The bug only appears when aiming deadzone > 0 and TrackIR is up and running.

Ah, thanks.

Does the mod make freelook with (with TrackIR) more fluid? I have that impression, but I am not really sure whether this is just a placebo effect.

Would be nice if one could assign a toggle/hold key to (de)activate aiming deadzone.

A dynamic aiming zone based on movement and stance would be perfect. Prone would have the largest, crouch and standing still would be larger as well, but if you are walking forward the aiming zone shrinks so it's easier to turn and combat pace would have a much smaller aiming zone so you can turn quickly for CQB and such.

I have been thinking about this.

Mouse smoothing with this fix does not feel that bad anymore.

If there was a way to dynamically add mouse smoothing you could simulate weapon weight and player stance.

But there does not exists such a feature in my knowledge so maybe i will add a ticket if i have time.

---------- Post added at 07:37 ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 ----------

added new version, was still testing but what i have said about the mouse smoothing only works in 0.4

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

At the moment when you move your reticule, first your reticule moves and, when crossing the threshold of the aiming box, the reticule halts and the background starts moving; would it be possible to have a margin where both reticule and background move to make the transition smoother?

ThjHvMN.png

Edited by NoPOW

At the moment when you move your reticule, first your reticule moves and, when crossing the threshold of the aiming box, the reticule halts and the background starts moving; would it be possible to have a margin where both reticule and background move to make the transition smoother?

http://i.imgur.com/ThjHvMN.png

your sharp. Its basically the trick why it works at all.

But to answer your question: im afraid not.

This is just something i was messing about with. Anything lower level is probably out of the question seeing all this is handled by the .exe itself.

Edited by defk0n_NL

your sharp. Its basically the trick why it works at all.

But to answer your question: im afraid not.

This is just something i was messing about with. Anything lower level is probably out of the question seeing all this is handled by the .exe itself.

Jammer...

What annoys me most about the current (BIS) implementation, is that if you move your mouse say to the right, beyond the threshold, the background moves, but the moment you move your mouse one pixel to the left the reticule starts moving... It just feels wonky.

EDIT: And the selection reticule not following the iron sight/reticule... Ordering your teammates to move to a specific point becomes really tedious if you have to swing your gun beyond the thresholds to point the correct location.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11995

Edited by NoPOW

So.. this mod make i can't use alt key so can't looke around with only moving my neck?

So.. this mod make i can't use alt key so can't looke around with only moving my neck?

You can still move your head around independently from your body. Like you said with alt key.

For anyone still interested in this. heres how to fix Aiming Deadzone without Mods or Control setting hacks.

Change your fovLeft and fovTop to the same value.

Guess the reason why aiming deadzone feels so broken is because it seems to take your aspect ratio into account.

so if your running 16:9 fov it will take twice as many input horizontally as it does vertically. 

if you change FovLeft FovRight to the same value aiming deadzone will work.

bad part is that you should pick a 4:3 resolution. 1240x1024, 1600x1200, etc.

16:9 looks pretty bad. although not unplayable.

For anyone still interested in this. heres how to fix Aiming Deadzone without Mods or Control setting hacks.

Change your fovLeft and fovTop to the same value.

Guess the reason why aiming deadzone feels so broken is because it seems to take your aspect ratio into account.

so if your running 16:9 fov it will take twice as many input horizontally as it does vertically. 

if you change FovLeft FovRight to the same value aiming deadzone will work.

bad part is that you should pick a 4:3 resolution. 1240x1024, 1600x1200, etc.

16:9 looks pretty bad. although not unplayable.

Wow, you're still alive? :P

I checked your mod out a year ago but I can't remember what it does, i need to read up...

Wow, you're still alive? :P

I checked your mod out a year ago but I can't remember what it does, i need to read up...

yea im alive lol, the mod is hella old so it probably dont even work anymore.

if your looking to fix aiming deadzone just do the fov thing imo

I'm probably among the very few who prefers a bit of deadzone in sim-esque titles like Arma (albeit placed on minimum value), Insurgency does this by default. Along with LAxemann's subtle sway mod, deadzone has a nice effect.

• Like 1

@defk0n_NL

Hey, this is a great mod. Fixes a very important issue.
Thanks a lot. You are awesome! :D

Could you upload this to steam?
Could I upload this to steam?

wait, this mod fixes the aiming deadzone? that function in Arma 3 named "FreeAim/DeadZone Aiming" i remeber the issue that haven't been fixed year or more ago, when you zoom while aiming at the border of deadzone your aim is going to centralize