To your first problem, from what class do you inherit your custom objects?

How am. Just seeing this mod now? This looks initiative. This would go perfectly hand in had with a custom Wasteland mod, where getting supplies and survive vs other players would be key. I wish you luck with this mod.

Awesome great to hear, cant wait to see it on steam

Me too! ;)

For the vaulting issue you could potentially disable it when the player is in a .5 or 1 proximity of the door and the door is closed or locked. Either that or submit a BHI bug report if there isnt already one. Sadly the vaulting issue seems to be super common as there was a mission developer who had to create a fix so people could not use said glitch to go through walls temporarily and shoot other players. It really is an issue BHI needs to address.

Can't wait to test the mod!

Good solution, but I would prefer to make changes to the doors rather than restrict the players abilities as it could have negative effects on gameplay in certain circumstances.

To your first problem, from what class do you inherit your custom objects?

I've tried inheriting from multiple classes but it makes no difference. (Strategic, NonStrategic, House_F, objects themselves, etc)

try a position change from the server, maybe this can help

I don't know what/if I'm doing wrong, but I can't even get the server to create custom objects, nevermind set their position. Maybe I have my server + mods setup all wrong.

How am. Just seeing this mod now? This looks initiative. This would go perfectly hand in had with a custom Wasteland mod, where getting supplies and survive vs other players would be key. I wish you luck with this mod.

Thankyou sire! :)

---------- Post added at 01:26 ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 ----------

Hmm, as this setpos/setdir issue persists for me only with custom objects. I have uploaded atest mission & mod (WTF.zip) for anyone willing to try it out and get back to me.

The Mod:

Just a simple orange cube

The Mission:

2 Player Slots.

1 Game Logic named 'SERVER'.

The persistent server creates 2 arrows in front of the SERVER logic; 1 orange, 1 grey.

The player then presses the TAB key. 2 cubes will be spawned and positioned by the client; 1 orange cube, 1 grey cube.

The orange cube will be SetPosATL to the orange arrow and SetDir 45 (degrees).

The grey cube will be SetPosATL to the grey arrow and SetDir 45 (degrees).

Now if I exit the server after executing the above, when I rejoin, the orange cube is present but not set at the location of the orange arrow.

This video will explain things better than me:

http://youtu.be/k2LOQzGHFPM

I don't know what/if I'm doing wrong, but I can't even get the server to create custom objects, nevermind set their position. Maybe I have my server + mods setup all wrong.

It is working fine for just me. The direction is off by about 1/10000...

I changed your init.sqf code from what you had to:

[color="#FF8040"][color="#006400"][i]/*
Author: NerdMod
BUG: SetPos(X) commands, and the setDir command don't seem to have global effect on custom made objects. Hopefully this is something wrong on my end.
*/[/i][/color]

[color="#191970"][b]if[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]isServer[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]then[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color]	
[color="#006400"][i]// Dedicated server creates 2 arrows in front of player. 1 Orange, 1 Grey[/i][/color]

[color="#1874CD"]_A[/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]'Sign_Arrow_Blue_F'[/color] [color="#191970"][b]createVehicle[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]position[/b][/color] SERVER[color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_A[/color] [color="#191970"][b]setObjectTextureGlobal[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]0[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"#(rgb,8,8,3)color(1,0.25,0,1)"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_B[/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]'Sign_Arrow_Blue_F'[/color] [color="#191970"][b]createVehicle[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]position[/b][/color] SERVER[color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_B[/color] [color="#191970"][b]setObjectTextureGlobal[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]0[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0.5,0.5,0.5,1)"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]

[color="#1874CD"]_A[/color] [color="#191970"][b]setPosATL[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]getPosATL[/b][/color] SERVER [color="#191970"][b]select[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]0[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]+[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]5[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]*[/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]sin[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]getDir[/b][/color] SERVER [color="#FF0000"]-45[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]getPosATL[/b][/color] SERVER [color="#191970"][b]select[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]1[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]+[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]5[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]*[/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]cos[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]getDir[/b][/color] SERVER [color="#FF0000"]-45[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]0[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_B[/color] [color="#191970"][b]setPosATL[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]getPosATL[/b][/color] SERVER [color="#191970"][b]select[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]0[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]+[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]5[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]*[/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]sin[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]getDir[/b][/color] SERVER [color="#FF0000"]+45[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]getPosATL[/b][/color] SERVER [color="#191970"][b]select[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]1[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]+[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]5[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]*[/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]cos[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]getDir[/b][/color] SERVER [color="#FF0000"]+45[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]0[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#191970"][b]if[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]![/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]isDedicated[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]then[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color]
[color="#191970"][b]waitUntil[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]![/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]isNull[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]findDisplay[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]46[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]

[color="#006400"][i]// Press TAB to create 2 cubes. 1 MOD cube, 1 BIS cube. The MOD cube will be set to the orange arrow, the BIS cube will be set to the grey arrow. Both cubes oriented to 45 degrees.[/i][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]findDisplay[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]46[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]displayAddEventHandler[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"KeyDown"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"

_Key = (_this select 1);	

if (_Key == 15) then
	{
		_AMO = (allMissionObjects 'Sign_Arrow_Blue_F');

_A = 'Land_Cube_F' createVehicle (position player);
		_A setPosATL (getPosATL (_AMO select 1));
		_A setdir 45;

_B = 'Land_VR_CoverObject_01_kneelHigh_F' createVehicle (position player);
		_B setPosATL (getPosATL (_AMO select 0));
		_B setdir 45;

hint format['TAB Pressed!\n\n2 cubes were created:\n\nOrange Cube:\nPositioned at orange arrow.\n\nGrey Cube:\nPositioned at grey arrow.'];

true
	};
"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]

[color="#006400"][i]// Display cube direction[/i][/color]
[color="#191970"][b]addMissionEventHandler[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"Draw3D"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
		[color="#191970"][b]if[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]typeOf[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]_x[/color] [color="#191970"][b]in[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]'Land_Cube_F'[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]'Land_VR_CoverObject_01_kneelHigh_F'[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]then[/b][/color]
			[color="#191970"][b]drawIcon3D[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]""[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]0.5[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]0[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]1[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]1[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]getPosATL[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]_x[/color] [color="#191970"][b]select[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]0[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]getPosATL[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]_x[/color] [color="#191970"][b]select[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]1[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]getPosATL[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]_x[/color] [color="#191970"][b]select[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]2[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]+[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]1.5[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]0.25[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]0.25[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]0[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]str[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]getDir[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]_x[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]1[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]0.075[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"PuristaMedium"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
		[color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
	[color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]forEach[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]allMissionObjects[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]""[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

The issue must be something with your dedicated server setup. I highly doubt the change I made has anything to do with it. (Although your exitWith had be worried)

Image of it working (with slight dir change) (oh and i pressed tab multiple times):

1024x576.resizedimage

The issue must be something with your dedicated server setup. I highly doubt the change I made has anything to do with it. (Although your exitWith had be worried)

Thanks for trying it out, and nice code change. It's merely something I put together in minutes for debugging, but I'm curious to know why the exitWith had you worried ?

Anyway, I've had a bit of a facepalm moment and figured it out. Thanks to you testing, and reassuring me that it was my fault. I realised that I forgot to try/change one simple thing;

[b]-mod=P:\A3 Mods\@NerdMod Dev;[/b]

to

[b]-mod=P:\A3[color="#FF0000"]_[/color]Mods\@NerdMod[color="#FF0000"]_[/color]Dev;[/b]

Yeah, I feel pretty stupid after all the crap I've tried. Banging my head wondering "WTF!? What has changed, why isn't this working anymore" haha. :P

Cheers buddy,

- NM

Edited by NerdMod

does that mean that there will be some form of release now that you have this fixed

Building systems are something we definitely need more options for in ArmA3. It's really the only thing left before we will start to see those amazing experiences built on top of the ArmA engine that we saw in A2. Maybe a good looting and crafting system as well, but these construction systems are a big part of what is missing. Thanks for putting your time in to it!

Download is broken. When i open download page steam workshop error apears.

When i click:

Download Pre-Alpha v0.1

Following thing apears on steam workshop:

Niestety!

Wystąpił błąd przetwarzania żądania użytkownika:

Taki przedmiot nie istnieje. Być może został usunięty przez autora.

Download is broken. When i open download page steam workshop error apears.

When i click:

Following thing apears on steam workshop:

Fixed! ;)

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Building systems are something we definitely need more options for in ArmA3. It's really the only thing left before we will start to see those amazing experiences built on top of the ArmA engine that we saw in A2. Maybe a good looting and crafting system as well, but these construction systems are a big part of what is missing. Thanks for putting your time in to it!

Agreed, and thankyou!

I did start work on a concept crafting system that was implemented into the inventory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIqD5M8IWNU

Although it works, I wasn't all that fond of it and I feel I can design something better. :)

Wow, this really is a lot of fun! You've done a great job so far. :) can't imagine the possibilities once all the other walls doors etc. are added.. definitely a competitor for the MANW price.

oh, teh proudz

btw, I accidently added foundations on top of foundations.. seems to get pretty buggy on that particular part.

Looks like i found a bug.

When i construct something then save a game then load a saved game iBuild is not working (keys are not working, i cannot open or close menu by tilde and i cannot construct anything).

Wow, this really is a lot of fun! You've done a great job so far. :) can't imagine the possibilities once all the other walls doors etc. are added.. definitely a competitor for the MANW price.

oh, teh proudz

btw, I accidently added foundations on top of foundations.. seems to get pretty buggy on that particular part.

Cheers bud!

It's pleasing to see what others have built, and to receive some constructive feedback, and although this is a late reply, just thought I'd mention that I've fixed that foundation bug. ;)

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

Saw the article in PC Gamer. Congrats!

Link to Article

Thanks for the headsup!

I had no idea until you mentioned it.

it would be nice if the construction would also work on mor military stuff like heskos and sandbagwalls so it will finaly be bunker time

What are animation names for openable doors and garage doors?

And how can i get names of this objects?

I want to write a remote door opener script to open and close doors so i'd like to know how can i control them.

Is this still being worked on? I got here from the "Make Arma Not War" contest.

New mod v0.3.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@NerdMod;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Pre-alpha has been available on Armaholic since first release :cool:

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Hi Foxhound, I got an error page on the above link. ;)

Uhm yeah, adding a proper page ID is always a good idea to create a proper link. Fixed!

Thanks for the headsup :)

Is this still being worked on? I got here from the "Make Arma Not War" contest.

Work is very much still in progress. :)

I really hope that this mod will be available for public servers soon :)

Updated mod v1.0.1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey NerdMod , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.