Sign in to follow this  
dpatt712

Disable Autorudder?

I noticed that when I turn, the game automatically turns my rudder, this throws me off when lining up a target in the buzzard, will there be a way to disable on release?

You can even disable it now! What you have to do is set mouse left and mouse right to bank left and bank right respectively, and you set x and c to left pedal and right pedal respectively.

Make sure you don't have right and left turn set to anything. That's the issue there.

Also I recommend you use A and D instead of X and C for the pedals. Makes it feel a lot sexier

No. Just make sure nothing is assigned to Left Turn and Right Turn. That is whats making you yaw and pitch at the same time.

No. Just make sure nothing is assigned to Left Turn and Right Turn. That is whats making you yaw and pitch at the same time.

I don't think you know what he's on about. In arma, the rudder has a mind of it's own. Sure you can bind keys to it and use it, but if you do a turn, then take all hands off the controls, the rudder will just flap about, trying to point you forwards again.

It's annoying as hell and cannot be disabled.

I don't think you know what he's on about. In arma, the rudder has a mind of it's own. Sure you can bind keys to it and use it, but if you do a turn, then take all hands off the controls, the rudder will just flap about, trying to point you forwards again.

It's annoying as hell and cannot be disabled.

well no shit... that's basic physics...

Dezkits first post is correct. Unbind the left/right turn kys and bind to the left/right bank keys.

No. Using a joystick makes no difference. You still need to change the bindings to remove auto-rudder.

well no shit... that's basic physics...

Sorry but a rudder on a plane does not move about as it pleases, you obviously don't have any knowledge of aircraft or never played any flight sims. A rudder is designed to change yaw to continue a straight flight path in cross winds, can be used to correct yaw if a engine goes down on a multi engine aircraft etc. It's also needed for things like knife edge flight in fighter or aerobatic aircraft etc.

BTW, having nothing assigned to turn left and right will still make the rudder flop around at times.

Edited by AUS_Twisted

Arma has a really retarded always on autopilot system where it tries to automatically coordinate turns for you among other weird and frustrating behavior. It's been in the game since opflash and can't be disabled. If you fly in third person with your hands off the controls you can frequently see all the control surfaces wobbling around like crazy. Or you can just watch the joystick jiggle around in your hands.

While I'm complaining about things, the amount of time I'm flying with the flight path marker above the gun cross is pretty messed up, too. Planes have a crazy amount of lift in the Arma series.

P.S. The Buzzard sounds pretty awesome.

Edited by roshnak