Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Altis - Info & Discussion

Thats what she said....lol j/k

Anyone know approx when BIS are planning on dropping Altis on the Dev branch?

Monday.

That doesn't mean its available right?

Nope, but i suspect it will have this issue.

Well, it's Monday for half the world... currently.

What's the average time the dev branch receives updates?

I haven't been running dev since 0.74!

If I remember correctly the Dev branch updates between 12 and 4pm (GMT) so my guess would be anywhere around 7pm and 11pm for you bud, since Australia has several time zones.

Regards Hawk.

I would say at least 3 more hours to go before the update :)

i say update will be 4 hours there may be some other decent fixes too!

I would say at least 3 more hours to go before the update :)

*sigh* I would say 9 hours to go before update. -> After work :(. Time to get unemployed ;)

Damn, that's big and\or long: http://i.imgur.com/k088AzBh.jpg

Eek. This is blurry textures. I'm sure they will be talked about in review. They are like an anachronism in a modern game.

Edited by tortuosit

It will be in the afternoon BIS time!

I read it somewhere! but i cant find it right now.

Eek. This is blurry textures. I'm sure they will be talked about in review. They are like an anachronism in a modern game.

Quite true - mostly apparent from the air - very unbecoming of Arma 3. Hopefully, the Nordkindchen suggestions will lead to something.... (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149905-Sophisticated-considerations-on-how-to-get-rid-of-the-blurry-mid-range-textures)

lol, BI devs, must be scratching theirs heads now like: people already starting to make tickets, before they had tested it? =)

Could be visitors from gamescom who have seen the bug, first news was that the version that was on gamescom is the version that will be released to the dev-branch ;)

Send with Tapatalk.

Well all i know , is that it needs to hurry up and update so i can go to bed and be able to wake up and play on a new map because the Stratis is getting really old and i need something for this game lol .

Well, should only be a matter of hours either way. I for one shall be giddy with excitement the second I see a green appear in my Steam taskbar icon.

Question I could ask everyone here I guess is, what's the first place you're going to visit?

Me, I'm going to see whether I can find Telos - which I'm sure I saw mentioned in the trivia bit at the bottom of one of the loading screens. Obscure Doctor Who reference? Obscure Star Wars reference? Obscure Greek reference? Or none-of-the-above-what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about!?! :P

Going diving to look for the large ship wreck mentioned on the first Livestream.

Then I am going to night dive it with some chem lights.

Going diving to look for the large ship wreck mentioned on the first Livestream.

Then I am going to night dive it with some chem lights.

I could never find much underwater on Stratis... Maybe I'll have more luck on Altis. Anyway, first thing I'll do is take an atv and go exploring. I'll see if I can find the village on the mountain side shown in one of the newest Gamescom videos, that looked fantastic.

Edited by Zorg_DK

I think I might get a helo and simply look at all the fantastic shots. Take many screenies along the way, and literally find anything I can! Oh boy I am hyped ^.^

I'm just going to get in a Pawnee or Hummingbird and fly around with my stick + TrackIR... check out the locations from the sky, look at things like terrain variety, interesting locations, etc.

Try and learn the place.

By then, mission makers should have created something adapted to Altis, and I can explore it on the ground. :)

I'm just going to get in a Pawnee or Hummingbird and fly around with my stick + TrackIR... check out the locations from the sky, look at things like terrain variety, interesting locations, etc.

Try and learn the place.

By then, mission makers should have created something adapted to Altis, and I can explore it on the ground. :)

+1. I want to do some sight seeing first up.

Only place I'm checking out is the Salt Lagoon, everything else i want to save for the campaign. I think it will give a better experience in missions if you're unfamiliar with the place.