major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

2 hours ago, major_shepard said:

Check out the Settings button, ensure time outs are set to 300 s.

You may also try ArmA3Sync 1.6 Beta which is more robust against connection loses. ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync-1-6-88.zip

I could not connect to this. I asked a few other friends in different locations if they could and they weren't able to access it either; it gets into an loop and then times out.

2 hours ago, zriel said:

Yay! fixed perfectly.

Question, will this change be integrated in the stable version "soon"?

Stable release should be out at the end of this month.

There is something particular to do to launch with the arma3server_x64.exe ? The server won't launch at all with the new exe...If i select the arma3server.exe, no problem...

Try double click on the x64 exe, what happens?

Try from a3s with no mods/no fancy parameters.

Yeah I don't know why, but myself and a few others can't seem to connect to the 1.6 Beta either. Am I doing something wrong? I click on the link and it brings it up in a new tab but then gets stuck in a loop. Should I be doing it some other way?

Server side issue. You can try pasting the repository url on a web browser and see what happens.

Is there any chance of this software supporting the torrent peer to peer protocol? This would get us away from hosting an FTP server and would allow updates to be distributed and shared between members. Something along the lines of BitTorrent Sync. I am willing to help out if need be.

14 hours ago, major_shepard said:

Server side issue. You can try pasting the repository url on a web browser and see what happens.

I tried that and it looped and then timed out.

On 3/17/2017 at 5:45 PM, norx_aengell said:

There is something particular to do to launch with the arma3server_x64.exe ? The server won't launch at all with the new exe...If i select the arma3server.exe, no problem...

From Dwarden:

64-bit server (arma3_x64.exe) fast-FAQ to ensure it works:

- create new / update firewall rules (new binary/path)

- copy beserver.cfg into beserver_x64.cfg in \BattlEye\ folder (within server profile path)

- if you use callExtension then you need 64-bit compatible variant, otherwise use only 32-bit binary (arma3.exe)

- note that you might need 64-bit 2013 VC++ redist (similar like 32-bit one for arma3.exe) https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/download/details.aspx?id=40784

On 17/3/2017 at 11:14 AM, major_shepard said:

Stable release should be out at the end of this month.

Hi Major.

Sorry, i totally fucked it up.

Yes, the headers are now OK, but you miss the "Basic" from then authorization header, thus giving an auth error now.

I thought it was OK but I didn't realize I had auth disabled for the test.

A bad request im the latest beta

rDJ73EL.png

A good one (old one)

eLYp4Qg.png

Notice the Basic info

22 hours ago, wabbitseason said:

I tried that and it looped and then timed out.

Sever side issue.

On 18/03/2017 at 6:09 PM, A.Walker said:

Is there any chance of this software supporting the torrent peer to peer protocol? This would get us away from hosting an FTP server and would allow updates to be distributed and shared between members. Something along the lines of BitTorrent Sync. I am willing to help out if need be.

Currently you can use ArmA3Sync with Google Drive witch use HTTP hosting along with partial file transfer support (for ArmA3Sync zsync/http protocol).

I you want to add the access of any P2P remote service into ArmA3Sync, feel free to do it, here are the sources svn://www.sonsofexiled.fr/repository/ArmA3Sync/releases

Can you add an option for "Enable Large-page support" ? (Its in the default launcher but i can find what the specific parameter line for it is)

On 3/16/2017 at 5:54 PM, doctrench said:

Hi, I was  wondering, how do you launch 64bit arma with battleye? if for the executable I use arma3battleye.exe it launches in 32bit and if i launch using arma3_x64.exe it doesn't enabe battleye, thanks

the arma3battleye.exe automatically selects the arma3 executable appropriate for your system. to control it manually you can add the following params

2 1 0 -exe arma3.exe

or

2 1 0 -exe arma3_x64.exe

Was there an update today to Update 7 because I can't use the program now. It says that I don't have administrative privileges even though I am an admin. When I try to delete it, it says access denied. 

Hi major shepard,

I have a question about the option add compressed zip.

I have the whole repo uncompressed as this was the way in the beginning.

Later you added the option too the menu to zip or compress the file

My question is If I would put the option too compressed to yes is this gonna give problems to the excising file system  or does it get removed and than replaced by zip  ?

What for the end user  ?

With regards,

KillerBee

On 3/21/2017 at 5:33 AM, naizarak said:

the arma3battleye.exe automatically selects the arma3 executable appropriate for your system. to control it manually you can add the following params

2 1 0 -exe arma3.exe

or

2 1 0 -exe arma3_x64.exe

Thanks, that fixed it

On 24/03/2017 at 9:37 AM, [lol]clan killer bee said:

Hi major shepard,

I have a question about the option add compressed zip.

I have the whole repo uncompressed as this was the way in the beginning.

Later you added the option too the menu to zip or compress the file

My question is If I would put the option too compressed to yes is this gonna give problems to the excising file system  or does it get removed and than replaced by zip  ?

What for the end user  ?

With regards,

KillerBee

The option add zipped pbo files into the repository, meaning is does not delete the original pbo files. The zipped pbo files are deleted client side one the download finished.

Feature proposition:

When I want to launch A3 and connect to the server with specific mods I have to choose it in "Join with modset" from the pool of repos and current profile directories made in "Addon" tabs.

Hovewer whenever I will change this profile all dirs doesn't exist in another one are removed from "Join with modset" combo.

It would be good if combo would list addon dirs from all of profiles, even not currently chosen.

Why:

I have two repos:

core (ACE3, TFAR) and IronFront (some mods from WWII)

My group usually plays on main server with core set.

But to play in WWII scenarios I need core+IronFront.

A can't (or I don't know how) mix both repos in "Join with modset".

Also I play with totally different group, with totally different mod set, on different server. Most convenient way to switch between groups is to change the profile.

But then all "Join with modset" are cleared and I have to set them again and again and again.

----------------------

Also it would be good if in "Join with modset" listed repos and addon dirs would be differ somehow (eg. with other background colour). I mean type, no each name.

It is detail and it can be done with a proper name, but sometimes it can be confused when I will accidentally call repo and addon dir with the same names.

Then I see two the same names in "Join with modset".

----------------------

Does 64-bit version of A3 introduces some additional parameters worth to be mentioned (updated) on Launch tab?

Regards