franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

I wanted to add that 1.63 seems to make some units more aggressive and willing to use their weapons against aircraft, which ups the difficulty a bit. The BMPs for example will use their 30mm guns against aircraft now (in the past they wouldn't).

Ya' don't say!

boomy1.jpg

LOL..

BeachAV8R

Amazing mod, best I have tried for arma 2/3 yet. Really nice to have something to fly around in while not in the mood for black shark :)

Some questions:

I am currently trying to see what the limitations are as to fly this as pilot only. Currently I have got to lock on just fine with missiles using radar and attack with the gun in both HMD mode and locked on modes. Where I am stuck at the moment is how to use the laser designator as the pilot to target a point that I lase with the laser. I can turn on the laser but not get it to create a designator target that I later can lock on to using te Remote option. Any guide on how to do this?

Also when I go into the PNVS I just can not seem to be able to look around, what am I missing? I can look around fine with the HMD in feelook mode outside the zoomed in pnvs view but in there all is still....

AAR from Mission - 04 - Tin Can

Beware! Spoilers..!

BeachAV8R

Nice work, really enjoying these AARs. Gives me something to read at work!

Amazing mod, best I have tried for arma 2/3 yet. Really nice to have something to fly around in while not in the mood for black shark :)

Some questions:

I am currently trying to see what the limitations are as to fly this as pilot only. Currently I have got to lock on just fine with missiles using radar and attack with the gun in both HMD mode and locked on modes. Where I am stuck at the moment is how to use the laser designator as the pilot to target a point that I lase with the laser. I can turn on the laser but not get it to create a designator target that I later can lock on to using te Remote option. Any guide on how to do this?

Also when I go into the PNVS I just can not seem to be able to look around, what am I missing? I can look around fine with the HMD in feelook mode outside the zoomed in pnvs view but in there all is still....

The laser designator for the pilot has to be used in HMD mode, but unlike the CPG's LDRF, the pilot's is linked to the gun aiming direction and it has to be selected like a weapon and 'fired' like a weapon. The IHADSS will display "LDRF" when it is selected and "ON" when actively designating, "OFF" when it's not. There's also no need to use the 'remote' option with missiles this way as it's still using self guidance.

Currently PNVS is only linked to the view keys/numpad arrow keys and any head tracking devices, if enabled. To combine the PNVS with head tracking hardware, use the 'Head tracking On' function in the action menu.

How do I manually adjust the gun range again? I think I did it in the tutorial mission..but now I've forgotten.. <g>\

Nevermind! Just found the "Toggle Gun Control" from the CP/G when the WPN page is active. All is fine.. <g>

BeachAV8R

Edited by BeachAV8R

I can't take any credit for the missions, those were all Franze and some friends.

I can't take any credit for the missions, those were all Franze and some friends.

I owe you and them some drinks! Fun stuff..

BeachAV8R

Hey guys, any chance to get AllinArma or A3MP maps/FATA/Clafghan/Sangin on the right MFD (TSD) for the next update ? It would be better for waypoints setup and situational awareness.

Hey guys, any chance to get AllinArma or A3MP maps/FATA/Clafghan/Sangin on the right MFD (TSD) for the next update ? It would be better for waypoints setup and situational awareness.

You can already do this yourself; you only need to make the image and store the image file in the mission directory or an addon PBO. The image has to be ^2 but that's the only limitation. You can get the TSD to use the map with these lines:

fza_ah64_mapsizearea = 5120; //size of map in meters
fza_ah64_maplist = ["\fza_ah64_US\tex\mpd\notfound_2.paa"]; //path to map image, can be multiple maps

AAR from Mission 07 - Hollow Anvil (Spoilers within!)

Another awesome mission Franze and company..! Really nice pacing and unique circumstances.. Bravo..

BeachAV8R

Really enjoying your AARs, gives me a much better idea of a players perspective. :)

Edited by Franze

AAR from Mission 10 - Amber Sword..the campaign finale..(spoilers within!)..

Thank you Nodunit & Franze (& company) for an incredible add-on.. If you read my comments at the end of that last AAR you'll see I'm a huge fan of your work. You guys are awesome..!

Chris "BeachAV8R" Frishmuth

Fantastic set of AARs, Beach! Thanks for taking the time to play with our addon & campaign! :)

You can already do this yourself; you only need to make the image and store the image file in the mission directory or an addon PBO. The image has to be ^2 but that's the only limitation. You can get the TSD to use the map with these lines:

fza_ah64_mapsizearea = 5120; //size of map in meters
fza_ah64_maplist = ["\fza_ah64_US\tex\mpd\notfound_2.paa"]; //path to map image, can be multiple maps

Thank you very much mate !

Congratulations on your victory, it was quite fun to read especially with your strat to use the allied AAA. Makes me feel a bit guilty for getting stuck and not pushing through hard enough.

Glad to see that you enjoyed the whole pack and we hope to see you in A3 :) speaking of which..

Folks, do you want to see the apache in Arma 3 in the same state it is in Arma 2 with no glitches to its features? So do we!

But we've hit a snag and its the same bug bear that has haunted us from the beginning of Arma 3 in multiplayer, if you are a coder, scripter, configurator, or a wizard, then you may be just what we need.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184291-Animate-command-causing-MP-lag&p=2793926#post2793926

Edited by NodUnit

For some reason on some occasions my laser guided Hellfires repeatedly land a few meters short of the vehicle I am tracking with the laser. Is this a bug or have I forgotten to do something? This seems to happen in all Hellfire modes.

Hello Franze and Nodunit. First of all i want to say congratulations for this awesome mod. Incredibly detailed and beautiful, with lot of work behind. With no doubt the best helicopter mod i've ever seen i armed assault.

But there are two issues in the arma 3 port i would love to see fixed, because they are making difficult to our team the fact of making this helos the default attack heli.

The first one is his insane sensitivity. Both cyclic and rotor pedals are insanely sensitive. Way to much reaction in this movements. I don't know what you devs think about that.

And secondly, the fact that it is sometimes impossible to stop the heli when landed. Even if you do the smoothest and the most vertical land, when he touches ground, even total flat and horizontal ground, acts like if it were ice on the ground, with the consecuent unability of stopping it.

I didn't tested the arma 2 version, so i don't know if this issues are because of the arma 3 port. I would love to read what you Franz and Nodunit think about this. So i am waiting for your answer. Thanks in advance.

For some reason on some occasions my laser guided Hellfires repeatedly land a few meters short of the vehicle I am tracking with the laser. Is this a bug or have I forgotten to do something? This seems to happen in all Hellfire modes.

What is the distance to the target you are lasing?

Hello Franze and Nodunit. First of all i want to say congratulations for this awesome mod. Incredibly detailed and beautiful, with lot of work behind. With no doubt the best helicopter mod i've ever seen i armed assault.

But there are two issues in the arma 3 port i would love to see fixed, because they are making difficult to our team the fact of making this helos the default attack heli.

The first one is his insane sensitivity. Both cyclic and rotor pedals are insanely sensitive. Way to much reaction in this movements. I don't know what you devs think about that.

And secondly, the fact that it is sometimes impossible to stop the heli when landed. Even if you do the smoothest and the most vertical land, when he touches ground, even total flat and horizontal ground, acts like if it were ice on the ground, with the consecuent unability of stopping it.

I didn't tested the arma 2 version, so i don't know if this issues are because of the arma 3 port. I would love to read what you Franz and Nodunit think about this. So i am waiting for your answer. Thanks in advance.

These issues have been fixed with the introduction of rotorlib, the sensitivity was insane due to the COG being way off and friction values caused the sliding, the aircraft is also less likely to list now.

We're just about ready to release an early-ish public candidate for Arma 3 but we still have the problem of MP clientside 'lag' which causes the cpg to not aim very well, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184291-Animate-command-causing-MP-lag&p=2793926#post2793926 but I am not privy enough on the workings to continue it so I have to wait until Franze replies.

Edited by NodUnit

ArmA3 remains unsupported at this time. The previous ArmA3 controls file is problematic and a new one is in the works, but it will require the development build of ArmA3 to function.

Congratulations on your victory, it was quite fun to read especially with your strat to use the allied AAA. Makes me feel a bit guilty for getting stuck and not pushing through hard enough.

Glad to see that you enjoyed the whole pack and we hope to see you in A3 :) speaking of which..

Folks, do you want to see the apache in Arma 3 in the same state it is in Arma 2 with no glitches to its features? So do we!

But we've hit a snag and its the same bug bear that has haunted us from the beginning of Arma 3 in multiplayer, if you are a coder, scripter, configurator, or a wizard, then you may be just what we need.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184291-Animate-command-causing-MP-lag&p=2793926#post2793926

I'm already excited to know you guys are working on this problem! Can't wait to use it on ARMA3!

Unfortunate enough, I'm not a scripter, theres little help I can do if not none. I believe in you Franze! :D

What is the distance to the target you are lasing?

These issues have been fixed with the introduction of rotorlib, the sensitivity was insane due to the COG being way off and friction values caused the sliding, the aircraft is also less likely to list now.

We're just about ready to release an early-ish public candidate for Arma 3 but we still have the problem of MP clientside 'lag' which causes the cpg to not aim very well, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184291-Animate-command-causing-MP-lag&p=2793926#post2793926 but I am not privy enough on the workings to continue it so I have to wait until Franze replies.

ArmA3 remains unsupported at this time. The previous ArmA3 controls file is problematic and a new one is in the works, but it will require the development build of ArmA3 to function.

Nice, thank you for that super-fast response. Glad to see you are still interested in fixing this in A3 after, what? a decade? :eek: You guys are the reference on what a modder should be! 10 years later and you are still here. Hope Bohemia fix the game asap and you guys can continue your awesome work. Good luck!

Edited by fons

Hi guys, maybe this is a double post :)..but which custom key i have to set to interact with the cockpit? Do I need also to set other custom key?

Thanks in advance