Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

KEYS: No action menu

I added a new video update about this system on the first page. I uploaded another bonus video as well.

Edited by Sakura_Chan

I really hope that BIS takes notice of the stuff you're doing. Truly amazing, keep it up!

Awesome work dude, keep it Up!

Imagine to be able to carry around bags, with ammo or medical equipment in it (with ACE for example), like that...

Very impressive stuff, the way of opening doors really make the game more fluid and modern. I would prefer not to have interaction icons, like you also mention in the first video. Cool to see you can enable physx on certain static map objects - Why didn't BI enable this? fps or mp bandwith issues maybe? Seems odd it only works on editor placed objects.

BI should hire you, or steal your ideas. Keep it up.

Edited by Zorg_DK

I think there should be interaction icons because it's then pretty hard to say are you close enough to open/close the door, what object you're trying to pick up from the ground or what seat are you trying to get etc. It could be just a small dot but there really needs to be some icon(s) to show that you're enable to interact.

Kinda shame - that BIS aren't even going to implement this ever.

This is honestly the way interacting with the world should work in the game, no joke. The 'picking things up' thing is beautiful and I'd -love- for you to release those scripts, but the real biggie here is replacing the action menu more or less entirely with these types of in-game actions. You -should- be able to just look at a vehicle and see a "get in pilot's seat" option, and then just click a single button! The way you've visualized it here is really wonderful. Furthermore, you're proving it's -possible- to do this within the limits of the engine itself! I'd say that gives some hope at least that BIS would be willing to consider implementing it at an engine level. But if not, well, a self-initializing addon would probably be more than enough. :) As to replacing actions like reloading a different kind of ammunitio/grenade type, it would probably be easiest to do that either through the inventory screen (which you can do already) or maybe through a Crysis-like weapon-customization screen.

Fantastic work, really.

Highly interesting. Thread subscribed :) Interesting object video. The essence of what you said is: "Something that is so possible"... and that you wrote like 30 lines for this. Time for BIS to wake up. It changes gameplay a lot in a positive way.

Edited by tortuosit

I like this feature...reminds me of old Swat 3 & 4 days. On my watch list. Nice work.

Also subbed....this is the most needed mod in armaverse to date....good luck...and will be watching this closely!...congrats on what you have accomplished and hoping you will perfect it!

This is really something so good that should be considered for ACE type of addons, that is game changing element.

Can you imagine instead of Arma 2 ACE loading bars and bit clumsy animation actual picking up like in video (when he picked up canister)

that would be so immersive for let's say carrying arty rocket

header.png

Or carrying ammo boxes to a hummves...

I just envision your project as something that adds mods not only function but immersion of holding physical objects or playing believable animations.

And everything on point and click bases, without need of green menus.(ace interaction menu)

Question: Do people really want to have to open the door of a vehicle before they can get in? Should the opening and closing of the door be automated instead? Maybe some hybrid where you can manually open the door but you could still get in automatically. No doors at all just hop in? Not sure how people feel about this.

Stick it to the "anti simulation" main stream gamers and make it so you have to open them. As long as you can keep it open and allow for multiple people to enter before closing it. Other wise that's just tedious. Looking forward to this.

Maybe some hybrid where you can manually open the door but you could still get in automatically.

This would be my preference (i.e. take on helicopters), but perhaps you could make a module out of it and make it configurable.

i would like to have it relistic. first open, than get in. feel natural i think, with this , so no action menu.

looking forward to it, thx for your work !

Question: Do people really want to have to open the door of a vehicle before they can get in? Should the opening and closing of the door be automated instead? Maybe some hybrid where you can manually open the door but you could still get in automatically. No doors at all just hop in? Not sure how people feel about this.

Opening and closing of the door automated for vehicles.

Opening and closing of the door automated for vehicles.

NOOOO !! :)

When we open door, we can have a protection with the door. No problem to close automatically the doors when we are in the vehicule because how many humans use their car with doors opens ? ^^ In addition, if we want to close manually the door, we must look the door, and it's boring...

Final suggestion :

Ext of vehicule : manual opening door , manual get in, automatically close door.

In vehicule : option to get out with the door always open and an manual option to close it. (if we take the option to open manually and get out after, in MP, we can have 4 doors or more open by each player and ... it was very boring)

Sakura : in the final game, there is a animation to fire from a chopper as passenger, if this option was integrated with other vehicules (grounds vehicule), the option to close automatically the doors could be problematic, my suggestion wait for this :)

Edited by GranolaBar

Wouldn't automatic doors be really funny?With 50+ people on server for example doors of vehicle would be

keep opening and closing because of people passing by, I don't know if this would work...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great video I approve your way of making movies - explaining your thought process,

rather then this is new this this and this goodbye now, end of 1min video.

Great features great ideas great implementation!

So keep your great video and your commentary :bounce3:

Edited by enex