma-3/mods/inYY6HIf4xGhSwAVF72WTA/f-a-18-super-hornet

Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22594

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=743099837

jeza-F18-3.jpg

Edited by TeTeT
Updated mirror info
  • Like 6

@TeTeT One minor suggestion, the SU-35 name in game should be fixed, now it's SU35S or something, a proper writitng per Russian system should be Su-35S. Just thought that I give a hint. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm at work right now so I can't check, but is the TGP laser still missing for all skins other than the generic skin?

I did a little flying with the new F18 last night and this morning.  Climb characteristics seem to be off a bit.  When pulling up from a gun run it seems like it will not climb whatsoever.   It is very resistant to come up, and is almost like the downward pull it has while in afterburner.

What altitude were you flying at?  There is a new adjustment based on altitude for the flight model.

Oh, I was low.  Coming in fast on a strafing run, sub 300 meters.  I have been informed by my pilots I am an idiot, so it was probably just me. ;)  It just felt much less responsive than it was before the patch.

I will defer to my unit pilots and see what they say about it with more testing.

Too low for those values then.  Tell you what - put some of my SAM units nearby and see how well she responds then :D

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:05 PM, Polyus said:

I can't get any of the weapons to show up on pylons for the Su-35. I've got AWS installed.

I can't get the R-27, R-60, R-73, or R-77 to show up.

@TeTeT Yeah, i'm still getting this problem. When I try to arm the Su-35 in the editor, none of the weapons will show up on the pylons, and they won't show up once the game is loaded either. But when I go into the service menu once the game starts, I can.

Yeah I can't get the GBU 38's to show or the dual rails. Was pushing for my unit to use this :(

1 hour ago, Polyus said:

@TeTeT Yeah, i'm still getting this problem. When I try to arm the Su-35 in the editor, none of the weapons will show up on the pylons, and they won't show up once the game is loaded either. But when I go into the service menu once the game starts, I can.

Have you tried it w/o AWS?  Kind of hard to troubleshoot multiple mods at once.  If you can naoow down exactly that it is this mod or AWS that can help immensely.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Polyus said:

That sounds pretty bad, can you enable the showScriptErrors option when launching arma and see if something pops up? Do you have any of the DLC installed? E.g. Jets DLC.

7 hours ago, DMaco said:

Yeah I can't get the GBU 38's to show or the dual rails. Was pushing for my unit to use this :(

Both have gone away with the latest F/A-18 update. The GBU 38 should be replaceable with Firewill's AWS weaponry. The dual rails are no longer there, as the pylon system replaced them. Just equip the plane with a dual rail pylon.

I got some comments on steam that the current flight model is broken, e.g. the plane floats too much, it turns badly and what not. I've now put the old flight model back into place and we're testing with that. It does not support any of the new flight model enhancements, though. Anyone interested in helping out to test the Hornet, drop me a PM.

I downloaded AWS but I can't get it to work in the editor. I read the read me file and put the Init line in but still wont work :/

@DMaco, you can use Firewill's AWS from the steam workshop or http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28646 and you don't need to put anything in the init line. The weapons from AWS should be available on any pylon, either in Eden dynamic loadout screen, the service menu or via Grumpy Old Man's loadout script. If none of this works, please join our discord and we try to debug it there (https://discord.gg/tSJRQkw).

Quite a number of issues were found after the release, so we're busy working on a bug fix release in the coming week(s). 

First and foremost it looks like we'll reinstate the original flight model and remove any references to the newer flight model engine settings. Next, the LGB were dropped all at once, they have now a single mode for firing. The center pylon on the F/A-18F was shifted to the side, it's centered again. The F/A-18F weaponry did not show up due to wrong proxies. The weight on the outer wingtip pylons was lowered to 200. The dual rail Maverick and LGB were added again. Support for Firewill's ECM jamming scripts has been added, external pods will work with the F/A-18 later on, after an AWS update. When switching armaments the old weapon was still available, albeit without ammo.

The GBU-3x bombs have been deprecated and will stay off service until someone steps up who wants to maintain the missile box and the GPS targeting system.

For the F/A-18F the current default for any weapon armament is pilot control. If you want the gunner to control the weaponry, either assign the weapons from Eden's loadout editor or use the Grumpy Old Man GOM aircraft loadout script, linked from the last post.

• Like 1