Sign in to follow this  
12inchplastictoy

Target locking / tagging script assigned to secondary mouse button / RMB

Hi all,

I'm currently designing a scope, which would have a target tagging / locking functionality.

I already figured out the functions I want to apply to that target... but I need help to know how to:

1. Assign the target lock / laser painting to the RMB (right mouse button);
  2. Return the target object, so that I may pass its visiblePosition/getPosASL to my functions.

So it's pretty much like the target-and-lock system of most rocket/missile launchers in the game (hold RMB on the target until target is locked), but I would like to write it myself in order to customise the UI elements and such (different "lock on" icons, colours, etc...).

But this seems like such a basic question, I assume that I found my answer at some point in my searches but it went completely over my head...

From what I found:

I'm guessing answer #1 has to do with event handlers, and #2... well I'm trying to avoid writing a dirty targeting function since it seems to be already implemented.

Thanks in advance for your help!

As this is my first post ever here, I'll pop out the usual disclaimer:

Aye, I scoured these forums (from A1 to A3), BIKI, and many other websites to find elements of answer before posting. I also went through every A3 and A2OA's PBO's in the hope to find a script from BIS linked to any of their rocket launchers or aircrafts, unbinned config files, downloaded a cakeload of mods to study similarities, and bothered friends more experienced in scripting than I.