Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

A List of Questionably Empty Promises

New lighting effects are better, I think, they reflect what internal refractions and haloing in the human eye look like better. The ones there are more reminiscent of a cheap camera lens.

I think the new ones are more realistic too but you're missing the point.

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

I run the game on the absolute lowest settings and I've never been infront of a MH-9 with it's lights on; For all I know, that's exactly how it looks like.

Poor trolling, you can't actually be that stupid.

Helicopter light difference in one screenshot and in the game can't be that big of an issue.

It was in the game, then it was changed during the Alpha for a reason.

The current lights are quite... "ugly". I hope they'll tweak them a bit. Just for the eye candy.

Helicopter light difference in one screenshot and in the game can't be that big of an issue.

It was in the game, then it was changed during the Alpha for a reason.

The current lights are quite... "ugly". I hope they'll tweak them a bit. Just for the eye candy.

It's not a big issue.

...except the picture is still in arma3 webpage under media/images. Picture says it's "in-game". They should either remove the picture or change the text to "was-in-game". tsk tsk.

Wait - so the most recent complaint in this thread is that a WiP image is still on the BIS webpage showing an effect that is not in the game, while the same complainants acknowledge that the actual effect is superior....

...really? This is a good example of how people are now just casting about to find anything, anything at all to complain about. I've seen it on other forums where a newly released game will get just panned by anybody just waltzing in and complaining about irrelevent stuff just for the sake of it. And now I see it right here, it's like a virus that people catch or something.

Now that I think on it, the same did happen with ArmA2. Back then, it was "ArmA2 was no different from ArmA1". Not the thrust seems to be "ArmA3 is nothing like ArmA2, it doesn't even have exactly the same stuff".

Jeez, I dunno :)

It's not a big issue.

...except the picture is still in arma3 webpage under media/images. Picture says it's "in-game". They should either remove the picture or change the text to "was-in-game". tsk tsk.

Maybe so. But I still kind of hope .. some improvement to what it is now, perhaps not as lens-effecty way, though.

Wait - so the most recent complaint in this thread is that a WiP image is still on the BIS webpage showing an effect that is not in the game, while the same complainants acknowledge that the actual effect is superior....

...really? This is a good example of how people are now just casting about to find anything, anything at all to complain about. I've seen it on other forums where a newly released game will get just panned by anybody just waltzing in and complaining about irrelevent stuff just for the sake of it. And now I see it right here, it's like a virus that people catch or something.

Now that I think on it, the same did happen with ArmA2. Back then, it was "ArmA2 was no different from ArmA1". Not the thrust seems to be "ArmA3 is nothing like ArmA2, it doesn't even have exactly the same stuff".

Jeez, I dunno :)

I said it looks more realistic, not superior. I prefer how it looks in that screenshot rather than the near Arma 2 look that it is now with coloured circles. So really your entire post is wrong because you misinterpreted what I said as preferring it how it is now. I'll make it clear; for me, the lighting effect in the screenshot is superior, just maybe not as realistic.

Also, you're missing the point as well. The point isn't which effect you or I think looks better, the point is that they are advertising the game showing things that aren't in it.

Edited by clydefrog

@DMarwick

No, I just think it's little bit dishonest to show superior light effects that are not in the game and claim they are. This is not why I'm disappointed, this is just a small drop in the ocean.

I'm just hoping BI will delete that picture because it's misleading.

I said it looks more realistic, not superior. I prefer how it looks in that screenshot rather than the near Arma 2 look that it is now with coloured circles. So really your entire post is wrong because you misinterpreted what I said as preferring it how it is now. I'll make it clear; for me, the lighting effect in the screenshot is superior, just maybe not as realistic.

Also, you're missing the point as well. The point isn't which effect you or I think looks better, the point is that they are advertising the game showing things that aren't in it.

Well, nice dodge but your posting history shows you as being concerned with realism. So there are aspects that you don't like because they're not realistic enough, and aspects you don't like because they're too realistic. I think I can see which way the wind blows here ;)

But again I'm missing the point because they're showing an image of lights that used to be in the game but are now more realistic. I get that.

I still think it's a bit of a stretch to have this as any kind of complaint. Maybe you're trying too hard to dislike something you already dislike.

@DMarwick

No, I just think it's little bit dishonest to show superior light effects that are not in the game and claim they are. This is not why I'm disappointed, this is just a small drop in the ocean.

I'm just hoping BI will delete that picture because it's misleading.

They were in the game on Alpha stage and were taken out because what we have now is better.

They were in the game on Alpha stage and were taken out because what we have now is better.

Yes, but isn't it odd they still keep those old pictures and say it's an in-game picture, when it's clearly not..?

I wouldn't call the new lights better. Collision lights are almost invisible. You're not able to see jet collision lights if you're further than couple of meters away. "When you see the flash it's already too late". Because of this I prefer the "in-game" lights.

Well, nice dodge but your posting history shows you as being concerned with realism. So there are aspects that you don't like because they're not realistic enough, and aspects you don't like because they're too realistic. I think I can see which way the wind blows here ;)

Yes, do you have a problem with that? This is a game, it's not all about making everything as realistic as possible.

But again I'm missing the point because they're showing an image of lights that used to be in the game but are now more realistic. I get that.

Yeah that says "In game" on it on their official website, jesus christ. Forget whether they look more realistic or not, they are showing something as being in the game that isn't what you actually get, that's the point and you still can't understand it so forget it.

I still think it's a bit of a stretch to have this as any kind of complaint. Maybe you're trying too hard to dislike something you already dislike.

Its the classic 'haters are going to hate' nothing more.

Yes, but isn't it odd they still keep those old pictures and say it's an in-game picture, when it's clearly not..?

I wouldn't call the new lights better. Collision lights are almost invisible. You're not able to see jet collision lights if you're further than couple of meters away. "When you see the flash it's already too late". Because of this I prefer the "in-game" lights.

agreed

BIS before release: Hell yeah! There is some "in-game" screenshots from ArmA 3 - F-35 and other military shieeeet

Customer: Wow shut up and take my money!

BIS after release: Screenshots means nothing - it was WIP. And yes, ArmA 3 is going to be an greek farm simulator since 2 patch after release.

Customer: ok...