massi

African conflict a3

Hey Massi,

Love your stuff man.

I had a quick question/request for this pack.

Could you possibly add a Muslim-based African faction in the future? With Turbans, etc.? Something along the lines of Boko Haram?  I think it would add a nice, unique faction for ops.

Good Idea!!!

You could easily solve this with the "redress script"  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24999 to randomize some headgear and uniform from Massi Middle eastern pack...just my 2 cent....

• Like 2

Good Idea!!!

You could easily solve this with the "redress script" http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24999 to randomize some headgear and uniform from Massi Middle eastern pack...just my 2 cent....

Long shot but you wouldn't happen to have a version of that script that already does this, would you?

I see the redress script not only needs uniforms defined, but all weapons and gear and seems like it would take quite some time to write. Not that I'm not willing to try it but if you had one handy, that would be sweet. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd never heard of the script before.

EDIT: Actually beginning to think it may be more efficient to just make the Middle East Takistani's with African body models if that's possible.

• Like 1

Long shot but you wouldn't happen to have a version of that script that already does this, would you?

I see the redress script not only needs uniforms defined, but all weapons and gear and seems like it would take quite some time to write. Not that I'm not willing to try it but if you had one handy, that would be sweet. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd never heard of the script before.

EDIT: Actually beginning to think it may be more efficient to just make the Middle East Takistani's with African body models if that's possible.

Sorry mate, I have it set up for middle eastern redress.No African insurgent.

It's easier than what you think. No need to get all the classnames of EVERYTHING. Just the gear you want to randomize. For example, if you want to change just the headgear of Massi's African insurgent, in the "redressInit.sqf" input just the headgear class names, and leave the rest blank...DONE!!

//Gear classes names go below!
//-----------------------------
JSHK_weaponArr = [""];
JSHK_uniformArr = [""];
JSHK_vestArr = [""];
JSHK_headArr = ["INSERT HERE CLASS NAMES OF YOUR FAVORITE HEADGEARS" separated by ("turbant1","shemag2","ecc ecc"];
JSHK_goggleArr = [""];
JSHK_backpackArr = [""];

That will change JUST the head gears of the faction you defined.Everything helse will stay the same:weapons ec ecc

Enjoy  :P

• Like 1

Sorry mate, I have it set up for middle eastern redress.No African insurgent.

It's easier than what you think. No need to get all the classnames of EVERYTHING. Just the gear you want to randomize. For example, if you want to change just the headgear of Massi's African insurgent, in the "redressInit.sqf" input just the headgear class names, and leave the rest blank...DONE!!

//Gear classes names go below!
JSHK_weaponArr = [""];
JSHK_uniformArr = [""];
JSHK_vestArr = [""];
JSHK_headArr = ["INSERT HERE CLASS NAMES OF YOUR FAVORITE HEADGEARS" separated by ("turbant1","shemag2","ecc ecc"];
JSHK_goggleArr = [""];
JSHK_backpackArr = [""];
That will change JUST the head gears of the faction you defined.Everything helse will stay the same:weapons ec ecc

Enjoy  :P

Whoa! Thanks!

One last question. So blank uses default faction gear (that's awesome!). But as long as an array is defined the units will ONLY use items from the array and never default? Massi currently doesn't separate the African Army from the Insurgents for use with ALiVE (they both share the same faction name which is how ALiVE generates units) so my goal is to redress every unit that spawns so they all at least look kind of like Boko Haram.

If it's really as simple as that I think I really only need to define head gear and uniform which should only take me a few minutes to set up. :) I can't believe it will be that simple to visually remove the Army gear. If so this script will be quite the treat!

Thanks!

• Like 1

Whoa! Thanks!

..... so my goal is to redress every unit that spawns so they all at least look kind of like Boko Haram.

If it's really as simple as that I think I really only need to define head gear and uniform which should only take me a few minutes to set up. :) I can't believe it will be that simple to visually remove the Army gear. If so this script will be quite the treat!

Thanks!

Glad to help man!

I'm not very familiar with ALIVE, but the way I handle when I want to create a mission lets say SF vs ISIS/DAESH/YORFAVORITEBADGUYS.. is this:

I use EOS spawning script to spawn enemy...lets say CSAT... then I fire the redress script with the gear (uniform, vests and whatnot...)  that I find fit for that opfor that will apply to ALL CSAT, or even better EAST side faction.

There you go: now every opfor in the map is dressed like ISIS ecc

EDIT: I use EOS because I like some randomness in my mission... if you place the opfor manually it work the same.. 

EDIT 2: "One last question. So blank uses default faction gear (that's awesome!). But as long as an array is defined the units will ONLY use items from the array and never default?"....YES!!

Hope I'm clear enough... ;)

• Like 1

Yes very clear! I see the script can be defined for placed and spawned units so this should work perfectly with ALiVE (I'd assume) until Massi lets us know how he feels about updating the insurgents himself.

I really appreciate it. :)

• Like 1

Yes very clear! I see the script can be defined for placed and spawned units so this should work perfectly with ALiVE (I'd assume) until Massi lets us know how he feels about updating the insurgents himself.

I really appreciate it. :)

Forget to tell you... you can redress multiple factions in different ways...lets say you want Boko Haram as opfor..and a local warlord independent militia (non Islamic style) trowed in just to complicate your mission objectives..LOL... it's a little trickier...but can be done...Let me know if you need it!

• Like 1

Quick question, I just realized you updated the pack so UN uniforms are now based on how they appeared in ARMA2, and I'm not precisely fond of the change, any chance anyone has an older download I could use?

On 14/05/2016 at 5:29 AM, zagor64bz said:

Forget to tell you... you can redress multiple factions in different ways...lets say you want Boko Haram as opfor..and a local warlord independent militia (non Islamic style) trowed in just to complicate your mission objectives..LOL... it's a little trickier...but can be done...Let me know if you need it!

Hi 

I would love to know how to redress muiltiple sides at the same time

30 minutes ago, locky09 said:

Hi 

I would love to know how to redress muiltiple sides at the same time

You have to create a JSHOCK redressing script folder for each factions you wanna redress..

For instance, i n your mission folder you have 2 faction to be redress, and so you create 

JSHK_redress folder 

JSHK_redress2  folder

In each folder you redress the unit the way you want and then in the init.sqf of the mission you put:

//For only on mission start
//null = [EAST, true, false] execVM "JSHK_Redress\redressInit.sqf";
null = [WEST, true, true] execVM "JSHK_Redress\redressInit.sqf";
null = [CIVILIAN, true, true] execVM "JSHK_Redress2\redressInit.sqf";
//For continuous checking to redress any "spawned" units
0 = [EAST,true,true] execVM "JSHK_Redress\redressInit.sqf";

As you can see, you could change every side you want. (the above example is from a mission of mine..change whatever side you need)

can be deleted now, got my answer

Edited by Nejtro
edit