Sign in to follow this  
nicklomas

Greek Island Vacation Simulator 2013 - Story sharing

I heard this is the new name for the game, I for one think it's excellent. I showed my friend who has a villa in Kos and she spent several hours walking around the Island and saw a rabbit and swam in the sea. She said that it's more fun and lots cheaper than paying a mortgage for a villa and also the flights costs.

I think the graphics in the game are outstanding and had particular fun driving the car around the entire island, tomorrow i will try the other car or walk.

What are your stories from playing the game?

Edited by NickLomas
spelling

(I heard you were displeased in the environment and as such baiting here now with this thread. Well done.)

~I take that back it wasn't you who started that but you commented on their island sim slant as funny, thus I guess your thread may be harmless but alas not sure in good taste.

Edited by Thr0tt
Error in identity

Even if i am a little upset whit this game, trolling in their forums it's not a good way to change things...

Perhaps the other moderators will disagree, but I personally think a little humor can't hurt. ;)

Unless someone else says otherwise (i.e. locks it), please use this thread to report gameplay experiences, not to accuse the thread author of trolling.

Hehe yeah I did that lots of times in dev,driving around as a civie,take a swim,go off-road with the suv,visit towns,made my own truck company or scuba diving by taking civs on my boat.:D

Although is a bit weird with the damage on civ cars,like every pickup has the exact same broken light and dented door,the same with the hatchback.

Oh and I doubt Nick is trolling,he basically describes another aspect of the game and that is the civ side of things just like things were in A2CO.

UPDATE: I played the multiplayer game...........................................people were shooting at me and ruined my holiday :(.

Multiplayer runs smooth though, and runs better than on any previous game.

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

Not my story, but this guy had a worse day than you did:

http://i.imgur.com/uQa94eU.jpg (176 kB)

I still feel confident the plane bounced clear and then exploded!

Well, I for one have a good deal of fun using ArmA III in this way. It would be a shame not to admire the detail put into the terrain or treat it just like a battlefield.

Lots of fun with the Splendid Camera tool, trying to get macro-shots of bees, butterflies and snakes or just making some postcard-like vista shots on Altis. Tried myself in photographing the architecture too.

Don't have a Boeing 747, but am using the Wings Of Peace addon-pack for some months now. The airfields just don't look right without any planes, so there's always some on the runway when I'm driving by. The old Sigma-6 freight ships are also a good addition. There's always some on the horizon.

Well, after this last years of hardwork I decided to chill out in a helicopter ride in Altis. Shame that I discover just after leaving the airport that even in such a paradise there are poor neighborhoods, with people that live between cargo boxes in Katalaki, really sad. ( by the way does this village has anything to do with Catalonia? XD ).

Well, I for one have a good deal of fun using ArmA III in this way. It would be a shame not to admire the detail put into the terrain or treat it just like a battlefield.

Lots of fun with the Splendid Camera tool, trying to get macro-shots of bees, butterflies and snakes or just making some postcard-like vista shots on Altis. Tried myself in photographing the architecture too.

Don't have a Boeing 747, but am using the Wings Of Peace addon-pack for some months now. The airfields just don't look right without any planes, so there's always some on the runway when I'm driving by. The old Sigma-6 freight ships are also a good addition. There's always some on the horizon.

Good for you son, good for you!

I showed my friend who has a villa in Kos and she spent several hours walking around the Island and saw a rabbit [...]

You cannot trick me ;) Your posting, sir, is veeery evil. But however, after I read "saw a rabbit" I LAUGHED LIKE CRAZY - YMMD -BEST THEARD EVAR

Reminds me of a thread in Steam forum about Carrier Command, where someone tells stories about the CC vehicle ai.

Edited by tortuosit

LOL. This is the second thread by NickLomas in the past 24 hours that's had me laughing out loud like a maniac. The first one was his breakdown of the indigenous life of Altis (a rabbit), but this one...oh man. "I think I'll try the other car tomorrow". It's so sublimely passive aggressive! :D

Good for you son, good for you!

It sure is good. I have a stressful job and no chance to rest after hours with my two kids keeping me constantly occupied (and yelling, squeeking and shouting). Once everyone at home is asleep already I can put my headphones, head to Altis, sit on a top of the dome and contemplate the sounds of nature. This whole military side of the game just makes too much noise. And hell, even the civilian cars are loud.. 2035 and no electric cars?

:P

LOL. This is the second thread by NickLomas in the past 24 hours that's had me laughing out loud like a maniac. The first one was his breakdown of the indigenous life of Altis (a rabbit)

Rabbits, rabbits, rabbits. So this is not fair. The importance of snakes should not be underestimated.

I'd share my story, but I walked into one of the many biohazard quarantine domes on the island. Nobody will let me leave now, and nobody will answer my questions. Luckily though, they haven't found my cell phone ye-

Some vacation simulator; there's no hot bikini babes to play with! Any chicks at all? I'll take a babushka at this point! :D

Due to a lack of chicks (or 'birds', for Britons), make sure to bring arthritis medicine and plenty of boxes of tissues!

Edited by Laqueesha

I have been in Altis for 2 days now. I have visited many places, but this was probably my favorite. Everything is so artistic, even the taxiways. Not sure why the centerline is so straight when the whole taxiway is not.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/581251986247065624/668285E4C3BCB057F1840ED56CA39211DCC9A924/1024x576.resizedimage

The travel agency promised we're going to get some tours around the island next month, but right now all I have is my own creativity. Unfortunately right now I'm stuck because it seems there are no civilian airplanes I can use to get out of here. What makes it even worse is that there are no women...

I must say it's been awhile since I've came to Altis.The locals are very friendly and the beaches are wonderful.I'm a bit surprised though,altiasians are very brand-loyal regarding their cars with very low space for other brands.

Still I must say I'm feeling a bit uneasy,there's quite a lot of snakes around and the locals don't seem bothered.I feel there's something sinister with this island and it may sound silly but I feel spied on by these snakes,it seems everywhere I go one of them is watching me.Also a night ago I was having fun at the local pub and I asked the barkeep about the local beauties,to my shock suddenly everyone went dead silent and started to look angrily at me.

The barkeep advised me not to ask questions if I'm not prepared for answers.Anyway I'm off,it seems Kavala is holding some festival on the beach tomorrow night and I was invited,something about deep ones legends and folklore stuff.

Also a night ago I was having fun at the local pub and I asked the barkeep about the local beauties,to my shock suddenly everyone went dead silent and started to look angrily at me.

The barkeep advised me not to ask questions if I'm not prepared for answers.

If I could high-five you through the internet, I would.

I must say it's been awhile since I've came to Altis.The locals are very friendly and the beaches are wonderful.I'm a bit surprised though,altiasians are very brand-loyal regarding their cars with very low space for other brands.

Still I must say I'm feeling a bit uneasy,there's quite a lot of snakes around and the locals don't seem bothered.I feel there's something sinister with this island and it may sound silly but I feel spied on by these snakes,it seems everywhere I go one of them is watching me.Also a night ago I was having fun at the local pub and I asked the barkeep about the local beauties,to my shock suddenly everyone went dead silent and started to look angrily at me.

The barkeep advised me not to ask questions if I'm not prepared for answers.Anyway I'm off,it seems Kavala is holding some festival on the beach tomorrow night and I was invited,something about deep ones legends and folklore stuff.

Very Lovecraftian!! Well done!:)

When I get up on Altis this morning I feel okay, a bit stiff from having slept on the ground but a little walk has mend the thing.

What I miss the most is the old bicycle I got when I was traveling in Takistan and what is too bad, I forgot my fishing outfit somewhere.

It seems nobody has left beans, pasta and coca cans in barns so I am wondering how long I can stay here.

My main problem is that I feel at home here, wondering if I can have a look at St Tropez after climbing on the highest hill, but as always here there is mist over the sea.

I was having fun at the local pub and I asked the barkeep about the local beauties, to my shock suddenly everyone went dead silent and started to look angrily at me.

We shan't talk about those things here, my child. :eek: