tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Is the AI accuracy edited in this? Meaning will they still shoot dead on from 250m out?

When a unit is under suppression, their overall skills are reduced (including accuracy). So they won't be deadly accurate under fire, but will return to whatever their default state was 5-10 seconds after suppression stops.

When a unit is under suppression, their overall skills are reduced (including accuracy). So they won't be deadly accurate under fire, but will return to whatever their default state was 5-10 seconds after suppression stops.

Thank you TPW, for the quick response! Amazing Mod!;)

You are indeed correct oldy41. What currently happens is that the suppression shell completely blocks explosion damage from passing through to the unit. There is a detection loop running that tries to disable the shell when near various explosive classes, but it doesn't always switch the shell off in time. However the shell does register the explosion and the ammo that caused the explosion. Based on this I fudge a damage value based on the indirect damage attribute of the ammo, and the distance from the unit. This is then applied to the unit to wound/kill it. There is also an impulse attribute associated with the ammo that is presumably used to calculate whether a unit should be thrown around by the explosion. I have had little success trying to push ragdolls around (TPW FALL), but I can revisit it if you think it is worth the effort.

I don't know how others think about this, but imho it felt like a satisfying reward for a well placed grenade when the ragdolls were flying around :-)

(Like Mick said: Its only Rock'n Roll but I like it...)

So I would really love it if you could manage to restore that effect.

I don't know how others think about this, but imho it felt like a satisfying reward for a well placed grenade when the ragdolls were flying around :-)

(Like Mick said: Its only Rock'n Roll but I like it...)

So I would really love it if you could manage to restore that effect.

I'll see what I can do mate

Hi. I was trying to play Worthy85's mission 'Op Grim Reaper' off the Steam Workshop, with the TPW_FALL mod active (tpw_mods.pbo version, dated 15/09/2013). The mission includes an initial HALO insertion, though opening the parachute at any level with TPW_FALL active seems to cause instant death when hitting the ground? Does the mod work with parachutes?

I have a performance issues with all mods runnig. On the other hand the mod adds so much immersion and features so i can live with it. :) Tweaking the configs may solve the problem.

I'll see what I can do mate

I gotta say, seeing one guy smashing through all the problems he sees in the game like this is kinda inspiring. I'm tempted to get into mod making for Arma myself now.

Thanks for the great addons!

Hi. I was trying to play Worthy85's mission 'Op Grim Reaper' off the Steam Workshop, with the TPW_FALL mod active (tpw_mods.pbo version, dated 15/09/2013). The mission includes an initial HALO insertion, though opening the parachute at any level with TPW_FALL active seems to cause instant death when hitting the ground? Does the mod work with parachutes?

It works with parachutes, I just tested it. TPW FALL doesn't do anything regarding player damage so it can't be suddenly making your player damage 1. I can't guarantee how my mods will work with the millions of user created missions with their own custom scripting though.

I have a performance issues with all mods runnig. On the other hand the mod adds so much immersion and features so i can live with it. :) Tweaking the configs may solve the problem.

Can you try disabling the mods one at a time for me? I get minimal hit and I have a pretty modest core i5 and a GTX 570.

I gotta say, seeing one guy smashing through all the problems he sees in the game like this is kinda inspiring. I'm tempted to get into mod making for Arma myself now.

Thanks for the great addons!

Thanks mate, I hope you do a better job of it than me!

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

Great work again. Merging the modules while still allowing to enable / disable each function separately was a very good idea.

It greatly facilitates mod management and updating.

A small question regarding EBS:

Is it possible that the current implementation / work around for handling damage dealt by explosions does not take into account PhysX?

I remember having seen soldiers being pushed around by 40mm explosions nearby, and this does not seem to function anymore.

( I don't know, whether that's realistic or hollywood. Anyway, I really liked it :-) )

Might be out of luck for the time being with this. It seems that setvelocity only works on live units. So I can get an explosion to push a live unit around (looks like they are on skates), but the moment they die and turn ragdoll they just fall straight down, regardless of their speed whilst alive. I don't know how to get low enough level access to the ragdolling to make this work.

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

will this mod get updated all in one as from now?

That's the whole idea!

is it possible to set up a trigger change the settings on the civ script? so say as the player drives through a town it has a smaller area, so as not to get bogged down if they stop. But if say they needed to observer a town from a distance they would see civilians in it, Im using a radius of 1000 at the moment, but I worry what might happen if the same was to be used in a large town.

is it possible to set up a trigger change the settings on the civ script? so say as the player drives through a town it has a smaller area, so as not to get bogged down if they stop. But if say they needed to observer a town from a distance they would see civilians in it, Im using a radius of 1000 at the moment, but I worry what might happen if the same was to be used in a large town.

Absolutely. tpw_civ_radius is the variable concerned. You can change this on the fly at any time via trigger or script or debug console.

Hi tpw;

Words cannot describe how useful and game-enriching your work is.

If I just may have a small suggestion regarding;

Short term to do list:

• Civilian exclusion zones

I'd ideally have some animal exclusion zones implemented at some point as well. As great it is to have random animals spawning here and there it really is a showstopper when you have flocks of sheep on the runway preventing the AI pilots to taxi / take off ;)

Hi tpw;

Words cannot describe how useful and game-enriching your work is.

If I just may have a small suggestion regarding;

I'd ideally have some animal exclusion zones implemented at some point as well. As great it is to have random animals spawning here and there it really is a showstopper when you have flocks of sheep on the runway preventing the AI pilots to taxi / take off ;)

Already have them. Put any object down in the editor and name it tpwanimexc. You can put a further 9 of them, tpwanimexc_1 to tpwanimexc_9.

Which of these addons are now dedicated server compatible?

None of them. I'll let everyone know, believe me.

Could it be possible to add police? Like if cops see you shooting civilians or doing other illegal activity, they start to chase you. And police cars to patrol on roads for speeders, etc? Like if you cross a speed limit in view of a police, the police cars starts to chase you or something like that?

None of them. I'll let everyone know, believe me.

I am pretty sure TPW_LOS works on dedicated servers, but not sure about the rest.

I am trying to create a COOP mission, so its gonna be MP. But I am currently keeping it very simple and I seem to have troubles with the TPW_bleedout and TPW_los scripts. TPW_bleedout half works, my guy keeps bleeding and will eventually die if not treated but the stances do not work. I am still able to stand and do all kinds of tricks until the last seconds of my death. TPW_los does not even seem to start at all. I have tried debugging but there's no blue dots. I am initializing the scripts on the player init field, if it matters... I have also noticed an issue with the TPW_fall. If I shoot the enemy while he is laying on the ground incapacitated, sometimes the AI wont die right away, seems that after the incapacitated timer has ended he will actually die.

I know these are for SP but as my mission is still so simple, only one patrol and me, I dont see issues there. I am also pretty new to Arma mission editing mechanics so I apologize if I have totally missed something. I dont want to create a missiong without these features so I really hope you guys can shed some light on this.

TPW_bleedout version: 1.06

TPW_los version: 1.05

TPW_fall version: 1.14

ARMA 3 version: latest non-dev

This is probably a long shot but do you think it's possible to add distant air traffic with contrails? With the wind affected particles it would definitely look real.

TPW MODS 20130916: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

[CIVS 1.14] Civs will not spawn when player near named exclusion objects (tpwcivexc_1 -> tpwcivexc_9)

[FOG 1.02] Foggy breath will not occur above 12 deg C, regardless of dew point

[RAINFX 1.00] New mod, adds rain droplet effects on the ground near the player.

Please update your config for the new rain fx.

TPW, you should have a TPW logo that shows up on the main screen when TPW_MODs are loaded. If anyone's earned a spot on there..you have. Is the engine capable of snow?

---------- Post added at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

I go the following error

'...linfo select 6) select 1;

_explosive = |#nearestObject [_unit, _ammo];

_expdist ...'

Error Type Object, expected number

File TPW_MODS\tpw_ebs.sqf, line 204

Current A3 release

Current/latest Mod as of post.

I was just using Mods not calling script from init or anything.

Edited by sttosin

TPW, you should have a TPW logo that shows up on the main screen when TPW_MODs are loaded. If anyone's earned a spot on there..you have. Is the engine capable of snow?

---------- Post added at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

I go the following error

'...linfo select 6) select 1;

_explosive = |#nearestObject [_unit, _ammo];

_expdist ...'

Error Type Object, expected number

File TPW_MODS\tpw_ebs.sqf, line 204

Current A3 release

Current/latest Mod as of post.

I was just using Mods not calling script from init or anything.

Thanks for that sstosin. Were there any nearby explosives?

For the CIVS vehicle, once they have been commandeered, if user gets out why give option to commandeer again along with get in as driver. It should only show get in as driver.

---------- Post added at 00:41 ---------- Previous post was at 00:41 ----------

Thanks for that sstosin. Were there any nearby explosives?

Yes. Enemy tank blew blew up an FIA technical vehicle.

---------- Post added at 00:58 ---------- Previous post was at 00:41 ----------

Sorry I screwed up. I am on Developer Edition still. v.1.1.0.0 1.01.110097.

For the CIVS vehicle, once they have been commandeered, if user gets out why give option to commandeer again along with get in as driver. It should only show get in as driver.

Just a matter of me naming and removing the addaction.

Yes. Enemy tank blew blew up an FIA technical vehicle.

So was there a unit inside the vehicle, or was it standing nearby? EBS should disable the shell once units are in vehicles. I'm just trying to establish why the shell didn't register the ammo that caused the explosion

Just a matter of me naming and removing the addaction.

So was there a unit inside the vehicle, or was it standing nearby? EBS should disable the shell once units are in vehicles. I'm just trying to establish why the shell didn't register the ammo that caused the explosion

One was driving while the other manned the machine gun on the back of the vehicle.

---------- Post added at 01:02 ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 ----------

Not sure it matters but I was playing as a civilian nearby.