major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

13 hours ago, Baptist Barry said:

Hello, i am trying to launch arma3sync but it gives me the next error;

The registery refers to a nonexistent version of java runtime environment installation or the runtime is corrupted.

I am running the latest version of java and have the latest version of arma3sync installed.

In safe mode it gives me the same error and debug doesnt work. I hope you have some sollution.

With kind regards,

Baptist Barry

1. Remove Java

2. Clean windows registry with tool like ccleaner

3. Re install Java

Is it just me or are "External Apps" arguments ignored when launching bat files?

When running a simple echo %* manually, I get

C:\Users\user\Desktop>testme.bat 1 2 3

C:\Users\user\Desktop>echo 1 2 3
1 2 3

C:\Users\user\Desktop>

whereas arma3sync starts it without arguments:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArmA3Sync>echo
ECHO is on.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArmA3Sync>

despite those being present in the GUI configuration.

It also doesn't seem to run the script if it has a space in its path.

Build v1.6.91.

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

recently, I have installed Arma3Sync and set up my repository. While I was uploading the mod files to my FTP server via the Sync, one of the files could not upload itself. Stopping and resuming the upload did not help, in fact, the upload froze even when I created a separate repo and tried to upload only this particular file. Since this did not work, I tried to upload the file manually and that seemed to solve the problem of uploading. Unfortunately, it caused another problem - the file seems to be corrupted if downloaded through the Sync. When the game is launched an error message pops up (check below). Since I am the creator of the repository and I have all the mods stored on my computer as they were downloaded from Armaholic, the file seems to be working perfectly fine for me.

Any ideas how to fix this, please?

The File Name: cup_terrains_ca_structures.pbo
Web Hosting Provider:  One.com

The Error When Downloaded through Sync:

WR0DjNQ.png

12 hours ago, FluffyApollo said:

Hello everyone,

recently, I have installed Arma3Sync and set up my repository. While I was uploading the mod files to my FTP server via the Sync, one of the files could not upload itself. Stopping and resuming the upload did not help, in fact, the upload froze even when I created a separate repo and tried to upload only this particular file. Since this did not work, I tried to upload the file manually and that seemed to solve the problem of uploading. Unfortunately, it caused another problem - the file seems to be corrupted if downloaded through the Sync. When the game is launched an error message pops up (check below). Since I am the creator of the repository and I have all the mods stored on my computer as they were downloaded from Armaholic, the file seems to be working perfectly fine for me.

Any ideas how to fix this, please?

The File Name: cup_terrains_ca_structures.pbo
Web Hosting Provider:  One.com

The Error When Downloaded through Sync:

WR0DjNQ.png

Check the size of the file cup_terrains_ca_structures.pbo on the FTP server. Possibly the FTP server has maximum file size limitation.

major, by chance have you had a chance to look at the post I made a page back?

I haven't had any success figuring out how to use google drive with Arma3Sync, if this is not possible that's ok, I'll end my efforts.

Thanks

I remember a guy on this thread did it with google drive 1-2 years ago as he gave me access to his repo, Unfortunately I have lost the access to his repo.

Thanks for your response major, would you remember if this was done using fileZilla or apache?

Hello.

I need to launch arma3 in 32bits, but now even if I put the default launcher to 32bits parameter... when I launch through amra3sync it does it with 64bits. I use executable location arma3battleye.exe If I run with arma3.exe it loads in 32bits but as soon as I want to join multiplayer it says I need battleeye, and when reloading.. it does it in 64bits.

Is there any parameter to put in arma3sync to load with battleye and 32bits? Thanks!

@japo32 

Force 32-bit Arma 3:

arma3battleye.exe 2 1 0 -exe arma3.exe <params>

Force 64-bit Arma 3:

arma3battleye.exe 2 1 0 -exe arma3_x64.exe <params>

The BattlEye Launcher parameters (including the -exe <exe_name> parameter) must always be present before the game parameters.

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of a good tutorial for setting up Arma3 Sync for FTP? I have been looking but can't find anything.

I must be blind

Thanks ahead 

***** Got it working, finally found somewhat of a video. *****

Hello,

thanks a lot for writing this very nice launcher for arma! I use it all the time, but today I run into a problem, it crashes with a NPE most of the time and if it doesn't crash during start, the profile is all empty.

Spoiler

Generated by ArmA3Sync 1.6.91
11.05.2017 05:07:15

An unexpected error has occured.

ArmA3Sync Installed version = 1.6.91
JRE installed version = 1.8.0_131
OS Name = Windows 10

StackTrace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at fr.soe.a3s.service.AddonService.generateTree(AddonService.java:260)
    at fr.soe.a3s.service.AddonService.generateTree(AddonService.java:286)
    at fr.soe.a3s.service.AddonService.getAvailableAddonsTreeInstance(AddonService.java:154)
    at fr.soe.a3s.service.AddonService.getAvailableAddonsTree(AddonService.java:185)
    at fr.soe.a3s.ui.main.AddonsPanel.reloadAvailableAddons(AddonsPanel.java:473)
    at fr.soe.a3s.ui.main.AddonsPanel.update(AddonsPanel.java:455)
    at fr.soe.a3s.ui.main.MainPanel.updateTabs(MainPanel.java:599)
    at fr.soe.a3s.ui.main.MainPanel.init(MainPanel.java:564)
    at fr.soe.a3s.main.ArmA3Sync$2.run(ArmA3Sync.java:195)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Not sure what triggered this, though I recently opted in for the Windows 10 Creators update.

6 hours ago, TeTeT said:

Hello,

thanks a lot for writing this very nice launcher for arma! I use it all the time, but today I run into a problem, it crashes with a NPE most of the time and if it doesn't crash during start, the profile is all empty.

Reveal hidden contents

Generated by ArmA3Sync 1.6.91
11.05.2017 05:07:15

An unexpected error has occured.

ArmA3Sync Installed version = 1.6.91
JRE installed version = 1.8.0_131
OS Name = Windows 10

StackTrace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at fr.soe.a3s.service.AddonService.generateTree(AddonService.java:260)
    at fr.soe.a3s.service.AddonService.generateTree(AddonService.java:286)
    at fr.soe.a3s.service.AddonService.getAvailableAddonsTreeInstance(AddonService.java:154)
    at fr.soe.a3s.service.AddonService.getAvailableAddonsTree(AddonService.java:185)
    at fr.soe.a3s.ui.main.AddonsPanel.reloadAvailableAddons(AddonsPanel.java:473)
    at fr.soe.a3s.ui.main.AddonsPanel.update(AddonsPanel.java:455)
    at fr.soe.a3s.ui.main.MainPanel.updateTabs(MainPanel.java:599)
    at fr.soe.a3s.ui.main.MainPanel.init(MainPanel.java:564)
    at fr.soe.a3s.main.ArmA3Sync$2.run(ArmA3Sync.java:195)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Not sure what triggered this, though I recently opted in for the Windows 10 Creators update.

Could you replace ArmA3Sync.jar by this file: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync.jar

On 25-4-2017 at 11:12 AM, major_shepard said:

1. Remove Java

2. Clean windows registry with tool like ccleaner

3. Re install Java

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately this did not work but on the otherhand i found the solution. I removed it manually from the registery;

reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment" /
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\wow6432node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment"

The "enable Battleye" option isnt working for my even though i have it checked. As soon as i join the server it goes "battleye not enabled, restart arma to enable?" and i have to restart every single time :(

puT0PMm.png

@zafjr

At the bottom of your launcher, choose the arma3battleye.exe instead of arma3_x64.exe

The game engine will choose the 64bit for you.

Hello, I have encountered i problem where it allows me to download around 15mb then says (Server) - Failed to connect to URL 

https://gyazo.com/1ba0902cd98ec5af5f672ba72a6b0cf9

After this happens 1 time I have to wait a period of time before I try again. I have turned off my firewall and uninstalled antivirus and nothing seems to be working.

This happens on every single one of my Repos not just this one and i believe it is a connection side thing but i cannot find a way to fix it.

Before I was able to do this and then i got a new router and factory reset my computer so either one of those 2 things screwed up my Arma3Sync

Hey guys.

Im struggeling with downloading mods per Arma3Sync lately. Im starting the download with a dl rate from 400kbs - wich is slow but the actually speed its downloading is even slower. after a few hrs at around 500mb the rate gets lowered to about 75kbs and if i try to press the pause button and continue to dl the 500mb are gone and i need to dl everything together again.

there are no errors are what so ever. the modpack has a sice of about 20 gb and i managed to dl about 18 gb. with the last 2 gb i have this struggle for the last few days.

hopefully anyone could help

modpack: @ narcos (narcos-life.de)

On 23/05/2017 at 10:37 PM, Brandon Pepperbottom said:

Is there any way i can do it in a mass download

If it works with the web browser means firewall/antivirus/router is blocking ArmA3Sync.

17 hours ago, nero carter said:

Hey guys.

Im struggeling with downloading mods per Arma3Sync lately. Im starting the download with a dl rate from 400kbs - wich is slow but the actually speed its downloading is even slower. after a few hrs at around 500mb the rate gets lowered to about 75kbs and if i try to press the pause button and continue to dl the 500mb are gone and i need to dl everything together again.

there are no errors are what so ever. the modpack has a sice of about 20 gb and i managed to dl about 18 gb. with the last 2 gb i have this struggle for the last few days.

hopefully anyone could help

modpack: @ narcos (narcos-life.de)

server side issue.

ArmA3Sync 1.6 Update 2 now available

Download:

- Windows installer: here

- zip archive: here

Changelog:

- Fixed: Failed to export autoconfig file (regression from update 1.6).
- Fixed: External Apps run parameters not taken into account when using a script file as entry point.
- Fixed: Upload repository: FTP error 501 returned when repository upload IP/hostname is setup as upload url (regression from update 1.6) .