massi

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3

Hey I've private messaged massi, but to no avail have not seen a response back.

Is anyone here authorized to make a change to the mod and upload to steam?

I have fixes for the pop up errors present in this version.

The hooded clothing ports from A2 have some sort of big black dots on the shoulders,is that fixable?

Hey,

the HK 417 and the SCAR-H should be using 7.62, but these are using 5.56?

NATO%20SF%20and%20Russian%20Spetsnaz%20W

Any chance to fix this?

class Mode_SemiAuto;
class Mode_Burst;
class Mode_FullAuto;
class SlotInfo;
class CowsSlot;
class MuzzleSlot;
class PointerSlot;
class UnderBarrelSlot;
class WeaponSlotsInfo;  <--  Add this here to fix the popup issue
class CfgWeapons
{
	class WeaponSlotsInfo;  <-- This is the culprit and why the popup happens 

@massi and developers of NATO weapons

I have Private Messaged Massi again and have found fixes for even more bugs. check PM for fix info

• Like 2

class Mode_SemiAuto;
class Mode_Burst;
class Mode_FullAuto;
class SlotInfo;
class CowsSlot;
class MuzzleSlot;
class PointerSlot;
class UnderBarrelSlot;
class WeaponSlotsInfo;  <--  Add this here to fix the popup issue
class CfgWeapons
{
	class WeaponSlotsInfo;  <-- This is the culprit and why the popup happens 

@massi and developers of NATO weapons

I have Private Messaged Massi again and have found fixes for even more bugs. check PM for fix info

Any Infos about update?

Any Infos about update?

Asking for updates or info about one,(more or less the same thing anyway) is against the forum rules mate.

Any Infos about update?

Please don't ask for updates, as per the forum rules.

I can see Massi was last active on the forums 10th November (you find this out yourself by looking at his forum profile). I am sure Massi will respond and update the thread when his is able to, especially as you may not appreciate addon makers consider modding a hobby. And unfortunately from time to time, real life priorities take over.

• Like 2

Exactly. Not only that but he has like a million factions released at this point. Assuming he's still active, it doesn't surprise me at all that catching up with the new game updates would take much longer for him than most.

20 minutes ago, shaunak Mistry said:

Error:

Bad version 68 in p3d file 'mas_nw_rifle\mas_mk16.p3d'

What to do?

Thanks.

Update Arma 3 to the latest version

44 minutes ago, GIGN23 said:

heeeelp! in arma3 error bad version 70 ak74

You need to be running the latest version of Arma3 version 1.66

very weird problem as of update 1.68 (YESS A OTHER 1.68 PROBLEM ,  the weapons are visible in 3den editor when placing units on the map and when hitting preview the weapon is present like normal , but when changing the loadout in loadout editor (arsenal) weapons are not visible in the list and the unit previews a standard A3 rifle. ???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tmp95 said:

Please keep on topic..And if you can;t say anything useful or constructive, then don't.

On 3/19/2017 at 4:00 PM, supergruntsb78 said:

very weird problem as of update 1.68 (YESS A OTHER 1.68 PROBLEM ,  the weapons are visible in 3den editor when placing units on the map and when hitting preview the weapon is present like normal , but when changing the loadout in loadout editor (arsenal) weapons are not visible in the list and the unit previews a standard A3 rifle. ???

This issue has affected one or two other mods also-I had the same problem with the Irish Armed Forces mod. Spawning units would be carrying Styer Aug's, but when I go to arsenal the default to vanilla weapns. Same issue in weapon crates.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

This issue has affected one or two other mods also-I had the same problem with the Irish Armed Forces mod. Spawning units would be carrying Styer Aug's, but when I go to arsenal the default to vanilla weapns. Same issue in weapon crates.

good to know i am not the only one (started to doubt myself :don11:)  as @massi is no longer (very) active on these forums i think we can rule out an update :(  but i will wait and see  (also will wait to see if anybody comes up with a solution) 

4 hours ago, supergruntsb78 said:

good to know i am not the only one (started to doubt myself :don11:)  as @massi is no longer (very) active on these forums i think we can rule out an update :(  but i will wait and see  (also will wait to see if anybody comes up with a solution) 

Well there is nothing to make solution abaut. BIS in 1.68 patch made change in baseWeapon=""; attribute (there were missing attributes on some vanilla weapons) so addon weapons that inherit from BIS weapons classes and don t discriminate the change in cfgWeapons config just won t show in virtual arsenal anymore because weapon classname will not match baseWeapon attribute stated classname and so the game engine will treat those weapons as weapons with attachments and not the base weapons and won t show it in arsenal. There is nothing we can do abaut it. Only mod authors can fix this by adding correct attribute baseWeapon""; in their weapons configs.

Regards.

• Like 4

So can we find MASSI and ask him to fix it. I consider this a very mod, so that would be good.

5 hours ago, inhaler said:

So can we find MASSI and ask him to fix it. I consider this a very mod, so that would be good.

He was last active 5th January, so you will have to wait. Please remember addon making is a hobby to most and sometimes real life has to take priority.

• Like 5

Appreicate all hard work Massi has done on this mod. My favorite to use, weapons and units.  I also you great load transfer mod (which allows you to outfit yourself and teammates very quickly). But yes, after update, because the load transfer mod uses the virtual arsenal it now has my stored units all messed up.  Looking forward to an update when life allows Massi time.

Looking to confirm  (that isn't just on my end). But is this mod now (with latest update) unable to use the virtual arsenal at all. As the weapons shown are not then placed on the unit.  Definitely wish BIS would stop with the equipment name changes. It leaves paying customers constantly with a non useable product until further updates.

1 hour ago, tmp95 said:

Looking to confirm  (that isn't just on my end). But is this mod now (with latest update) unable to use the virtual arsenal at all. As the weapons shown are not then placed on the unit.  Definitely wish BIS would stop with the equipment name changes. It leaves paying customers constantly with a non useable product until further updates.

Wrong, they don't make updates to cater for the addon makers, the addon makers work around BIS updates.

The product is VERY usable, the addons YOU chose to use, make them unusable, not the product.

It's down to addon makers to keep their products up to date with the platform updates.

• Like 3

Note that it would be relatively easy to make an external "patch" for this addon that just overrides all the classes with the new relevant information. So if anyone wants to get into modding, there's your chance, and it's more productive than complaining, too :)

• Like 9

5 hours ago, road runner said:

Wrong, they don't make updates to cater for the addon makers, the addon makers work around BIS updates.

The product is VERY usable, the addons YOU chose to use, make them unusable, not the product.

It's down to addon makers to keep their products up to date with the platform updates.

Perhaps..... But I'd bet dollars to doughnuts without the modding community A2 or A3 would not ever have happened. It is the modding community that made BIS what it became. And for those of us who work 50+ hours weekly we are greatly appreciative to those very talented modders (like Massi) and all the work they do. Nor do we have the time to learn modding of particular subsets within the game.  We also have dozens and dozens of hours into mission building which use said "mods".  So once they are broken it isn't that easy to just say, well it is still useable, just don't use those.  As a point of fact, sure, ....but as a paying customer looking for an experience he wants, not exactly.  

Here's hoping Massi desires for A3 come back to him when he gets time.

• Like 1