Mlstwalker

Vehicle repairs

I was thinking of instead of just abandoning a vehicle if it's damaged, how about the option to repair them?

Maybe we could send a container or pod which holds spare parts. Then we would have to send a rover to collect the required parts from the pod and take them to the sick vehicle. It could then either fix the vehicle itself or possibly require yet another "mechanic" rover to do the job. All this would obviously cost money but it may be a cheaper alternative to producing and sending replacement vehicles, especially if the Pod and repair rovers were sent out first to a central position in the exploration area. Plus it would add extra unplanned on-the-fly missions to the sim.

Google is your friend ;)

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI
update content

Thats a good idea mate.

Now i dont know if it would be to much, but could this "repair rover" be a special one?

Meaning you cant simpy repair with any rover, but you need this one with the special equipment, in order to even repair anything.

This would be a fun dynamic in the game, on one side you want to earn money to buy new rovers, but on the other side you also need money to buy the "repair rover" and spareparts it can use.

The rover being specifically designed as a repair rover was what I was thinking, yup. The balance between repair and cost would definately add another dynamic and challenge to the game.

some players have problems with simple analysis, good luck repairing such advanced devices unless whole process is extremely simplified

it sounds like a good addition to a mod with human colonisation on mars or something, when there are many rovers and some just drivin around and repairing stuff

Hi, I think there should be a parts recycler or grinder, this machine 
should liquefy the parts, and later in the refinery transforming it into more basic components.-