Not been testing much since release (RLife stuff in getting in the way) and tried the Infantry Showcase and was dismayed to see the "switch to pistol at incredible stupid times" has crept back in;-( Anyone else getting this? God I hope it's an isolated blip.....

cheers

@LiquitHQ

Did you read my post just above yours? ;)

/KC

yeah sorry that I referred to you former post :p ... I only just hope the devs pick this up as it starts to piss me off :cool: "not really" anyway I just can't release a mission with the intend to go in black op with the solo purpose to have a low profile and being spotted every single try out of the mission, people will get rather frustrated then entertained if you ask me and that is about the point. Anyway I see a good lot of reports already plus the comments here, I only hope the devs will see the importance of this and find some solutions in the near future...

as it stands now: The only blackop mission I see succeeding now is one where you are not allowed to engage the enemy at all :p

eg. steal the car at night wo being spotted or something "rofl"

best of regards

This repro shows no that there are reaction from AI when spotting dead bodies. Something in the code do react since when he is ~40 m away and got LOS the (in this case) "Detected by OPFOR" trigger as it should.

Expected behavior would be that the AI spotting a dead body switched from safe mode to danger/aware and moved closer to the body then start to look around for enemies.

http://keycat.no-ip.com/files/A3_AI_Detect_Dead_Bodies.zip

Repro steps (Veteran with AI skill = 0.70):

1. At mission start go prone directly and silently kill the guard 20 m to NE.

2. Hide inside the house to E and wait ~2-3 min until alarm triggers.

3. Switch to splendid camera and locate the other AI walking down the road to NW and you will see he could not bother reacting and will just walk past the body.

Would also be nice to have at least one class like specops, scout etc. that can hide bodies like we always had in OFP/A1/A2. Having the ability to drag the dead body to hide it would be great but even the "old school" menu option would be better than nothing :)

Edit: msy already made a ticket for same/similar issue so I'm gonna use this one as well...

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14736

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

They will run even under heavy fire if you tell them to "hold fire", maybe "disengage", and make sure they are "aware" mode, and then give "move" waypoint.

If the danger is over, but they are still crouching and running from cover to cover, just order them to "disengage"(usually not needed) and be "aware", or "relax" if you are not in a hurry.

The "disengage" command has no effect until a unit ordered to "disengage" is in engagement with an enemy. That is, the unit has to be ordered to engage a target. Otherwise there is no effect of the command at all.

Also, behaviour commands (safe, aware) seem to have no effect on the time it takes to AI to end the "danger mode". It has only effect when no enemy is known in an area.

The "diamond" and "file" formations are the only means of speeding your AI units in the danger mode (under fire).

The "disengage" command has no effect until a unit ordered to "disengage" is in engagement with an enemy. That is, the unit has to be ordered to engage a target. Otherwise there is no effect of the command at all.

Also, behaviour commands (safe, aware) seem to have no effect on the time it takes to AI to end the "danger mode". It has only effect when no enemy is known in an area.

The "diamond" and "file" formations are the only means of speeding your AI units in the danger mode (under fire).

In the case of squad leader getting killed, and you taking over the lead, "disengage" is useful.

"Hold fire" is still the most effective way to stop them turning and stopping and trying to shoot back. And if they are ordered to be in "stealth" (or "combat") mode, "aware" is the way to go. They'll be in "danger mode" when needed, but because they are told not to shoot back, they won't stop and shoot when they know the enemy.

Usually I don't have any problems getting them back using the default formation.

AI accuracy is still insane. Fix that first then we can talk about other things. Why even bother playing against them if they take 1 second to stop and shoot? AI obviously doesn't suffer from fatigue, recoil or any other player limitations. Even the best players would have a hard time lining up a shot like that after running. Yet AI somehow does it instantly!

I play with AI skill level in difficulty settings at 0.6 (Eny & Friendly) didn't touch ARMA3.cfg and I find that is my sweet spot for AI accuracy

Something I am noticing with the AI that makes them seem like supermen when aiming is that if they spot you and you duck back into cover, they always know where you are and they don't "forget" you.

For instance I was playing a missions and crested a hill to engage and was injured and retreated back over the hill and about 400-500 meters perpendicular to the AI behind cover, a giant hill, and then had my AI squad advance and as soon as my squad opened up and the enemy AI went into aware mode again, they all engaged me and killed me in about a second even though I was prone, barely cresting the hill and hadn't fired a shot in 2-3 minutes.

It was like they didn't need to find me again, they just knew I was there and prioritized me over the 6-7 AI guys unloading on them. It also seems like the longer they "track" you or are aware of you and don't fire, the more accurate they become. So what happens is they are still "tracking" you so to speak and when they engage you they are deadly accurate no matter what their skill setting is. I've been noticing this behavior more and more and I think it ties into some of the issue's with the AI becoming aware of you through objects when you do certain things like kill an enemy that they shouldn't be aware of and such or the instantaneous knowledge of your exact position when you do kill another AI unit.

Edited by Windies

I noticed that "prioritizing" too, but I thought maybe it was an accident, or my imagination. Me and 3 AI guys were attacking some compound with 5+ enemy AI, as soon I shot 1 of the guys, they all started targeting me.

Since i had a big rock for cover, I just rolled back behind it, my teammates were all prone completely in the open around me, but hostiles just kept pouring bullets on the rock i was behind, while my mg gunner was casually mowing them down.

I play with AI skill level in difficulty settings at 0.6 (Eny & Friendly) didn't touch ARMA3.cfg and I find that is my sweet spot for AI accuracy

It works in solo but if you try to play on a coop mission with no respawn/revive... you're game is finish after 5 minutes.

We really have to be able to set the skill of AI on the server side. Right now we're not playing A3 because of that.

Are the pre release AI fixes back yet? If not, are they ever going to? Honestly I am worried of never seeing them again so :S

It works in solo but if you try to play on a coop mission with no respawn/revive... you're game is finish after 5 minutes.

We really have to be able to set the skill of AI on the server side. Right now we're not playing A3 because of that.

you can set the skill of the AI on the server.

you can set the skill of the AI on the server.

I didn't know that, it's not working for us if we do exactly the same as Arma2.

AI accuracy is still insane. Fix that first then we can talk about other things. Why even bother playing against them if they take 1 second to stop and shoot? AI obviously doesn't suffer from fatigue, recoil or any other player limitations. Even the best players would have a hard time lining up a shot like that after running. Yet AI somehow does it instantly!

Bullshit. Of course AI suffer from recoil. Never seen any proof about fatigue either way.

And dev branch already turned down AI accuracy, almost too much. Not sure whether the 1.0 downgrade temporarily removed it or not.

AI accuracy is dependent on aiming skill, weapon config, but also recoil and fatigue. Additionally on dev branch, they have new aiming error implemented, which is based on recent activities (moving, turning etc).

does that mean all the AI changes are back now? because it still feels like an old version of the AI and the changelogs don't say anything about all the good AI stuff being added back in.

does that mean all the AI changes are back now? because it still feels like an old version of the AI and the changelogs don't say anything about all the good AI stuff being added back in.

It still feels off. Not like before. Not sure if everything is back.

Indeed it doesn't feels like the old-new-AI.

Not the first time these "rollbacks" miss something, among other things, Helos FM were once forgotten in the transition from Dev to Stable.

I'm now playing with skill at zero in the game settings and can't make out much difference. AI Still do those two shots in the melon from 400 meters out.

Does the skill option under game settings have any function at all currently?

Or is it now all based on the skill set by the mission maker?

I also get the feeling of AI prioritizing the player as a target as soon you reveal yourself with running or opening fire.

Even though I'm 100-150 meters behind my friendly AIs advance, the enemy still target me.

I also get the feeling of AI prioritizing the player as a target as soon you reveal yourself with running or opening fire.

Even though I'm 100-150 meters behind my friendly AIs advance, the enemy still target me.

I've noticed this since OFP.

I pray for a day when AI will be finally able to take cover properly AND quickly without the stupid robotic dance before it.

Right now they face wrong directions too often (hiding on the wrong side of an object) and it takes them so much time to decide when to go prone or where to hide - the most horrible thing about their "thinking in process" is that they just keep standing before they decide.

I have been waiting for years for the solution for this problem.

I pray for a day when AI will be finally able to take cover properly AND quickly without the stupid robotic dance before it.

Right now they face wrong directions too often (hiding on the wrong side of an object) and it takes them so much time to decide when to go prone or where to hide - the most horrible thing about their "thinking in process" is that they just keep standing before they decide.

I have been waiting for years for the solution for this problem.

This. If that would be fixed along with an ability to somehow make the AI sprint back to formation/to a point/to a vehicle even if they are in danger mode, it will be a game changer.