Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

What happens when the tank fails and now you have to go out on foot? :cool:

Anyways, maybe ask if you can use a template of the harness? Or just make one exactly like it....

Added: So I tried out 1.2 and It's okay. (Still my favorite mod by a lot.) Not crazy about the whole officer uniform reskin but I will accept it if something far better is in the works. I wish I knew how to model!!!

Officer unifrom was just to have something not really meant for combat.

I do not know when I'll update that unifrom, but I sure don't feel like I've completed its texture.

Might be able to release a 1.3 version later today.

I noticed that the units actually do not respawn with gear in MP with my current config, so I fixed that.

great job Alex:).

Just one question,where have you got not binarized independant vest p3D.?

great job Alex :).

Just one question,where have you got not binarized independant vest p3D.?

I have not unbinarized anything as that would go against BIS rules.

As of now it's just a temporary solution to change the textures untill I can get hiddenselections to work. Or untill there are custom vests to use.

Edited by AlexVestin

ok,so i don't understand why my texture don't work:confused:

ok,so i don't understand why my texture don't work:confused:

You can't change the texture on the independent vest without editing model, it's not set up for hiddenselections

Any luck on fixing the issue with placing the units down and the game crashing in regular build? I noticed in the last update, it was still doing the same thing.

Any luck on fixing the issue with placing the units down and the game crashing in regular build? I noticed in the last update, it was still doing the same thing.

I noticed it too just recently on the Dev build that the game crashed. I don't really know what causes it, since I have not updated anything that could lead to that.

Only crashed for me in the editor. Could play MP with a few buds for hours straight.

I noticed it too just recently on the Dev build that the game crashed. I don't really know what causes it, since I have not updated anything that could lead to that.

Only crashed for me in the editor. Could play MP with a few buds for hours straight.

It must only work in the Development Build then. I just tried in multiplayer with no luck. It still crashes as soon as the game starts.

It must only work in the Development Build then. I just tried in multiplayer with no luck. It still crashes as soon as the game starts.

Been playing on both builds with this, still no issue on multiplayer or editor. It may be a clash with another mod?

How did you retexture those uniforms without using Hidden Selections? Or did you use them?

How did you retexture those uniforms without using Hidden Selections? Or did you use them?

The most common uniforms are re-textured using hidden selections. It's just some things that are missing it.

Sitrep.

Working on quite alot of different things right now, but all to be included in this pack.

Updates might be slow. Altough it'll be worth the wait.

Edited by AlexVestin

Working on quite alot of different things right now, but all to be included in this pack.

Updates might be slow. Altough it'll be worth the wait.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy. Can't wait. :notworthy:

Been playing on both builds with this, still no issue on multiplayer or editor. It may be a clash with another mod?

I figured out the problem. ACRE seems to cause some type of error when using your units. When ACRE is activated, it automatically replaces all unit's handheld radio with the PRC 343. This must cause some sort of glitch which crashes the game. I assume the same thing will happen when ACRE is officially released for ARMA 3 as well.

Right, did you use the Hidden selections for all of the uniforms?

All but the officers uniform. Using hiddenselections on that will only change their shirt, not their pants since the pants uses the texture from the standard independent combatunifrom.

I figured out the problem. ACRE seems to cause some type of error when using your units. When ACRE is activated, it automatically replaces all unit's handheld radio with the PRC 343. This must cause some sort of glitch which crashes the game. I assume the same thing will happen when ACRE is officially released for ARMA 3 as well.

Well. I am using ACRE. Still only the automatic rifleman who crashes the game when killed, though.

Edited by AlexVestin

Right.. so I do not understand how you managed to re-texture that officers uniform? Since only the pants are hidden selected from the standard Independent Uniform

Well. I am using ACRE. Still only the automatic rifleman who crashes the game when killed, though.

I really have no idea why its causing the issue then. It isn't just me either. Everyone I have spoken to has had the same issue. The only reason I brought up ACRE was because it was the only addon that had an effect on it when I disabled my addons. I'll continue to test it and see if I'm missing something.

I updated this to get new stuff out there and hopefully some positive feedback.

Have been busy working and had little time to update these, but lots have been done since the last version. The weapons are probably the most noticable. Still much work in progress, and more fixes will be made.

It's updated to 1.3:

-Got rid of mod dependencies.

-Fixed automatic rifleman crashing the game

-Added new weapons (with FHQ support)

-Added M9

-Added M4

-Added M16A4

-Added M249

-Added Mk12

-Added AT4

-All new weapons have custom sounds

-Added AN/PVS-7 (NVG)

-Added backpacks

-Added temporary weaponbox

-Removed EBR

Edited by AlexVestin

What a nice surprise. I love your units (that could sound bad taken out of context). Did you make the new weapons yourself?

What a nice surprise. I love your units (that could sound bad taken out of context). Did you make the new weapons yourself?

Me and Stiltman have worked on them. He's been of much help! He did most of the config work/animations while I cleaned up some models and textures.

Still lots of stuff to fix, though :)

It's BIS weapon sample models from ArmA1, so textures will probably change and get updated more later. The sounds are worth hearing! Thought they sounded pretty good. Especially the m249.

Edited by AlexVestin

Now if someone would just make some Taliban units...... *hint*

Now if someone would just make some Taliban units...... *hint*

There are tutorials all over the place...... *hint*

Just got to try it out, can't seem to add any attachments to the weapons, not even the standard BIS accessories.