Sign in to follow this  
Sonny_Boy

Skeeko's U.S. Army

Hey all, a little while ago I started a modification for the US Army in ArmA 2, today I am restarting the project for ArmA 3. It will be Multicam this time and will be with the 'Green' army gear. The project will have the same goal as the previous one, it will hopefully cover vehicles, weapons and units.

Dropbox image archive: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tq1j976hb4vwpci/MgVhDhD2yL

2013_06_22_00008.jpg2013_06_22_00009.jpg2013_06_22_00010.jpg

I will actually finish this project and I will try to update frequently.

Thanks to:

AlexVestin, Awesome Multicam Texture

EvenLease, Testing

Everyone who recommends stuff to make the addon even better

- Skeeko

Edited by skeeko1337
Credits

Looks good! The multicam swatch looks a tad bit large to me. Other than that, good job. :)

I actually have some army textures for the green army gear too. Mines UCP camo, though. Figured I wasn't alone doing it =p

Little update, darkened the Multicam and added dirt\mud. I also am working on the vest texture. Also removed the flag on the left. I will lower the size of the multicam, it takes a while to cut out the pockets on the camo.

If you request anything or see something wrong just post here :)

2013_06_24_00002.jpg2013_06_24_00003.jpg

2013_06_24_00004.jpg2013_06_24_00005.jpg

- Skeeko

Have you used the mtp camo of google images?

Have you used the mtp camo of google images?

read above:

"AlexVestin, Awesome Multicam Texture"

Combat shirt's looking nice. There appears to be some normal mapping left over on the left sleeve, where the flag used to be. Or is that a 3D mesh?

"AlexVestin, Awesome Multicam Texture"

Best. Multicam. Swatch. Evarr.

Combat shirt's looking nice. There appears to be some normal mapping left over on the left sleeve, where the flag used to be. Or is that a 3D mesh?

Can't modify 3D models and normal maps by using the hidden selection methods.

The flags and patches on this Unit are all 3D mesh, unfortunately. I´ve used the patch on the left side as a sort of ISAF style patch in my feeble attempts at reskinning these. Maybe turn it into some sort of EUFOR or Combat Team patch?

The flags and patches on this Unit are all 3D mesh, unfortunately. I´ve used the patch on the left side as a sort of ISAF style patch in my feeble attempts at reskinning these. Maybe turn it into some sort of EUFOR or Combat Team patch?

Ah, I see. How about a Blood Type/Medicinal Allergen patch? :)

For example "AB NEG - NKDA".

Blood%20types.JPG

Edited by Laqueesha

In your config instead of Vest_Base you need to have Vest_Camo_Base

@brad7

So that gets rid of the error, but I have also heard that some hidden selections on the vest are not available (i.e. the camo pouches on the back), have you found a fix for that?

Thank you brad7, it worked. I will get the infantry part of this mod out as soon as possible.

@Skeeko

We can definitely wait for whatever else you have in the works for us! Just focus on the infantry right now haha

if you can take the multicam texture off the sections of the vest that are mesh and also off any parts of the gear like the strap holding the drop leg holster to the belt and replace them with a matte coyote brown color that would make it look better in my opinion. other than that i think they look great.

This is gearing up to be a nicely done retexture. I can't wait to replace the MTP uniforms in the game with these!

@skeeko1337,

I really like your retexture and looking forward to the release. I was wondering if you will or if it is possible that you would have a ranger green camo vest included with the multicam versions? I think ranger green would go very well with your units, including coyote tan.