Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

CSLA for A2:CO (with campaign '89)

Note that CSLA Mod has been released in latest version v.2.26 - related info with download links can be found here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164081-CSLA-for-A2-CO-(with-campaign-89)&p=2680146#post2680146

CSLA_A2CO_ver2.25_BIforums.jpg

Hello CSLA folks,

we are proud that we can announce the release of updated CSLA Mod for Arma 2: Combined Operations, which finally includes an extensive singleplayer campaign, codenamed '89.

Way to this "more or less" the last release for A2:CO was long and full of surprises.

Along with the work on the other stunning addons, singleplayer and multiplayer missions, we were working on the largest campaign ever, for more than a year.

When we look into our dev-log, we see there more than 1600 hours (without testing) spent on the editing of this mega-project.

When I look into the past, a lot of interesting things happened during this period.

One of our team members build own villa, another team member completely destroyed his PC as his water cooling system leak a water into the case.

Another one become married and three months ago, his wife born him a beautiful son.

Unfortunately, we also lost one good and young friend which was a great fan of CSLA Mod from the old OFP times.

Therefore, the campaign is dedicated to him.

Rest in peace Ondrej.

But, back to the release ...

Along with the campaign are in the updated Mod included also new vehicles and other features.

Just to be short, I will point out on the soviet submarine Class OSCAR II, K-349 "Dnepr", which is our small flashback to the OFP times.

As a bonus in this release you may also find two vehicles which are not from the Cold War Era.

We added the "digital" MiG-29AS and (already retired) Mi-24V of Armed Forces of the Slovak Republic as a honor to our history - this year is 69. anniversary of Slovak national uprising during the WWII.

And yes, we will probably add more equipment of this faction in the future (A3?) .. who knows ;)

Now few words to the SP/MP missions ...

As you probably saw in the past, some of the SP missions are locked by default.

In this case, you need to play and finish other SP missions to enable this locked content.

Note that many of the missions contains random elements or procedures, so they can be playable more than two times.

And note that also some of the missions required also ACR DLC (can be also Lite), mainly due to "summer island".

Operation Venkov is another unique piece in our large collection of playable content.

This mission is originaly created as a large MP COOP, therefore you will find it's two (one for the ACR DLC) versions in the list of MP missions and also two modified versions are included in the list of SP missions.

Note that in this case you are not able to use any respawn (in SP version), so it's recommended only to the hard-core players ... because "if you see the flash, it's already late" ;)

And what you may expect from the campaign?

As we announced before, campaign contains more than 60 missions(!) and is released as one large pack (not divided into any packages ... everybody knows :))

The story and the background of a campaign reflects to some real events which were happened in the past.

Note that we didn't want to follow the same background as was in old campaign for OFP (it's impossible of course), but we believe that we created another splendid piece.

Player will go through the campaign with few different characters such is rifleman, paratrooper, pilot etc. and he will be faced to many decisions in various situations/missions.

Then, according to these decisions, different advances through the mission (or through whole new missions) will follow.

This means, that the campaign is not strictly linear - can be played for many times and as the situations in many missions are generated randomly, player has at least (put-your-number-here-according-your-skills) hours of playing time ;)

Campaign can be finished in three different endings which are more or less the same for each part of the story.

This release of campaign is without any dubbing, but there is the plan to record it in the future.

So, we are looking for any constructive feedback.

I hope, I don't miss on something in these "few" words ...

... hope, you will enjoy the campaign with all the new stuff in CSLA Mod!

emsi_salute.gifEMSI from the CSLA Studio

So, what's currently new, fixed and added?

New vehicles:

- OT-62 TOPAS (CSLA)

- K-349 „Dnepr“ (Russia)

- MiG-29AS Fulcrum (AFSR)

- Mi-24V Hind (AFSR)

New singleplayer campaign '89:

- more than 60 missions

- different advances and large variability in completion of tasks

- various ending according to the decisions of player

- three playable factions

New singleplayer missions:

- Bomberman (DLC ACR is required)

- One shot, one kill (DLC ACR is required)

- Operation Venkov

- Operation Venkov ACR (DLC ACR is required)

- Shooting star (DLC ACR is required)

- Tit for tat

New multiplayer missions:

- Operation Venkov (COOP 10)

- Operation Venkov (COOP 10) (DLC ACR is required)

- Warfare for ported Sahrani

Others:

- new PBO files for AFMC and FIA

- new scripts in standalone PBO

- new standalone object: Radiostation R-129

- new standalone components for radiostation R-129 (antenna and batteries)

- trowel now added also to AFMC units: they can dig a foxholes

- added model for Sa-61 with silencer and released butt

- added action for releasing of butt on Sa-61

- fixed radius for rotation on DANA

- various fixes in MP missions

- various small fixes on models

- fixes in strings and scripts

- added "BIS_vapour" effects on all planes

- replenish of empty positions in static weapons once the gunner died

- added action for opening of cargo doors on Mi-24

- BMP-1: allowed searchlight for commander

- Svatava a DTP-90: disabled opening of upper hatches

CSLA_A2CO_v2.25_release_001.jpg CSLA_A2CO_v2.25_release_002.jpg CSLA_A2CO_v2.25_release_003.jpg CSLA_A2CO_v2.25_release_004.jpg

Download (1.3 GB)

Armaholic (thx Foxhound) - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13355

Arma2Base.de (thx Miller) - http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=3157

Primary mirror:

ModDB - http://www.moddb.com/mods/csla/downloads/sla-for-arma2combined-operations-ver-225

Optional mirrors:

Megaupload - https://mega.co.nz/#!JNRjkaBA!ZxCjvQBK7NTBN2Zaqcu77xde5s9Hqgttua7tWN7MN2c

Google Drive - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0ZKyCUTt3QZV3RRZHRqc0o1NXc/edit

Uloz.to - http://uloz.to/xnu9wrXu/csla-a2co-ver225-setup-exe

Webshare.cz - https://webshare.cz/#/file/5hP1fC44x5/csla-a2co-ver225-setup-exe

Alterfile - http://2rhz8q.1fichier.com/

Campaign fix 2.26.1 (260 MB)

Primary mirror:

ModDB - http://www.moddb.com/mods/csla/downloads/sla-sp-campaign-89-fix-ver-2261

Armaholic (thx Foxhound) - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27278

Edited by EMSI

Downloading ASAP - now my weekend is complete! :cool:

Wow 60 mission campaign. Thanks guys I was waiting for some time to put my hands on it.

Thanks for your hard work and effort.

CSLA is great!!!!!

Congrats on the release. I was waiting so long for this version with campaign. Awesome mod.

Ps: i dont need Arma 3 :p now, when i have CSLA (with 60missions campaign+MP/SP missions) and Cwr2 with few campaigns and probably ~200 SP/MP missions on hdd.

Been looking forward to this, thanks for great work from you and your team :pistols:

Awesome mod, well done. Can you tell me how to MoveInDriver for the Sub? It does not seem to work nor can I get a addaction for it only Commander and Gunner.

Does the Sub dive? I can't see where you can select that?

Awesome mod, well done. Can you tell me how to MoveInDriver for the Sub? It does not seem to work nor can I get a addaction for it only Commander and Gunner.

Does the Sub dive? I can't see where you can select that?

As Arma 2 engine doesn't support submarine class, we disabled these features.

You will be able to "ride" (and fire the rockets) the submarine only with default crew defined in config.

The same situation is with the diving. For the purposes of campaign it's enough to have it as a boat and in some upcoming patch we will probably add there a feature fo diving (or we will move Dnepr to the A3 directly ;) )

That's outstanding! Congratulations :)

Edit:

ok, damned question but, have you any project of upgrading this to A3?

Edited by MistyRonin
Edit

Downloading ASAP - now my weekend is complete! :cool:

Mine too!

Has to be one of the best mods out there.

SP missions and campaign is crisp, clean and clear.

Excellent work as usual. I like the submarine really beautifull work thank :)

Any coop this week end to celebrate the event ?

Cheers to your CSLA Team!

Many thanks for the hard work.

That's outstanding! Congratulations :)

Edit:

ok, damned question but, have you any project of upgrading this to A3?

Thanks.

And, yes ... CSLA will be also in A3 (but probably using only the engine) - new series of revealed APCs M113 and LAV were not released yet. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

Excellent work as usual. I like the submarine really beautifull work thank :)

Any coop this week end to celebrate the event ?

Occasionaly we are organizing a small CSLA MP events, but there are 100% czech/slovak players.

Therefore, every event is promoted on our Facebook.

But we don't have any problem to play with others ... everything is on agreement about the date/time ;)

Thank you very much for informing us of the release and congrats with this new release.

Also sorry for the slow update but my current physicall bad shape does not allow me to be speedy for some time...........yep,at the most worse and busy moment.

Anyway, release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==============================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (EMSI) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Edited by Guest

By the way, whats the "Digital" MiG-29 you mentioned in the first post..? Are you reffering to the Mig in Digital Camo I once saw on a screenshot? Cause I cant find that ingame...

Good content, CSLA Team! But the campaign is not up to par.

- extreme lack of logic in missions / military actions

- lots of broken english (you should've had a native speaker to proof-read all the stuff) or cut down the amount of text/explanations if you can't handle it properly

- dragged / boring cutscenes

- non-existent characters, their stories and relationships

I thought '89 wasn't going to be a showcase of new content. More like a proper story with interesting missions and situations to get into. I was wrong. The advertising must've affected my expectations. :D

The number of missions isn't indicative of overall quality at all (too bad). As free content, this is still good though.

Keep it up and good luck.

Thanks.

And, yes ... CSLA will be also in A3 (but probably using only the engine) - new series of revealed APCs M113 and LAV were not released yet. ;)

That's great news, I'm right now addicted to the campaign. Really good one ( maybe a few dubbed voices could have made it perfect though ).

NOTE: Well yeah, a few orthographical revisions of some texts would be needed.

By the way, whats the "Digital" MiG-29 you mentioned in the first post..? Are you reffering to the Mig in Digital Camo I once saw on a screenshot? Cause I cant find that ingame...
You can find it under the BLUFOR -> OSSR -> Air -> MiG-29 9-13 (6xR-73)

EDIT: And yes, we know that the AS version (Slovak NATO upgrade) has some missing details in comparison to A verison.

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

NOTE: Well yeah, a few orthographical revisions of some texts would be needed.
We know about this and we are opened to any help from English-native speakers ... any volunteer can help us. ;) Edited by EMSI

Your MOD with it's SP missions and Campaign is with Auto install.exe

This is great but I was wondering if the Auto Install will recognize the I've got my Campaigns folder in EXTENSIONS folder and not the main directory

along with the other folders like MISSIONS and MP MISSIONS.

I've searched all over for the Campaign of yours and cannot find it, although I do have the SP missions installed correctly for CSLA.

Could you upload the Campaign separately? Otherwise, I've got to move the Campaigns folder out of EXTENSIONS back to Main Directory and

re-install your MOD again.

Cheers.

This is great but I was wondering if the Auto Install will recognize the I've got my Campaigns folder in EXTENSIONS folder and not the main directory

I've searched all over for the Campaign of yours and cannot find it, although I do have the SP missions installed correctly for CSLA.

Could you upload the Campaign separately? Otherwise, I've got to move the Campaigns folder out of EXTENSIONS back to Main Directory and

Cheers.

The "Auto Install Exe" is just a fancy .rar Archive. Just let it install everything into a folder on your Desktop, and then you can manually copy all the folders to their designated places.

Cheers.

Installer which we are using is safe and clear manually configured "unpacker" by NullSoft.

You may see everything what is extracted during the unpacking phase.

Our Mod is configured to be installed safely to the main Arma 2 folder as this folder is used for all other Mods by default.

If you don't want to use the automatic installation (copying) from any cases, just order to installation program to unpack all do files to the Desktop for example.

Then move all unpacked files manually, but keep the folder structure.

You don't need any Campaign folder for our campaign. It's packed as a standard addon - it's included in the addons directory.

The same applies for the SP missions.

Edited by EMSI

Quick question... is it safe to install over older version of CSLA or delete older version? I used Six Updater for the older CSLA version.