kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

I can't access that site, but I take your word for it. About the llauma head, well, everything can be worked around. There might be a way to implement them into the vanilla heads with enough tinkering. Also, thanks for the help.

Ah, yes, I remember those photos. OK, I was asking for other patterns just in case. Glad to see that the russians seem to have finally settled for one. One of the problems with trying to recreate soviet and russian units is the amount of camo patterns those guys use.

Ok. If i right understand you need model of gazmask based on lauma head?

I try to talk with author of this gazmask and with author gp5. Wait 1-2 days please.

Say thanks for Joint Arma Team :)

Sorry for my bad english.

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

http://jat-arma.ucoz.com/_fr/0/9606144.jpg

About gasmask based on lauma head, it link work? Check please.

No, no. I would use the gas masks in the default OFP heads (the normal ones).

So, thanks to Joint Arma Team then!

EDIT: Ah, now I see. A very nice M40. Well, as I wrote below (before the edit) I just sent a request for the Farmland's one. Better wait for that one before asking someone else.

--

Just to let you all know that I've just sent a permission request to Cpt. FrostBite (the modeller of the M40 used in the units I created). He hasn't logged in for a few months, though.

Ok, i send tomorrow request with permission for you to author of GP5.

Thanks again.

--

The discrepancy in the multicam textures was actually caused by the wrinkles layer. It was slightly yellow colored in the SF version, while it was greyscale in the others. The multicam textures themselves where the same. It's now corrected (although I had to export as jpg, can't make my pngs to load up in TexView).

My question about that page was mostly about fair use.

Well, actually most of these patterns were created from pictures of actual camo'd uniforms. For example wz. 93 are cut from pictures I've got on my HDD, which came from surplus store and had their watermark - that explains weird distortion (author of this swatch was "cutting around" watermark areas). How this translates into legalispeak, I dunno. :)

Wasn't OFP CSLA public domain? Or was just that BRDM2 thing?

Nope, that was OFPL, Polish Army mod (and their BRDM). CSLA is Czechoslovak Army, a little farer to the south!

(although I had to export as jpg, can't make my pngs to load up in TexView).

I'd recommend using TexView2, the one for ArmA. Works for me no-problem (though, when transparency comes to play, I'm using PAATool).

Hi again Kenoxite.

I contact with author of GP-5 (SovietKoT). He give for you permissions for use model of gazmask.

Also, you can replace Russian/Soviet SF to Flora Digital. (I speak about Shadow Ops units in vanilla WW4)

I can give to you some photos of new russian equip in Crimea, you need that?

- Spirit.

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 ----------

UPD: what's about iron sights for weapons?

@krzy: Ooook... Acronyms + shoddy memory = embarrassing online moments. Here, have a smiley :lecture:

@ Spirit_JaT: Good to hear. Thank you both, guys. I'll check the model later and post what I come up with.

The digital flora units are done. Included are VDV, motorized rifle and GRU spetsnaz.

MFVhEkP.jpg

And here's an album with all the units: https://imgur.com/a/ZnFzd

The main difference between VDV and moto is the goggles and knee pads. The rest is the same. Also, all the digital flora units share the same textures. Tell me if the texture needs more work. I also had to tweak the helmet, as it seems the russians are using a slightly different one (no trim on the front, slightly more flat and short).

The iron sights isn't anything particularly special, and nothing that hasn't been done before. While it's implemented right now, I think I'll finally drop it. What it is? It allows you to switch from telescopic sights to ironsights for weapons with a mounted scope (with a PSO or an ACOG). As you can imagine, it works by replacing the weapon you're holding from a telescopic one to an ironsight version. This isn't perfect, though. Among other things, it can reset your ammunition count in certain conditions, which is a bit hacky. That's why I don't like it too much. But, as I've said it's currently working. If you guys really want this I can keep it. While it can give you full ammo from time to time it only affects players, not AI (I dont' allow them to use this feature), so the balancing issues this might cause is up to the player or mission maker after all.

Edited by kenoxite
video removed

Best russian VDV modern addon ever!!!! It's beautiful!

Last idea: rucksack with digital flora texture

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

I think, iron sights needed for realistic.

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

New info: Can you make GRU in two variants - flora digital and in camouflage using by FSB in ww4?

The digital flora units are done. Included are VDV, motorized rifle and GRU spetsnaz.

The main difference between VDV and moto is the goggles and knee pads. The rest is the same.

My proposition would be for Moto using a normal Flora vests (like the guy in this photo), and VDV using the "Russian Molle" in Digi-Flora (like here).

(Flora vest is already in WW4, \ww4_trp\re\mieq.pac)

While it can give you full ammo from time to time it only affects players, not AI (I dont' allow them to use this feature), so the balancing issues this might cause is up to the player or mission maker after all.

I'd say go for it, even if it's not finished. If even only one mission maker would find it useful, it's still better to have and don't use than to don't have and wish to have.

Hey, kenoxite.

I forgot about one detail, on Mi-24 and Ka-50 I can't lock ground target if i use AT rockets, so, on AH-64 it work normally.

This is feature or bug? I try use laser designator to strike armor but and this not help.

Let's see:

- Digital Flora rucksack: OK

- GRU Spetsnaz: digital flora is already done (as you can see in the album), so I guess you want another version with ratnik (?) camo, is that correct?

- More variations between VDV and moto: well, I went for the vanilla WW4 "canon", where the only difference between two branches that share the same pattern are those two I used (see WW4 UCP rangers vs regulars, same with BDU, etc). Before keep working on this I'd like to see if more people support this idea (Spirit_JaT?). For the record, while I used several photos as reference, this was the one I picked as the main one, as it's the only one I found where the t-shirt was visible and they didn't look like ninja turtles: http://static.businessinsider.com/image/53dad578eab8ea2d111b65e2/image.jpg

- Back up sight feature: OK, it seems you guys might make use of it. The only thing left to do would be adding support for more rifles (I stopped half-way) and more back up sight textures so they ressemble more the actual ones for each rifle. But I don't think I'll do the latter TBH.

- Laser designation: I haven't checked v0.9, but in v1.0 both the ka50 and mi24 are able to detect lasers already. The ka50 9K121 Vikhr is already able to lock on targets, but not the 9M113 KONKURS of the mi24. I will add laser lock-on capabilities to the konkurs then.

Let's see:

- Digital Flora rucksack: OK

- GRU Spetsnaz: digital flora is already done (as you can see in the album), so I guess you want another version with ratnik (?) camo, is that correct?

- More variations between VDV and moto: well, I went for the vanilla WW4 "canon", where the only difference between two branches that share the same pattern are those two I used (see WW4 UCP rangers vs regulars, same with BDU, etc). Before keep working on this I'd like to see if more people support this idea (Spirit_JaT?). For the record, while I used several photos as reference, this was the one I picked as the main one, as it's the only one I found where the t-shirt was visible and they didn't look like ninja turtles: http://static.businessinsider.com/image/53dad578eab8ea2d111b65e2/image.jpg

- Back up sight feature: OK, it seems you guys might make use of it. The only thing left to do would be adding support for more rifles (I stopped half-way) and more back up sight textures so they ressemble more the actual ones for each rifle. But I don't think I'll do the latter TBH.

- Laser designation: I haven't checked v0.9, but in v1.0 both the ka50 and mi24 are able to detect lasers already. The ka50 9K121 Vikhr is already able to lock on targets, but not the 9M113 KONKURS of the mi24. I will add laser lock-on capabilities to the konkurs then.

GRU: Don't remove Flora digital version but add version with ratnik camouflage, right. Well, maybe you need make rucksack in ratnik camouflage..

Infantry: krzychuzokecia is right. Motorizied inf. And VDV have some diffrents, he says about it.

You add iron sights, i right understand?

Alright then.

Yes, ironsights (the back up sight feature) will be available for the next update.

Kenoxite, thanks so much!

We with JaT like new Russian Army, but don't see good addons..

And now... You help us, big thanks!

No problem, glad you like it so far. Russian and soviet units were lacking in EXT, that's a fact. I decided to get hands on now, as it's actually the best time just before the 1.0 release.

Partisan Spetsnaz:

N9f3pnR.jpg

Figured you had in mind something like this, so I went for an alternate look for these units.

EDIT: And, yes, I know, I should revise the UV mapping of those hoods...

Edited by kenoxite
Partisan pattern > ratnik. It was not an error, it was a deliberate choice... yeah... that sounds convincing...

One correct this is not ratnik camouflage, this camouflage called SS Summer (SS Partisan)

Looks nice, edit one: rucksacks for this camouflage.

Yes, this is ratnik pattern. Sorry, i haven't texture of this pattern.

Edited by Spirit_JaT

It seems to be too new. Even simple photos of soldiers wearing that pattern are hard to find.

What threw me off was this post. In my confused mind, the closest I could get to that example from WW4 was the partisan one, hence my silly confusion.

But now, seeing proper ratnik, it seems that the pattern is basically digital flora with a different color scheme. Not that the existing photos allow too close examination, anyway, but that's the impression.

Yes, you right. I give false info.

Ratnik - complect of equip and in complect use flora digital (usually)

At you foto in previous post with rf soldiers maybe surpat.

Edited by Spirit_JaT

OK, now I see. All this was confussion after confussion. Ratnik seems to be the russian equivalent to something like the Future Soldier program, as you mentioned above ( see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratnik_%28program%29 ).

So, no more requests apart from the flora digital rucksack? Can we consider you as the russian playerbase representative happy? :)

Yes, russian community happy. :)

Need only rucksacks in digital flora and in partisan camouflage and VDV and Motorizied Infantry with differents.

---------- Post added at 02:54 ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 ----------

Upd: on you screen with GRU in SS Summer rifleman rpg have bug with RPG.

Edited by Spirit_JaT