rip31st

31st Normandy Mod: World War II for ArmA3

Excited to see stuff on the english side of the channel :-)

It's a lot different. All the weapons, infantry, vehicles, scripting, and of course the map. We're not competing with anyone, nor is it a race to release first. It's ready when it's ready. There's always going to be folks that favor one over the other, or people that appreciate both. The amount of downloads and feedback has been extremely satisfying in the past. We appreciate and respect other modders work. The modders within this community know these big projects take a lot of work. All of which comes for the price of free. That said, this time around were shooting for a higher quality, more polished release we can build on in the future.

Competition can lead to both mods becoming better and since they are similar maybe we could see them being compatible?

Competition can lead to both mods becoming better and since they are similar maybe we could see them being compatible?

Competition can, yes. But we're not competing. We're in it to create quality and offer a large theater. I don't know about compatibility since mods most likely contain scripting and animations separate of BIS.

map looks huge, I love the fact its the English channel (I think?)

map looks huge, I love the fact its the English channel (I think?)

Read post #5

I think this map is going to be awesome once its finish :cool:

Just wrapping up masking the towns, cities, and places on the map and there's roughly 300.

Just wrapping up masking the towns, cities, and places on the map and there's roughly 300.

Uhm, that sounds awesome, but I'm a bit worried about the performance. Any hints on that?

have you got the terrain in game at all yet if so any screenshots

The performance is great. Screenshots will come once the map is in game.

My support is with this one. I hope at some point I will be able to provide actual help :)

Anything WW2 is alright by me. I visit this thread several times a day. Hell, it almost makes me want to re-install World at War just for some good ol' fashioned M1 carbine goodness.

My support is with this one. I hope at some point I will be able to provide actual help :)

New BIS tools? Or maybe a Kinect for PC plugin to O2 :)

More WIP:

I know it doesn't mean much to the average Joe, but layering and masking the map is complete. Each layer roughly 16 gigs each in materials x's 7. Took my PC several weeks to accurately depict earth as it is in 1/2 scale. Were talking hours and hours of high CPU/memory use. Oh yeah, Visitor3 does not like more than 4 materials masked in one segment. There are 1,764 segments that were checked to get it right.

n2mask2_zpsf120fb34.jpg

There will be 280 Cities, towns, & places on this map.

Edited by Rip31st
  • Like 1

dgiuhgdriugrhdigurdhu!!!! now this makes altis look tiny....

well done chap

it looks like LONDON is on this map... how big is it :)

Looks Great so far!

How many RAF Stations will there be located in England?

Oooo look into greenham common airbase!! Famous for the ww2 as the Americans took off from there on d-day!! I live next to that ;)

Oooo look into greenham common airbase!! Famous for the ww2 as the Americans took off from there on d-day!! I live next to that ;)

Yes, it's on the map. I'll post a list of stations, AF's, and Aerodromes soon.

Wow, I'm so excited for this mod. Reminds me when I fought on the beaches of Normandy .

60 day update. Currently configuring the map and installing land marks we have completed. The map is always the biggest time consumer. But once its ready it will be well worth it.

hahaha quality!! i will see if i can spot my house :P

brilliant absolutely brilliant

normally dyslexci says "see you on altis" but.... the siiize of this map.. you aint gonna see me on this map buddy ;)