:omg: Well what can I say that hasn't already been said, without a question of a doubt this has the potential to make a huge impact on the game. Well done getting to this point and good luck with the rest of its development, I will definitely be watching this one closely. Incredible

Edited by pomigit

hats off to you mate. very well done indeed. Brilliant

Are construction mini-games possible? Would be awesome to be playing a game to line up building joists when BAM -ambushed! :D

6. Make some polishing with your model so there isn't as me cracks and crevices. (I know it's a pre-alpha but still XD)

Nooooo! I'm loving the way the light and shadows are cast through the joints, looks very nice indeed. Probably looks even better at night with the moonlight shining through.

Imagine seeing those shadows, cast upon the floor, THEN, a figure running by outside, glimpsed through the cracks in the wood, quickly casting his shadow across your floor and scaring the life half out of you as you empty a mag into the door.

Did you get him? Is he still outside?

Keep watching the shadows :D

BSW

Wow. Keeping an eye on you, NerdMod. Very impressive work.

This is one of the most incredible mods I've seen. Mostly because it's simplistic and it is 100% needed. When/If this is put out there, it will be a necessity with games like Wasteland. The possibilities are endless. A few suggestions though.

1.Make places to mount heavy weapons or possibly create a script to simply move said weapons with you up and down the buildings.

2.It's been said already but I'll say it again. Make Generic AI paths so they can move seamlessly through the buildings.

3.Make some different material walls and such. (Concrete, brick, etc.)

4.Make it destructible in some form or another. Some sort of damage effects would be great.

5.Take into consideration slopes. Perhaps beams that attach directly to slopes leading up to the foundation.

6. Make some polishing with your model so there isn't as me cracks and crevices. (I know it's a pre-alpha but still XD)

7.Find a way to make buildings saveable in missions or give some slots to the editor specifically for saved buildings. (Not sure how to go about that.)

It's like Minecraft for Arma. I want to make a superbase with helicopters landing on the roof and stuff lol.

Edit. Apologies for reiterating anything you've already covered. I was so excited I failed to read all the posts!!!

Thanks!

Let me clear some things up for you... :)

1. Already considered and in my list of end goals.

2. AI were always considered from the beginning. That said, I haven't tested this yet so I won't hold my breath. ;)

3. More objects will be created once I've laid down some solid base code. The option to upgrade already built objects will also be added.

4. I've thought a lot about this and still haven't decided which route to take. I will spark up discussion on this subject when the time comes.

5. Already considered with foundations and supports. This will be tested further on different gradients to find the limit of what looks best.

6. Not entirely sure what you mean by this... ?

7. Saving in missions should be simple unless I run into some unknown issue. I will be adding randomly generated cabin support via an editor module of some kind.

No need to apologise... As stated in my OP, it's just a brief description of what is possible, and everyone has the right to show their interest and ask questions. I'm currently in the process of writing a full featured post for more clarity. :)

I have a suggestion for a feature. Make it where mission makers can put down a module and define variables within its init to determine its dimensions (height, width, entrances, etc.) and make it build a building based off of those variables. Plus, if the mission maker doesnt define any of the variables or some of them, they will be randomized. Maybe also make editor objects for templates like a wall segment or a small, one-story cabin.

Very impressive... One of the most incredible feature I've seen for OFP/ARMA games.

When I saw you work I came back to my very old idea for a mod...

Since OFP I have always known that ‘Robinson Crusoe’ like gameplay would have large gaming potential. Nowadays, crafting, building and survival gameplay is very popular – MineCraft , DayZ mod... Seeing Arma 3 potential – inventory, rich underwater environment, improved graphics, physics engine and others...-I’ve started to rethink my idea of a mod which is set in Robinson Crusoe book scenery (I think those times would be better for gameplay than the modern times). Almost every needed feature has been already done in OFP-ARMA 1 and 2. I must say that your work could be called a "mile stone" feature...

Popular these days cooperative survival game will attract many players. Large tropical island, shipwrecks full of needed items, object crafting, food gathering and farming, building, wild animals to hunt and be afraid of, ancient temples hidden deep in the jungle with quests and adventures to push game action forward, pirates and cannibals etc... As we know BIS islands can be huge so many players could play on the same island and create own groups without owercrowding the whole place.

Anyway, great work!!

6. Not entirely sure what you mean by this... ?

I meant to say, the example video had models with odd spaces at the bottom where it meets the foundation. Very small thing but i just needs a little adjustment.

I think one word is enough to discribe it:

AWESOME!!!

Is there a possibility for you to introduce other materials like "metal", "stone" and "concrete"?

Edited by Coding

But..Arma...Minecraft...Wow.

Its people like you that keep Arma from being just another game.

I am going to watch this closely.. It will make games so much fun to build forts and FOB's (assuming you add more materials)

looking awesome nerdmod.

I think it would be a good idea to start providing for variations of the same type of piece as it would break up the the repetition you're getting with only one variation. Once I'm done with my M16 pack ill gladly help out making some more detailed models for this.

Also, having the option to move the camera into an overhead view would help alleviate the awkward placing while still inside problem that was evident in the video ( at 1 min in particular). Love the work nerdmod keep it up.

That is really sweet.

As for multilayer, could you not add each item to a database similar to how wasteland building is done?

Brilliant! Be interesting to see where you take it.

Mondkalb did something similar years ago that I had hoped to see expanded upon, dont know if your familiar with it, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?111219-MBG-Creationism .

Hey Pathetic_Berserker,

Cheers for the link! I actually have never come across any construction scripts, but then I never really searched. I'm also surprised however that I've never seen the work of Mondkalb. Believe it or not my first attempt's were actually based on the same system. I didn't get as far as he did though because I wanted something more solid and less fiddly. That said, please don't take that as me dis-crediting his work... His script clearly works, and works well. I have the utmost respect for anyone attempting such ambitious projects. :)

I also like that he actually put some effort into the name 'Creationism'. I like that! ;)