Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Hello!

I know Arma 3 gets released tomorrow morning, what all do you have to do to get it updated?

I know theres a couple more attachments (This means I will need to disable almost all of my Weapon Mods haha)

So those might need new images and stuff.

So far I can only think of a couple of broken stuff (That being the most annoying, along with waiting for missions to update if they have any wierd changes that need to be made, UAVS! lol!)

Are you sure the 160th's goggles were adjusted properly for you? 10 years ago they were using the same stuff I was using 10 years ago and use now (AN/AVS-9), and they're designed to be worn so that you see a circle with a FOV of 40 degrees. You can adjust them so that you get an oblong FOV, but you will have a monsterous headache within an hour due to eyestrain. One reason it may have seemed like it gave you more SA is because the -9s are Gen 3 and much clearer in any given light than the -6s, which reacted much slower.

Other than the oblong FOV (which I can deal with due to the constraints of how we see games on monitors), the DCS videos that always get posted are about as close to how it really is. Something either Tao or I bring up and then agree it hasn't been feasible in the Arma/OFP game engines.

Hanging around the pad the opportunity to check it out became available a couple times. I do not recall doing much other than sticking them to my eyes. Obviously the clarity/range was much better as you mentioned. I assume you are correct in them not having been adjusted properly. Knowing some of those guys, perhaps adjusted to instill yet more jealousy. :)

Thank you for your answer on my doubts about resting Tao. :D

I'm really curios to see how this (and a lot other) Mod will develop now that the game is out.

Yay!

does anyone know if this mod works with the NATO/Spetznaz weapon pack?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160599-NATO-SF-and-Russian-Spetsnaz-WEAPONS-for-A3

I really hope so because I like these weapons much better then the stock weapons in arma 3, if someone could let me know I would appreciate it and if there is not support is there any plan to do so?

This is actually something I thought about quite a bit. The issue is technical. In a perfect world, only the area inside the scope view would be magnified, and the rest would be normal (the so-called PiP approach). This isn't currently possible at acceptable performance levels in Arma 3's engine. So instead the entire view has to zoom, which means that you get magnification of an area outside the 9 degrees or so FOV of the optic. In reality, that area would of course not be zoomed -- but you can still see it at 1x, and detect motion at a distance and such. That's why I went with a blur and darkening -- you can still make out motion and figures, but you can't see clearly. It's not authentic, but it's roughly equivalent to realistic limitations.

Hello there

ta for the reply.

Having had a good play with them, I think you've implemented them very well, and after a few mins my own "issues" were swept away. I understand there are limitations and you have come to a good compromise.

Your mod is now on my "essentials" list. Thanks for your work, keep it up!

Rgds

LoK

You had to make every "feature" an independent item on the expasions menu? Quite annoying when you want do dis\enable them for MP or SP.

Anyway, good mod.

does anyone know if this mod works with the NATO/Spetznaz weapon pack?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160599-NATO-SF-and-Russian-Spetsnaz-WEAPONS-for-A3

I really hope so because I like these weapons much better then the stock weapons in arma 3, if someone could let me know I would appreciate it and if there is not support is there any plan to do so?

Yup it works fine, just add the scopes to the weapon you want to use, it wont affect the mods inbuilt ones though.

Rgds

LoK

You had to make every "feature" an independent item on the expasions menu? Quite annoying when you want do dis\enable them for MP or SP.

Anyway, good mod.

Its modular, that means folk get to choose what they want to use, Im all for it.

L

Yup it works fine, just add the scopes to the weapon you want to use, it wont affect the mods inbuilt ones though.

I'm confused by this answer. Why would one have to add a scope for this to work? My guess is he is wondering if the weapon resting works with other weapon mods which should have absolutely nothing to do with scopes.

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Anyway, good mod.

Yes, because it is modular and a great idea to create it this way. Not everyone wants all the features of this. I wish other mods would do things similarly.

I'm confused by this answer. Why would one have to add a scope for this to work? My guess is he is wondering if the weapon resting works with other weapon mods which should have absolutely nothing to do with scopes.

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Hello there

Let me unconfuzzle you.

The Nato and Russian SF mod ships with its own scopes, which are not affected by this mod. There are however new 2d custom scopes (see first post) in this mod, and I thought he was referring to those. He can use the new 2d scopes on the nato/russ sf weapons.

Regardless the weapon resting and bipods work just fine.

Rgds

LoK

NVG doesn't works on scopes while they used to with regular 3d scopes.

Fix pls.

Also i have no idea how to read the new scopes ranges and stuff,is it possible to use default scopes in your layout ?

NVG doesn't works on scopes while they used to with regular 3d scopes.

Fix pls.

Vanilla ones need fix; You are not suppose to use scopes and NVG, that is why you have dedicated scopes for that.

How do I go about using the Arco and RCO sights? mil dot not working but aimpoint is, sorry if been answered already have not had time to check all posts.

2d sights are a bit laggy for me. what res is the texture for the 2d scopes?

---------- Post added at 01:18 ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 ----------

...and who have I talk to about subsonic ammo? I' mean existing implementation of suppresors is joke, at least sound-wise. But if that will be adressed in future there will be a need for that pffft So mb puting in some subsonic rounds huh?

I'm really having trouble using the PCML properly. My missile always flies too high and lands further away from my target.

Weird thing is, it was fine when I first tried it in the PCML training. But after that, the missiles were just not hitting. What am I doing wrong..? :(

there seems to be some issues with triple monitor resolutions and the new scopes. Here's a shot from playing at 4800x900

0DE4136D29665A8ED7DEDB03DB4AC7B59F104A70

I'm new to TMR, so I apologize if I ask questions that have already been answer. I think I only have two.

1) is it possible to list which pbo matches to what feature? Some of them are self explanatory, while others I'm not sure about. Just found the About TMR section on your webpage.

2) is it possible to add weapons provided by another mod to the list of weapons that have bipods and thus can have them deployed?

Thanks.

Edited by GMJaken

hi im having a prblem here with the 2d scopes when i aim in its just a black outline, like u know the background is darken where its suppose to be but there is no scope just the black, anyone know how to fix it ?

A friend of mine has the same problem, tried all versions with 2d scopes up to 0.3.2. Not sure why it happens on only his computer. He's using a Asus Geforce Titan card.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176250282

First off, great addon. Thanks for that. ;)

Didn't read through the whole thread so sorry for that, but I was wondering if the insane traveling effect while lying down with bipod equipped weapons could be eliminated? Try the Lynx with SOS scope and lie down. The sway takes you all over the country side and you don't really feel like a marksman/sniper.

With your bipods out I noticed its still there if maybe a little less. So I wondered if that's something you can get to and tone down more (or eliminate), but keep the oscillation/vibration that comes now and then? I really do like the vibrations but you might not be able to eliminate just the sway without removing that effect too.

Keep up the great work. :)

there seems to be some issues with triple monitor resolutions and the new scopes. Here's a shot from playing at 4800x900

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/582377886134834205/0DE4136D29665A8ED7DEDB03DB4AC7B59F104A70/

Huh, that shouldn't be happening. I'll try to see if it's a TMR issue, but I don't have such a setup to test on...

First off, great addon. Thanks for that. ;)

Didn't read through the whole thread so sorry for that, but I was wondering if the insane traveling effect while lying down with bipod equipped weapons could be eliminated? Try the Lynx with SOS scope and lie down. The sway takes you all over the country side and you don't really feel like a marksman/sniper.

With your bipods out I noticed its still there if maybe a little less. So I wondered if that's something you can get to and tone down more (or eliminate), but keep the oscillation/vibration that comes now and then? I really do like the vibrations but you might not be able to eliminate just the sway without removing that effect too.

Keep up the great work. :)

What you're seeing is not so much sway, as the model itself twitching as part of its idle animations.

The model twitches aren't really the problem. The problem is that the magnification of the SOS is abosolutely, preposterously high for a combat scope. It's probably higher than a benchrest scope -- feels like looking through a spotting scope to me. It's just nuts. In reality at the SOS's current magnification if you were touching your rifle, your resting heartbeat alone would make the scope bounce (not just tremble, which becomes visible as early as 14x or so).

On my fix list.

The animated 2D reticles are causing a lot of issues in fringe configs and of course don't work with the FOV increased. I'm evaluating a few other possibilities.

Huh, that shouldn't be happening. I'll try to see if it's a TMR issue, but I don't have such a setup to test on...

No worries. I'll dig around on my end and see if I'm messed something up r changing something fixes it.

The triple monitor issue is just a problem with how the scaling is being done. It should be resolved by using safeZoneXAbs and safeZoneWAbs in place of safeZoneX and safeZoneW.

In triple monitor setups the non "Abs" versions of these functions return the size of the middle monitor, not the entire display. This is useful for placing UI elements in the correct place, but will not scale "whole display" items (like the 2D scopes) correctly.

Hey, sorry if this has already been answered, (lots of pages to go through, Im having trouble deploying my bipod, everything else seems to work, I get the little sand bag icon when im up against a wall or car etc, but I just can't get the bipod to work, I saw some where you press tab to do it but that does nothing

Edited by Godfathers Revenge

I dunno much about all this mod stuff, but The mod "VTS simple weapon resting" seems to have the bipod sway issues sorted out pretty well. I actually have the weapon sway module for TMR disabled and just use VTS for my bipod needs