kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

I did a clean install.

Stuff that I encountered when testing in mission editor.

Thanks for taking the time to provide such a thorough report.

• Stryker gunner: For wheeled APCs to work as expected (like a car, not like a tank) the gunner must be placed in some weird places and to be invisible in any view other than the cargo one. The position of the gunner in the strykers is more forward than in the LAV, so the driver can sometimes see his feet depending on the angle the gunner is turning. It's just a minor visual glitch and you should only notice it when you have the hatch open as a driver.
  • Chinook gunner: Non-scoped gunner view fixed.
  • T-90 Export: It seems the problem was this line: LaserTarget=1. I added it to differentiate it from the base T-90 which has it disabled due to the Shtora shenanigans. Although LaserTarget=1 is inherited by the All subclasses (so almost anything in OFP), setting this to true there caused all the problems you mentioned. I don't really know why that line caused a problem when placed there (the BIKI doesn't help here), but it's fixed now.
  • M113: The cause was setting hideProxyInCombat to false, which didn't allow the gunner to turn (and turn in). It was set this way to avoid the gunner being invulnerable, which is a glitch inherited from BIS M113. This invulnerability was particularly apparent with the versions of the M113 without shield I made. I finally didn't include that version of the M113, but forgot to revise and enable hideProxyInCombat again. It's fixed now.
  • Gatling and autocannon performance drops: I'm not sure of what's happening here. I set all that ammo to non-explosive (so it doesn't generate explosion and smoke effects on hit) precisely to avoid this scenario. The only exception is the GAU8, which does have explosive ammo but it generates way less bullets than in previous versions. Apart from that, I personally have absolutely no FPS drops when firing any of those weapons, even with all effects enabled (tracers, bullet cracks, etc). Are you using exclusively WW4 2.5(+patch) and WW4 Extended 1.0 (+patch) for these tests? No other addons or edits? Anything that could affect these results?

Test this patch to make sure the problems with the t90 and m113 are solved in your end: <patch link removed, use the one in the post below>

To install it, just overwrite the content of the WW4_EXT_VEH folder with the files found in the linked one.

Apart from the mentioned fixes I've included a couple other tweaks: disabled the turn in action menu option for all drivers of wheeled APCs, made sure all vehicles with with a gunner and no commander (including the M113) have the driver set as commander (so you as driver can now assign targets to the gunner and issue fire/hold fire orders).

Edited by kenoxite

@Kayvaan

With regard to frame rate drop.

Seeing as the frame rate drop relates to weapons,particularly with high fire rates,it might

be your soundcard.I get the same issue with CWA/OFP on occasion.Especially as the weapon

starts firing.

If it is that,I don't know of any way of curing it,short of getting new hardware.

Have you noticed it happening anywhere else?

Actually, the performance problem with gatling guns and autocannons seems to be indeed related to the hit sounds (thanks, Maczer!).

Check this provisional patch, where the GAU hit sounds (which are used by the affected weapons KayvaanShrike mentioned) are replaced by normal WW4 bullet hit sounds: <link disabled, use the newest patch found in the post below> . The zip file also includes all the fixed previously mentioned.

Edited by kenoxite

I am using only @ww4mod25;WW4_EXT;WW4_EXT_VEH ( and your new patch WW4_EXT_VEH_patch_RC11) - I have not edited it in anyway and no other addons are loaded!

The new patch has massively reduced my FPS drop while firing the weapons mentioned. There is a tiny tiny little lag but not major. (75 FPS down to about 59 FPS for about 1-2secs then back up to 70+) Probably because of too many hits on the ground at one time (10 round burst).

East - Armoured - Shilka does not engage West - Armoured - M1A1 - I believe this happens in default OFP too (threat level?).

WW4 EXT/Russian Army/Vehicles - SPAAG (D)/ ZSU-23-4 - does not engage WW4 EXT/US Army/Vehicles - STATIC/ Tripod M240

WW4 EXT/Russian Army/Vehicles - SPAAG (D)/ ZSU-23-4 - does not engage ANY M1A1 Abrams - I believe this is to do with the threat level.

WW4 EXT/Vehicles East - IFV (D)/ BMP-3 (Export) - It waits for the shell to be loaded then fires. It can easily destroy a Tank with the 2A42 AP-T or the AGS-30 with 551 ammo!

West - Armoured - Vulcan does not engage East - Armoured - T80 - I believe this is to do with the threat level.

WW4 EXT/US Army/Vehicles - STATIC/ M2 Static (Stand up) (50 cal) - fires at WW4 EXT/Russian Army/Vehicles - IFV (D)/ BMP-3 and blows it up with 1 mag and a bit.

WW4 EXT/US Army/Vehicles - STATIC/ M2 Static (Stand up) (50 cal) - fires at Shilka and blows it up with 1 mag -100 rounds.

WW4 EXT/US Army/Vehicles - STATIC/ M2 Static (Stand up) (50 cal) - Vehicles can drive through it.

WW4 EXT/US Army/Vehicles - STATIC/ M2 Static (Stand up) (50 cal) - fires at East -

Armoured BMP and kills me (driver) after 1 mag and a bit without blowing up the tank.

WW4 EXT/US Army/Vehicles - RECON IFV/ M2A2 Bradley - does not engage WW4 EXT/Vehicles East - MBT (D)/ M1A1M Abrams (Export)

WW4 EXT/US Army/Vehicles - RECON IFV/ M2A2 Bradley - does not engage WW4 EXT/Vehicles East - MBT (D)/ T-90S (Export) (the T-90 does engage the Bradley but it fires the KORD MG first then the shell. Although I think it's nice a effect while the T-90 waits to load the shell it fires MG off. I do this myself as gunner :)

WW4 EXT/US Army/Vehicles - IFV Stryker engages East - Armoured - Shilka with 50cal. Also when driving the Stryker I can drive around (Circle) the Shilka - Shilka's driver tries to face me but is slow and the Shilka's gunner is facing the other way and not aiming at me. Same for Stryker's AI gunner he does not like face the Side or Rear while driving. I used both yellow and radio target (Right click to target left click to tell AI gunner to fire)

(Both high and low skill) When in drivers postion in East - Armoured - Shilka the AI gunner

engages M60 after about 3 seconds after pressing Preview and destroys the West - Armoured

- M60 before it can even load ammo to shoot. But when not in the Shilka (AI in Shilka only)

the Shilka waits for about 4-5-6 seconds before firing. This allows the M60 (M60 for

example) to load ammo and destroy the Shilka ( when you place a tank and preview you have

to wait for the ammo to turn green to fire) - I believe this is an OFP bug.

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:05 ----------

@Kayvaan

With regard to frame rate drop.

Seeing as the frame rate drop relates to weapons,particularly with high fire rates,it might

be your soundcard.I get the same issue with CWA/OFP on occasion.Especially as the weapon

starts firing.

If it is that,I don't know of any way of curing it,short of getting new hardware.

Have you noticed it happening anywhere else?

Hi Mascer, I once changed units footsteps sounds when I and AI units walked it lagged real bad. When firing the weapons in the sky or in front of me it's fine just when I shoot the floor.

Edited by KayvaanShrike

I am using only @ww4mod25;WW4_EXT;WW4_EXT_VEH ( and your new patch WW4_EXT_VEH_patch_RC11) - I have not edited it in anyway and no other addons are loaded!

The new patch has massively reduced my FPS drop while firing the weapons mentioned. There is a tiny tiny little lag but not major. (75 FPS down to about 59 FPS for about 1-2secs then back up to 70+) Probably because of too many hits on the ground at one time (10 round burst).

Glad to know the patch worked for you. Also, thanks again for the thorough testing and reporting.

• Anything vs Abrams: It's not the threat level but the fact that Abrams are basically immune to anything you can throw at them other than a T-90, air vehicles and some missiles. For a vehicle to engage another it must possess weapons able to deal enough damage to hurt the enemy vehicle. In the case of the Shilka, its rounds can barely tickle an Abrams armor, so the AI doesn't even bother about opening fire.
  • Anything vs T90: Same case as with Abrams. The only vehicle that can kill for sure a T90, apart from another T90, is an Abrams. And, while a T90 will usually lose against an Abrams due to its reduced fire rate (but they both have roughly the same armor values in EXT), the T90 is almost invulnerable to air vehicles and missiles in general thanks to its Shtora defense system.
    Note that this only applies to AI. A player can use any weapon against any vehicle, regardless of the power of the rounds used or the armor value of the target. Due to the nature of OFP/CWA damage system, a player can destroy almost anything with any weapon given enough time and ammo. You could eventually kill an Abrams with a Makarov if you're very, very, very patient.
  • Vulcan vs T80: See above. While the T-80BV isn't an M1A2 it's still quite the beast, so most vehicles won't bother to engage it.
  • Shilka vs M240: The Shilka can stop up to 7.62mm rounds, so it doesn't bother with the M240 as it knows it can't hurt it (but, again, a determined player could). I've increased all the tripods threat level against vehicles anyway, but only Kords and NSV will be actually engaged by them.
  • 50cal vs Shilka and BMPs: None of those vehicles can stop 50cal, so they will be engaged and killed by weapons using that calibre. With that said...
  • 50cal vs BMP3: This particular vehicle should be protected from that round. I've increased its armor value so 50cal weapons ignore them.
  • M2 stand up Geo LOD: I don't use a custom version of that weapon/vehicle, so what you see is the vanilla behaviour (vehicles can drive through a static M2 in vanilla OFP too)
  • Bradley TOW: The minimum distance to engage targets with a TOW is 500m. Placing the target at that distance or further away should allow the Bradley to engage the vehicle (be it an export Abrams or a T90). I've reduced the minimum distance to 200m anyway, as engagement distances in OFP are usually quite short.
  • Fire rates depending on presence of player: This is idd due to how the OFP/CWA engine works. The presence of a player in a group (be it infantry or vehicle) modifies the behaviour of the AI. It's just one of those "OFP things".
  • BMP3 AI weapon selection: There's little that can be done about this, particularly with vehicles such which have dozes of weapons available such as this one. In general, AI will use the optimum weapon while considering damage of the weapon vs armor of the target, plus allowed engagment distances of such weapons and other "minor" factors. It seems reload time isn't one of those, or it's so minor that it's generally neglected. As for the 2A42 specifically, well, the AI will use it but only after it has fired the more powerful weapons. And the AGS30 will be used once the 2A42 has been depleted. Anyway, with such an overkill array of weapons at its disposal, the BMP3 can stand on its own even with the current AI weapon selection order.

Please, test this patch. It includes all the mentioned fixes and tweaks so far: https://www.mediafire.com/download/wfmbtfuhhomcbj8/WW4_EXT_VEH_patch_RC2.zip

EDIT: I've updated the patch to include a couple more fixes and tweaks: BMP-3 Export vehicles weren't using the export parent classes (so they were basically the same as the normal BMP3), the BMP3 is now equipped with Arkan missiles instead of Bastion, and the export version with Bastion instead of Konkurs (but just 4 of them), the damage of the Arkan missiles has been increased so it's similar to a TOW2A (it's supposed to be designed to kill modern tanks equipped with ERA), and normalized inittime and manoeuvrability for all the missiles.

The updated patch uses the same link as before.

Edited by kenoxite
Forgot about the BMP3. Also, updated patch with other tweaks and fixes

Patch 1.0.2 released!

More info and download links on the first post.

Changelog:

v1.0.2

Logics and scripts
FIX: Fixed invisible targets not resetting properly
CHANGE: Added back explosion sound on destruction of vehicles.
CHANGE: create_dummy script now uses the new spawner classes
Vehicles
FIX: Non-scoped view of Chinook gunner corrected
FIX: T-90 Export can now be engaged by enemies
FIX: M113 gunner turret will now turn to engage threats
FIX: BMP-3 Export vehicles now use proper export base classes
CHANGE: Disabled option to turn in and out for drivers of wheeled APCs (Stryker, LAV)
CHANGE: Driver is now the commander of all land vehicles where there’s a gunner but no commander
CHANGE: Edited the retracted position of the A-10’s landing gear so it doesn’t clip or not as much as it did before. It still doesn’t close properly, but the effect should be less noticeable.
CHANGE: Increased armor value of BMP-3 so it’s not engaged by 50cal weapons
CHANGE: BMP-3 now equipped with 6 Arkan missiles (previously 6 Bastion). BMP-3 export now equipped with 4 Bastion missiles (previously 6 Konkurs)
CHANGE: M113 export now use shielded version. Non-shield model removed.

Weapons
FIX: Fixed ammo assignment for Steyr and FAMAS
CHANGE: Vehicle weapons that used the GAU hit sound now use normal bullet hit sounds. This seems to reduce the performance hit in some PC builds.
CHANGE: Reduced minimum engagement distance for TOWs from 500 to 200m
CHANGE: Increased damage of Arkan missiles
CHANGE: Normalized manoeuvrability and inittime values of all missiles
CHANGE: Changed ironsight view of Steyr

@JdB: Thanks for all the mirrors. No vampire will escape from my watch now!

Hello Kenxite, thanks fot realease.

Now can't download mod, too much work.

What about ironsights? Can you give screenshot or video? Thanks.

What about ironsights? Can you give screenshot or video? Thanks.

You can check this document I've been working on, where I deal with the ironsights feature among other things. Not that the document is a work in progress.

As I mentioned before, this feature works by switching your current weapon from an scoped to an unscoped one, and viceversa. It works similarly as how the zeroing works.

Hi Kenoxite, im again, i think that you must do female units, for all sides and every roles.

HK M27 IAR, HK 416 and LaRue

There's a Z-M LR-300 that should be enough tacticool for You! Though, there's no unit natively equipped with them, so You'll have to use scripting commands. Class names for the guns are:

WW4EXT_LR300
WW4EXT_LR300Acog
WW4EXT_LR300M203
WW4EXT_LR300Aim
WW4EXT_LR300SD

This project is pretty much feature locked now, so there won't be any further significant additions (units or weapons) other than the ones I previously mentioned (maybe some more vehicle ports, but they are quite unlikely TBH). Further patches will and are focusing on bug fixing and polishing the existing stuff.

About female units, there's really no female representation in the real armies this project focus on (US and russian military, middle east insurgency), not in combat roles anyway. There's quite a significant amount of females in the guerrillas of some countries. I agree that should be represented somehow (there's actually a female unit in the arctic insurgency), but that would be part of a related but external project (so, not main EXT, but another related one).

WW4 Extended updated to v1.0.3!

More information and download links in the first post.

Changelog:

v.1.0.3

Logics and scripts
CHANGE: WW4 EXT Logics/FX renamed to WW4 EXT/Time & Weather. Moved the Random time and Random weather logics there.
CHANGE: WW4 EXT Logics/Other renamed to WW4 EXT/Player features.
CHANGE: WW4 EXT Logics/Unit scripts renamed to WW4 EXT/Unit scripts.
CHANGE: WW4 EXT Logics/Support renamed to WW4 EXT/Support.

Infantry
CHANGE: New models for digital flora motorized rifle, VDV and GRU spetsnaz. Model and textures look closer to the 6B23 gear. DF texture reduced to more realistic sizes.
CHANGE: DF GRU now equipped with AN-94 rifles, helmets and balaclavas (they are now more Direct Action focused, leaving recon tasks to GRU partizan or VDV recon).

Vehicles
FIX: AH-1Z pilot and gunner “get in†positions are now usable
FIX: Fixed all the problems related to the commander and gunner hatches for the T72s and T90s (inverted rotation points, incorrect Fire Geo positions, etc).
FIX: Skoda Rapid yellow now uses correct model

Weapons
NEW: New AN-94 GP SD rifle variant
CHANGE: You can now autotarget with Vikhr missiles
CHANGE: US designated marksman rifle in 1st person model now uses a higher poly version (the same as in A2)

Other
FIX: Kodiak island: Replaced the buildings that had windows with the windowless ones provided in vanilla WW4. This is done so there’s no alpha sorting problems with WW4 units (units being invisible when behind a window). This means that now this version of Kodiak requires WW4.
CHANGE: Revised and reduced section count of several models

This version should be compatible with OFP v1.96.

If you are using the installer it should automatically replace ww4ext_inf_cfg.pbo with the compatible one. If you are installing all this manually then you'll need to get the v1.96 compatibility patch, rename the file from ww4ext_inf_cfg.pbo.OFP to ww4ext_inf_cfg.pbo and place it in the addons folder inside WW4_EXT.

As I suspected, the incompatibility was caused by the inability of the OFP v1.96 engine to preprocess one of the pbos, in this case the infantry one. The patch includes an already preprocessed version of the conflicting file. Kudos to Faguss, who was the main motor behind this fix by providing a little tool that allows to preprocess config.cpps automatically. Also, to krzy, who was the one dealing with all this compatibility issue since the beginning.

This version is not a patch, but a complete new version of the main files. This time around an installer is also provided. The installer is able to install vanilla WW4 and all the WW4 Extended modules (main, Cold War and Arctic).

This installer will allow you to install the following components:

• WW4 v2.5.1: WW4 2.5 with patch 1 already applied.
  • WW4 Extended core v1.0.3: Main component of Extended (EXT) that focuses on infantry units, scripts, logics and objects.
  • WW4 Extended Vehicles v1.0.3: All the main EXT vehicles.
  • WW4 Extended: Cold War v1.0.2: Infantry and vehicle units from the 80’s Cold War era for all sides.
  • WW4 Extended: Arctic v1.2: Infantry and vehicle units for arctic and winter islands from the 80’s Cold War era for all sides. It also includes Kegetys' Winter Nogojev and its dependencies.

The installation process should be self-explanatory. With that said, here are some highlights of what you'll encounter:

• You'll be able to choose to install a Low Contrast version of OFP Materials
  • If WW4 was selected to be installed you'll be able to:
    • Apply a custom version of Faguss' OFP Aspect Ratio Fix to the WW4 config.
    • Install the version of the config with radio enabled.
    • Install a performance friendly version of the cloudlets (dust particles generated by explosions, etc). The provided version is the one used by the WGL mod.

[*] In the programs folder you will find the following shortcuts:

• Launch EXT or vanilla WW4. If you have CWA installed through Steam, versions to launch those mods from within Steam will also be added.
    • Shortcuts for all the available documentation, located in the Documentation subfolder.
    • Shortcut to quickly uninstall all the EXT components (including vanilla WW4, if it was installed via this installer).

Launching the installer after an installation has completed will allow you to Repair the current installation (by overwritting the selected components) or Uninstall it. If you want to Modify the installation by removing some of the already installed components it's better for you to uninstall first and reinstall again from scratch.

The installer was created via Inno Setup with Inno Script Studio. You can find the installer script here. Check it out if you want to create your own version. Use it as a guide for your own installer or just copy the parts you're interested in and change the needed parameters.

Edited by kenoxite

Was the issue with setting vehicle health to 0 crashing the game resolved?

Was the issue with setting vehicle health to 0 crashing the game resolved?

I you mean that old bug then yes, I haven't seen it happening for a few versions now.

You might have noticed a script error pops up sometimes. You can fix this by using this vesion of the scripts pbo: (included in latest patch)

The error itself is harmless anyway.

Edited by kenoxite

Patch v1.0.3.1 released!

More info and download links in the first post.

Changelog:

v.1.0.3.1

Logics and scripts
FIX: Fixed small syntax error in healTimer.sqs
FIX: Fixed CAS and transport support scripts ignoring the passed custom vehicle and crew
CHANGE: Fire support scripts can now emulate artillery, mortar and MLRS. Check the updated Extra Features Manual for more info.

Infantry
FIX: Fixed model path for middle east guerrilla with IED

Vehicles
FIX: Desert variant of M60 was using woodland model

Weapons
FIX: Fixed texture paths for some missile models
CHANGE: Reduced recoil effects for 7.62 sniper rifles

Other
FIX: Tank layout/direction icon edited by OFP Aspect Ratio Fix was placed over the tank's unit info area. Now it's placed below it.
FIX: Added null and alive checks before applying tracers to units in bn_tracer_red.pbo. This should stop the annoying (but harmless) script errors displayed sometimes when dynamically spawning vehicles.

It includes the previously released scripts patch.

Patch installer script: http://pastebin.com/DGHjyUYf

Edited by kenoxite
added link to install script

Stryker is in ww4ext_stryker.pbo (part of WW4 EXT Vehicles). The problematic texture is probably slat.pac and slat_d.pac, as these two have 16:1 aspect ratio.

If someone is interested i used PaNTool to convert those 2 bad ratio textures into tga, rescaled them to 32x128 and reconverted them to paa with the same PaNTool, you can just replace them in your pbo and it should not crash dedicated servers anymore :

dropbox link

kenoxite, you should replace those stryker texture in your next patch, indeed OFP dedicated servers crash when there's a ratio that are more than 8:1 for textures dimensions.

As i remember reading years ago, this crash is probably related to that old school 3DFX Glide support OFP had and that couldn't deal with textures ratio more than 8:1 and that somehow made it into the dedicated server code for whatever reason.