major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Hey,

I have problems with uploading a repository to my new hosted server. After building the repo the upload starts but stops after some time with a connection error. I did not have any problem like this with two previous server providers using Armasync. So I assume the problem lies probably at the server and not Armasync, but I can't tell. Any hints?

I am using build 1.6.92, Creating a new profile, under Addon Options, i click the blue plus sign to Add a new addon search directory and the program just closes. So I cannot add an alternate search folder outside of the Arma 3 folder. The program has updated twice since i created a new profile, so I assume that this is new with the last update. Any help? Has anyone else seen this or have this same problem?

Out of nowhere i now get this

synch.png

how to fix??

12 hours ago, -=Morpheus=- said:

I am using build 1.6.92, Creating a new profile, under Addon Options, i click the blue plus sign to Add a new addon search directory and the program just closes. So I cannot add an alternate search folder outside of the Arma 3 folder. The program has updated twice since i created a new profile, so I assume that this is new with the last update. Any help? Has anyone else seen this or have this same problem?

Run ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe

Did you update java lately?

3 hours ago, loopdk said:

Out of nowhere i now get this

synch.png

how to fix??

Try remove all addon search directories then re-add

Is the PARA addons group generated from Modsets button?

I did search the thread, and got no results for the word "dropbox"... any chance that the repo could be made to work with Dropbox?

Great program - we have used it for a long time. :)  (Just not the repo)

Hey, over the last few updates all my members have been struggling to maintain more than 1 active connection (sometimes it starts at 10 then starts dropping off but mostly it starts/stays at one) and speeds averaging less than 300kb/s (we used to all get 3mb/s or more), it's not the server itself cause I've tested with multiple file transfer programs and the speeds are fine across the board, even downloading files from the arma3sync repo through a web browser the speeds are fine. Anyone else having these issues or know what I can do about it?

11 minutes ago, SnakeDocc said:

Hey, over the last few updates all my members have been struggling to maintain more than 1 active connection (sometimes it starts at 10 then starts dropping off but mostly it starts/stays at one) and speeds averaging less than 300kb/s (we used to all get 3mb/s or more), it's not the server itself cause I've tested with multiple file transfer programs and the speeds are fine across the board, even downloading files from the arma3sync repo through a web browser the speeds are fine. Anyone else having these issues or know what I can do about it?

Do you manage the files server by your own ?

Looks like the server is rejecting multiple connections for a user => 3 mb/s /10 = 300 kb/s

19 minutes ago, major_shepard said:

Yes It's a web hosting server

hi i am having trouble starting the program on Arch linux. 
I am wondering what port and address you try to do this binding on so i can make sure its free and see if its something on my end. I also reinstalled java to no effect. 

Spoiler

running the sh script. 

ArmA3Sync Installed version = 1.6.92
JRE installed version = 1.8.0_131
OS Name = Linux
DevMode = false
RunMode = false
SafeMode = false
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected IOException while starting JUnique/Server for id "fr.soe.a3s.main.ArmA3Sync"
	at it.sauronsoftware.junique.Server.start(Unknown Source)
	at it.sauronsoftware.junique.JUnique.acquireLock(Unknown Source)
	at fr.soe.a3s.main.ArmA3Sync.start(ArmA3Sync.java:176)
	at fr.soe.a3s.main.ArmA3Sync.runArmA3Sync(ArmA3Sync.java:95)
	at fr.soe.a3s.main.ArmA3Sync.main(ArmA3Sync.java:56)
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address (Bind failed)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.bind(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:387)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:375)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:329)
	... 5 more
Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at it.sauronsoftware.junique.Server.stop(Unknown Source)
	at it.sauronsoftware.junique.JUnique.releaseLock(Unknown Source)
	at it.sauronsoftware.junique.JUnique.access$300(Unknown Source)
	at it.sauronsoftware.junique.JUnique$ShutdownHook.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Switching to Java 7
running sh same results

JRE installed version = 1.7.0_131
OS Name = Linux
DevMode = false
RunMode = false
SafeMode = false
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected IOException while starting JUnique/Server for id "fr.soe.a3s.main.ArmA3Sync"
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address (Bind failed)
	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.bind(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:376)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:376)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:330)
	... 5 more
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

4 hours ago, Zanven said:

hi i am having trouble starting the program on Arch linux. 
I am wondering what port and address you try to do this binding on so i can make sure its free and see if its something on my end. I also reinstalled java to no effect. 

Reveal hidden contents

running the sh script. 

JRE installed version = 1.8.0_131
OS Name = Linux
DevMode = false
RunMode = false
SafeMode = false
	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.bind(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:387)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:375)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:329)
	... 5 more
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Switching to Java 7
running sh same results

JRE installed version = 1.7.0_131
OS Name = Linux
DevMode = false
RunMode = false
SafeMode = false
	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.bind(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:376)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:376)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:330)
	... 5 more
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Localhost port 0

Check also /etc/hosts file

On 11/07/2017 at 8:28 PM, major_shepard said:

Looks like the server is rejecting multiple connections for a user => 3 mb/s /10 = 300 kb/s

Yes, i do manage it myself it's a web hosting server.

Like I said earlier people sometimes start on the 10 connections and then it just starts dropping off down to 1 and the speeds go with it, that or it just starts at 1 connection and doesn't change.

Is there a config or screenshots of settings I can show you to help work out what the problem is as the program has become almost unusable at these speeds and it never used to be like this for us.

So i have been trying set up a Arma 3 Sync with Filezilla, but when someone trys to connect to it, i got a error "550 CWD failed. "/.a3s": Permission denied", I have tried running filezilla as admin and not as admin, i have changed my user permissions but still not working.
https://gyazo.com/a46e37223fe1e1592b9a4c20dfd0d38b

(000004)7/30/2017 14:59:19 PM - (not logged in) (109.203.100.154)> 220-FileZilla Server version 0.9.41 beta
(000004)7/30/2017 14:59:19 PM - (not logged in) (109.203.100.154)> 220-written by Tim Kosse (Tim.Kosse@gmx.de)
(000004)7/30/2017 14:59:19 PM - (not logged in) (109.203.100.154)> 220 Please visit http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/
(000004)7/30/2017 14:59:19 PM - (not logged in) (109.203.100.154)> USER anonymous
(000004)7/30/2017 14:59:19 PM - (not logged in) (109.203.100.154)> 331 Password required for anonymous
(000004)7/30/2017 14:59:19 PM - (not logged in) (109.203.100.154)> PASS 
(000004)7/30/2017 14:59:19 PM - anonymous (109.203.100.154)> 230 Logged on
(000004)7/30/2017 14:59:19 PM - anonymous (109.203.100.154)> TYPE I
(000004)7/30/2017 14:59:19 PM - anonymous (109.203.100.154)> 200 Type set to I
(000004)7/30/2017 14:59:19 PM - anonymous (109.203.100.154)> CWD /.a3s
(000004)7/30/2017 14:59:19 PM - anonymous (109.203.100.154)> 550 CWD failed. "/.a3s": Permission denied.

Ftp settings/user accounts settings wrong

Hi all, a number of our group members are mentioning that when they're connecting to a dedi via A3S, Arma will eventually throw an error mentioning that password is incorrect. Anybody else seeing this error as well? Trying to isolate whether an issue with other mods, A3S or Arma 3.

I don't think it could be A3S - it's a nice GUI that, in the end, creates a long command line that launches the game. :)  You can close it while A3 is running.

That's from my experience, anyway.  To specifically answer your question, no, nobody in my group is having that issue and we all use A3Sync to connect to a dedicated server.

@major_shepard

I have a problem with some of my fellow clan-mates. Sometimes, some of them cannot unzip de .zip file onto their PC and the A3S download gets stuck in downloading. Sometimes if you manually unzip the file, the download continues with no problems, once you pause and unpause the download. Some other times, the zip is reported to be corrupt and has to be manually deleted and re-downloaded.

Can you confirm this is the way A3S handles .zip files?

Can I prevent this from happening in any way?

I hope I have been clear.

Regards.

10 hours ago, ownedarg said:

@major_shepard

I have a problem with some of my fellow clan-mates. Sometimes, some of them cannot unzip de .zip file onto their PC and the A3S download gets stuck in downloading. Sometimes if you manually unzip the file, the download continues with no problems, once you pause and unpause the download. Some other times, the zip is reported to be corrupt and has to be manually deleted and re-downloaded.

Can you confirm this is the way A3S handles .zip files?

Can I prevent this from happening in any way?

I hope I have been clear.

Regards.

Run ArmA3sync-DEBUG.exe and see what happens in the console.

@major_shepard This is a minor thing, but can you add the ability to run more than one instance? I have 2 separate folders of Armasync on my dedicated server, one for the server and one for the headless client ;). But right now i have to always close it before running the other because only 1 instance is allowed.

A problem I ran into over the last months was that players, who had the same mod we use and distribute via Arma3Sync in a different version from Steam Workshop, would always start their game with the wrong mod version. The problem was that selecting our modset would result in the SWS version of the mod being selected with no surefire way to switch to a different (our) version except for deleting the SWS content. Manually moving the mod from "Available Addons" to the right Addon Group would not make any difference.

We ought to have some way of selecting whether or not SWS content should be included in repository-made-modsets - or even to disable SWS content completely. Even better: If a modgroup is created from a repository link, the addons of this repository will most likely be downloaded to one single location - and never to the !workshop-folder. So if you click on the "Modsets" button and include such a modset, only addons from the location the whole repository has been downloaded to should be included.

Or better yet would be the option to toggle between different versions of the same mod if there are duplicates in "Available Addons" - for example if you use multiple addon search directories. Then you have the additional hassle of multiple additional locations+game folder+workshop folder.

It's nice to have SWS content available in Arma3Sync for players who use A3S only as a launcher. For communities distributing their mods via A3S it's really necessary to have players automatically use or be able to select the right mod version.

5 hours ago, zafjr said:

@major_shepard This is a minor thing, but can you add the ability to run more than one instance? I have 2 separate folders of Armasync on my dedicated server, one for the server and one for the headless client ;). But right now i have to always close it before running the other because only 1 instance is allowed.

Just create a dedicated ArmA3Sync Profile for the headless client and another for the server then switch from one to the other, see => http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/ArmA3Sync_Wiki_English#Use_as_ArmA_3_server_administrator