dum3d0

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

Hi, until some months ago, I had a Arma 2 working server on my older PC (got 2 pc, the one I use to play with and an older one for server, testing and other stuff) with Windows XP. This server was a cut and paste of my Arma 2 folder from the main pc; obviously I exported the related registry key. The server worked fine. Then I got this wonderful idea: install Windows Seven 64bit (windows XP installation was 7 years old)

Italian:

Salve a tutti, fino a qualche mese fa avevo sul pc muletto con Windows XP un bel server Arma2 funzionante che usavo per fare test e per cazzeggio/divertimento. Il server in questione era in pratica un copia/incolla della mia cartella di Arma2 sul pc avevo ovviamente copiato le relative chiavi di registro per far funzionare il tutto; e infatti tutto funzionava finchè non ho avuto la grande idea di installare Windows Seven (l'installazione di XP sul muletto aveva oramai 7 anni).

After windows Seven installation, I've done the same thing, copy and paste and export the registry key from my playing PC that now have Seven 64bit too. But now if I start any arma 2 exe

Italian:

Dopo l'installazione, di seven non ho fatto altro che copiare la cartella e reinserire le chiavi di registro dal mio pc Win7 al Muletto con Win7 (versioni 64bit identiche), ma adesso se faccio partire un qualsiasi eseguibile di Arma2:

arma2.exe

arma2oa.exe

arma2oaserver.exe

arma2server.exe

I got this:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/9369250149_a7ab8072e6_b.jpg (149 kB)

(lol seem I can't show an image from flickr)

I tried to reinstall DirectX and C++ 2010 (32 ad 64bit), nothing

I tried a clean install of Arma 2 and OA from the CD (removing all the related registry key) and got nothing except after installing only Arma 2, the game give and error regarding Securrom not updated, but just after installing Arma 2 OA (and patch 1.06) I got the 0xc000007b error.

I tried the old Windows XP (i got it on another hd) and all works fine

Italian:

Ho provato a reinstallare le DirectX, ed il C++ 2010 (sia 32 che 64bit) ma non cambia nulla

Ho provato inoltre a reinstallare tutto da zero ma mi da il solito errore

Ho riprovato a riavviare il vecchio XP, sul solito pc ovviamente ed arma parte senza problemi.

Old PC is and Intel E6600 core2duo not overclocked 3gb ram and an internal VGA Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, Seven is a "fresh" installation there's nothing installed except pdf reader 7-zip firefox, no other game. Seven is updated and SP1. Drivers are updated. Arma 2 and OA are updated.

Italian:

Il pc è un Intel E6600 core2duo non overclockato 3gb di ram con VGA integrata (deve far girare solo il server) windows Seven ha una installazione "fresca" ed è SP1 + aggiornamenti vari. I driver sono aggiornati..

Today I tried also to install .net 4 (and updates) but had no luck. I still got the same problem

Got no error on .rpt file (maybe because arma never started)

I googled the error but I got only problem on C++ 2010 and DirectX (that I already have uninstalled and reinstalled)

I give a look on windows event manager but the error don't show.

I tried also compatibility mode (XP SP3 and Vista SP2) and run as administrator.

:confused:

Edited by DuM3D0

I really can't be bothered to translate the Italian messages (please, check the rules on posting!). However that error can be due to other issues - your Google search wasn't adequate. It can also be caused by a mis-match of 32- and 64-bit DLLs as I recently encountered when installing some proprietary s/w on Win 8. According to posts on MSDN it means "STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT" - you may need to fix your disk (I did not have that issue).

I really can't be bothered to translate the Italian messages (please, check the rules on posting!).

I thought you could understand that I put Italian in spoiler because those where only for Italian people, you really don't need to read it or traslate, I traslate it for you. If it hurts yours eyebulb, simply don't click on spoiler..

However that error can be due to other issues - your Google search wasn't adequate. It can also be caused by a mis-match of 32- and 64-bit DLLs as I recently encountered when installing some proprietary s/w on Win 8. According to posts on MSDN it means "STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT" - you may need to fix your disk (I did not have that issue).

I don't think you know what I have googled before posting here, I'm used to fix my own problem, but I posted here because I haven't found any help "googling" my problem.. every link I found talk about DirectX or C++ problem and I already tried this way with no luck.

You talk about dll mismatch, and "STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT", those links regards mostly on ppl who builds his own software, but it's a faint help.

PS: I checked my hard drive (with Seatools software from a live cd) and I have no problem on that.

I thought you could understand that I put Italian in spoiler because those where only for Italian people, you really don't need to read it or traslate, I traslate it for you. If it hurts yours eyebulb, simply don't click on spoiler..

I don't think you know what I have googled before posting here, I'm used to fix my own problem, but I posted here because I haven't found any help "googling" my problem.. every link I found talk about DirectX or C++ problem and I already tried this way with no luck.

You talk about dll mismatch, and "STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT", those links regards mostly on ppl who builds his own software, but it's a faint help.

PS: I checked my hard drive (with Seatools software from a live cd) and I have no problem on that.

I read minds even worse than I read Italian so of course I had no idea what you had done.

Re Googling, did you find the >500 posts on answers.microsoft.com? I previewed 6 or 7 and none of them dealt with home-built s/w, C++ or Direct X.

I posted in good faith, and did not expect such a snotty reply. Again I refer you to the forum rules about posting in English. How on Earth do you imagine non-speakers of Italian would know whether the information was important or not? What narcissistic crap.

So go fix your own problems, perhaps starting by removing the blinkers.

Look what Event Viewer say about that error.

Thank you Horus, already did it but there's nothing in Event Viewer about that error 8(

I read minds even worse than I read Italian so of course I had no idea what you had done.

Re Googling, did you find the >500 posts on answers.microsoft.com? I previewed 6 or 7 and none of them dealt with home-built s/w, C++ or Direct X.

If you had no idea so why do you argue about it? Maybe ask about it next time and I'll be happy to explain. And obviously if you read my post instead of trying to find "answers" under a button with ITALIAN: written above, maybe you can find what I have tried to do.

About the search, you said googling, but googling what? I googled "0xc000007b" "0xc000007b arma2.exe" "0xc000007b seven" and other variants, and I look until I got userful links. I don't ask help about googling, I can use google, I don't ask ppl to google for me, I'm asking if someone has new ideas, because if you read my first post I tried many solutions but sadly none works.

I posted in good faith, and did not expect such a snotty reply. Again I refer you to the forum rules about posting in English. How on Earth do you imagine non-speakers of Italian would know whether the information was important or not? What narcissistic crap.

Snotty reply? You started with

I really can't be bothered to translate the Italian messages (please, check the rules on posting!).

Isn't it snotty too?

So go fix your own problems, perhaps starting by removing the blinkers.

Thank you, you helped me soo much. I was so lucky to be helped by such a greatful mind, I'm not worthy.

Edited by DuM3D0

your "image" of ARMA is 32bit, your OS is 64bit. Your g31 isnt even a dx9.... Buy another copy of ARMA,and install it correctly. Get a better 20$ card. Hope I am not too snotty....:o

your "image" of ARMA is 32bit, your OS is 64bit. Your g31 isnt even a dx9.... Buy another copy of ARMA,and install it correctly. Get a better 20$ card. Hope I am not too snotty....:o

ROFL :)

Erm, I seem to recall mentioning DLL mismatch somewhere... I think we need a corollary to the French car industry's motto ("If it doesn't fit, don't force it. Use a bigger hammer").

Edited by Orcinus
Wetware dictionary failure

-edit-

Edited by Horus

Please read my post, I don't need to play arma on this pc I need only to start a server,

your "image" of ARMA is 32bit, your OS is 64bit. Your g31 isnt even a dx9....

And so? On my playing pc I got arma 2 and a 64 BIT OS and arma runs fine. My secondary PC with G31 should run arma also "without" a graphic card, on xp it start without. I need only to start a server, so I don't need a VGA to play arma in this PC

and btw, here:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033757.htm

if you know how to read you'll find that the G31 IS a DX9 card, sorry you are TOTALLY WRONG about the g31 and dx9!!

Buy another copy of ARMA,and install it correctly. Get a better 20$ card. Hope I am not too snotty....:o

Lol, and how should I install Arma "correctly"? Please teach me how should I install Arma correctly, you got my attention.. Why should I need to buy a videocard to start Arma dedicated server? Are you sure that Arma don't start without a non itegrated videocard?

you are not snotty, you are useless, sorry.. at least, Orcinus "seems" to know what is talking about...

Please again, before reply read my post, if something is not clear please ask before reply with useless dirt like this, thank you..

PS: does anybody knows if ARMA2 server on Seven needs a VGA card to start?

PPS: Orcinus, you say "DLL mismatch" so you think that arma in a 64bit OS don't work? So why many seven 64bit users have arma2 working on their pc? You talk about DLL mismatch, so what should I need to do? Teach me.. if you are able to..

Edited by DuM3D0
Only snotty people reply to my posts, please help!!

Lol, and how should I install Arma "correctly"? Please teach me how should I install Arma correctly, you got my attention..

Ok i was snotty... "Correctly" would be running a Exe, installer. On your CD/DVD or a Downloaded Installer. But you know that.?. And you said you did that? my bad.

Secrom... Need to go into your device manager, pull up your IDE/ATA controller that has your CD/DVD connected to,(there will be a few choices) pull the Properties/Advanced, and uncheck DMA box then recheck.

You could go to Secrom and read this on there site, or even on this Forum it has the Secrom reset.

Kklwn(too snotty for my own good)

Edited by kklownboy

@dum

I suggest you reinstall both the OS, then the game from the DVDs, then copy over the game files (so you don't have to run all the updates & patches). It may be an error introduced when you copied over the reg keys - registry hacking is notoriuosly hazardous to your PC's health.

NB do not use "refresh". This removes programs but leaves registry entries behind, which prevents some programs from running correctly, or even prevents them being re-installed).

What I did after I installed & updated Win 7 was to install from the DVDs, then copy over the whole of my game folder (which I keep backed up on my external HD) with over-write. The game works perfectly.

Whether I run A2 or CO, I get no error or warning entries in Windows logs, nor (other than the usual suspects) in the RPT. I have also done that for a dual-boot set-up with Win 8 with equal success (installing the base game from the DVDs to the same SSD folder from each OS, and only then copying over the game files) to compare performance.

I suspect that this will be the quickest route, unless you made a registry back-up from before you hacked it. If so uninstalling the game with a manual delete of any residual Arma-related files & folders followed by registry restoration then installing the game by the procedure I used should work.

Edited by Orcinus
clarification

@dum

I suggest you reinstall both the OS, then the game from the DVDs, then copy over the game files (so you don't have to run all the updates & patches). It may be an error introduced when you copied over the reg keys - registry hacking is notoriuosly hazardous to your PC's health.

NB do not use "refresh". This removes programs but leaves registry entries behind, which prevents some programs from running correctly, or even prevents them being re-installed).

What I did after I installed & updated Win 7 was to install from the DVDs, then copy over the whole of my game folder (which I keep backed up on my external HD) with over-write. The game works perfectly.

Whether I run A2 or CO, I get no error or warning entries in Windows logs, nor (other than the usual suspects) in the RPT. I have also done that for a dual-boot set-up with Win 8 with equal success (installing the base game from the DVDs to the same SSD folder from each OS, and only then copying over the game files) to compare performance.

After searching all over internet and trying everything, I did a (new) fresh install, then I manually introduced reg keys and copy Arma 2 folder from my gaming PC and now everything works fine

I suspect that this will be the quickest route, unless you made a registry back-up from before you hacked it. If so uninstalling the game with a manual delete of any residual Arma-related files & folders followed by registry restoration then installing the game by the procedure I used should work.

I did a manual delete of residual arma related files folders and registry but, I had no luck. OS had something bad, an sfc/ scannow didn't fix anything, but only Arma 2 had problems, everything else was running fine.

Thanks to all. :)

This sorted my problem out on my Windows 10 64 bit ver. 1607 build 14393.1066

I downloaded, extracted and copied/pasted into both my windows/system32 and windows/syswow64 folders.

I have also tried to update my direct x but windows stated that it was already up to date, so i guess it was just the replacing of the files from the rar file mentioned below!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/13kfliaquga8ou6/0xc000007b_ERROR.rar

Hey quetiano,

I downloaded those files & pasted into the appropriate as specified by you but no help. Tried few guides such as this one & I even tried Microsoft forum for the help but the solutions were not unique. I already found them online. Is there anything else I'm missing?