Sign in to follow this  
Cunico

Hidden Identity Pack v1.

-If you put it as goggles, then you would be double layering shades.

Joke: You should just punch yourself in the head ;). No, if you put it in the goggles slot like it is now than you can't equip goggles while you wear the shemaghs or hoods etc. Also, getting ready to update...I fixed the texture problem and added white, and black tactical hoods. Also changed the name of the AOR1 to AOR2. Before I release this update though I am going to make some eyepro at least 2 of them.

Edited by Cunico

If possible you should put the ones with eyepro in the NVG slot so you can have headgear and eypro+the face shemagh. Especially since you wouldn't be wearing sunglasses at the same time you're wearing NVGs.

If possible you should put the ones with eyepro in the NVG slot so you can have headgear and eypro+the face shemagh. Especially since you wouldn't be wearing sunglasses at the same time you're wearing NVGs.

Good idea. I second this idea.

I was going to put the Eyepro on the tactical hoods. For now, but than as I progress put them in on the shemaghs and such. I'm making them separate from the tactical hoods so you wear them as goggles or when you wear the tactical hoods you will equip them. Up for ideas though.

---------- Post added at 02:56 ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 ----------

Oh man... I just messed that up hahaha I meant it you put it as a headgear! I swear! :D

Lol, its cool man no worries.

Honestly I dont understand why nvgs dont just go in the goggles slot now, but i guess thats offtopic.

Hey Cunico. FYI I managed to get Kiory's balaclava working in the NV goggles slot. It was actually fairly simple. Happy to share with you the config code I used.

jgHBTcm.jpg

Hey Cunico. FYI I managed to get Kiory's balaclava working in the NV goggles slot. It was actually fairly simple. Happy to share with you the config code I used.
Yay!!!

http://i.imgur.com/jgHBTcm.jpg

Hey that would be awsome, have not had much time to release any goggles for this MOD but as soon as I get time from work I will. I think as soon as I convert them to the NVG slot I will release the next update. I have added an additonal 5 textures.

Please don't :( It will prevents the player from wearing NVGs just to use it - everyone will just not use it for this reason. Also, one will lose the ability to customize it in the player profile.

Please don't :( It will prevents the player from wearing NVGs just to use it - everyone will just not use it for this reason. Also, one will lose the ability to customize it in the player profile.

Maybe there could be an option to do both, that way the people who want to use say, for example NVGs+shemagh can and the people who want combat goggles+shemagh can as well.

I agree with DarkWanderer about keeping it out of the NVG slot. Unless there is a way of being able to use it in the NVG or Goggles slot at the same time? (I doubt it) Then you could have a shemag + face mask on at the same time. Maybe I'm just in cucko land.

Please don't :( It will prevents the player from wearing NVGs just to use it

Strictly speaking that's not true. It treats them as nv goggles. so even though you arent visibly wearing any, you'll get nv if you press 'N'.

There is no perfect solution to this problem. Personally I think the nv goggles slot is the best solution with what we have. Cunico could if he wanted leave the glasses slot version in his config to offer choice but it does mean its doubling up

I noticed in the config, there is a proxyEarphones... can we abuse that in some way to achieve balaclava/shemagh/etc + headgear + nvg + googles?

Does the A3 Character support the proxyEarphones? Anyone know that?

Edited by Tupolov

Strictly speaking that's not true. It treats them as nv goggles. so even though you arent visibly wearing any, you'll get nv if you press 'N'.

There is no perfect solution to this problem. Personally I think the nv goggles slot is the best solution with what we have. Cunico could if he wanted leave the glasses slot version in his config to offer choice but it does mean its doubling up

Yes, I agree there is no perfect solution - unless BIS adds a separate slot for the facewear.

However, IMHO, doing that would be creating several other problems by fixing one. For example:

1. NV Goggles would no longer be visible, as you already said.
  2. Many scripts can possibly break (because they check for NVGoggles item specifically)
  3. (my guess)Wearing one will require you to pick it up each mission/each respawn - which means it can be used only in missions specifically designed for it

For me, having goggles on top of the facewear does not outweigh the shortfalls :) Since making two variants is indeed not practical, I opt for the old one. At the moment the mod feels realy polished and non-intrusive - changing it to NV slot will break that.

That's up to Cunico to decide, OFC. But I'd stick with the old version then - it's awesome enough :D

Edited by DarkWanderer

Yes, I agree there is no perfect solution - unless BIS adds a separate slot for the facewear.

However, IMHO, doing that would be creating several other problems by fixing one. For example:

1. NV Goggles would no longer be visible, as you already said.
  2. Many scripts can possibly break (because they check for NVGoggles item specifically)
  3. (my guess)Wearing one will require you to pick it up each mission/each respawn - which means it can be used only in missions specifically designed for it

For me, having goggles on top of the facewear does not outweigh the shortfalls :) Since making two variants is indeed not practical, I opt for the old one. At the moment the mod feels realy polished and non-intrusive - changing it to NV slot will break that.

That's up to Cunico to decide, OFC. But I'd stick with the old version then - it's awesome enough :D

It's not that impractical to have different variants. Eyewear, headwear, and NVslot versions. Tripling up, sure, but that's the most diverse way. And I still suggest combining the headwrap and face shemagh to make one headgear... That'd be nice.

NV Goggles would no longer be visible, as you already said.

Yes, then it comes down to whats more important to most people. Being able to visibly see nv goggles on your head or having the flexibility to wear helmets, glasses and face masks together

Many scripts can possibly break (because they check for NVGoggles item specifically)

Theyre not going to break theyre just not going to pick them up if theyre specifically looking for the nvgoggles. That's pretty short sighted if people are doing that anyway since im sure someone at some point will make custom nv goggles. Besides a simple change in config to use isKindOf would resolve that

(my guess)Wearing one will require you to pick it up each mission/each respawn - which means it can be used only in missions specifically designed for it

Basically you are saying its not selectable via profile selection. True but that's not really a big deal is it? By using the nv goggles slot it free's up the glasses slot allowing you to choose whatever glasses you prefer in your profile. User missions can of course override all of this. Which is the main use of these mods anyway.

For me, having goggles on top of the facewear does not outweigh the shortfalls :)

Fair enough, everyone here is entitled to a view and you make some valid points but I personally still think nv goggles presents the best option for most scenarios. Again just my view of course and I respect yours :)

making two variants is indeed not practical

Well I wouldn't say its not practical. As I mentioned it offers choice. It just means it will be possible to double equip them in two different slots and create weird combinations :D

Edited by pomigit

proxyEarphones is the way to go ;) and then config in a new inventory slot...

As I said, anyone know if such a proxy exists in the A3 character model? It is included in the config.cpp for A3.

Well, opinions are opinions, but the fact remains - it will create a few bugs and decrease the overall quality of the mod (which is great at the moment).

As for this:

Basically you are saying its not selectable via profile selection. True but that's not really a big deal is it? By using the nv goggles slot it free's up the glasses slot allowing you to choose whatever glasses you prefer in your profile. User missions can of course override all of this. Which is the main use of these mods anyway.

My main use-case is to play random missions downloaded from Steam/ArmAholic - solo or with friends. Having to edit each mission to use the mod effectively nullifies the mod's value - I'll just go rampant and disable it after tenth mission :)

So, if it's changed in later versions, I'll just stick with version 2.5 (current). Dixi.

Edited by DarkWanderer

the fact remains - it will create a few bugs and decrease the overall quality of the mod (which is great at the moment).

I'm pretty sure that's still just your opinion :D

I'm pretty sure that's still just your opinion :D

Nope, it's a fact. When something already exists, and then new problems are introduced (even if someone considers them insignificant) - it's called "quality was reduced" ;)

*Updated the First post with updated link

Please check the readme files for the recent updates to this pack, but quick and dirty I fixed some models and added some new textures etc. I'm not going to do anything further with this until the full release of the game because they have shemaghs and such in Arma 3. I guess we will just go from there, when I am able to compare and use the slots that they used.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jdn7f1oely7tc5l/%40HiddenIdentityPackv3.zip

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!