Sting 9mm SMG in first person view sounds like it is behind you when you fire it.

Actual sounds in DEV branch are a serious mess because most sound mods play only left of only right, sometimes behind.

I wonder if all that mayhem will make his way into stable 1.54.

Tank and artillery HE's impact sound pretty weak right now. I'd say they sounded better a few weeks ago. Especially tank HE. Autocannon impact sounds very good however.

Reported. You can clearly hear it on headphones.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp33ZdJFXMM

Yeah those echoing effects are all over the place and they change ears or place depending on if you move or not. I was very confused what it was at first.

Just reverted to stable for first time in long time and am I trippin or did the radio comms get a makeover? AI squaddies sound like ghost recon with more of a digitized voice - when did this happen??

Now I cant get it to repeat..I was afraid of this as it was the most awesome bug..Arma'ed.......

:(

EDIT: LOL, I used a different Launcher which included Task Force Radio -a mod Ive never actually tried. Welcome to 2013...

Has anyone else experienced issues with gun fire not properly synced between players? Happened to me quite often lately, one player shoots, I can't here his shots, however, other players do hear them.

For those who use free aim, you can hear the fire on the right speaker when you point right and vice-versa.

Just noticed today, that the bell sounds in cities are all over the place if you turn left right.

I actually love the new explosion sounds. They're a vast improvement over previous versions. Explosions need dynamic tails though to add to the environment in which they explode, to make it sound more believable.

Are the Firearm 'tail' sound effects now playing back in mono(stereo emitter?)?  Everything now seems very central since the last update.   

Are the Firearm 'tail' sound effects now playing back in mono(stereo emitter?)?  Everything now seems very central since the last update.   

No, that would be the opposite; rather: the closer you get to a sound source, the more stereo is played.

Are you experiencing this issue on Main Branch or Dev? Is it specific to the 'tails' (i.e. the part of the shot that changes based on your environment?)

We will also make additional changes to weapon tails as part of some new configuration of audio for Eden Update; so it's possible something has gone awry in the short term. I'll check on Monday.

Hi it was specifically the tails of the shots fired in first person... and Main Branch.  The selection of environments still work fine, but it sounds like both Left and right channels are positioned centrally, or considerably more narrower than before the update.  

thanks 

I'll have another look tonight.

**what ever happened has corrected itself, dont ask me how?**   happy days :D  

Sound orientations is pretty much fucked up now. Since the sound source moves with the player's rotation it's - at least for me - impossible to accurately detect enemies.

Btw: Did you add some new environment sounds, like wind gusts? Sound very good to me.

• Like 1

it seems to me almost like part of the new sound code initialises only after the first shot was fired. like in the editor my first shot sometimes is delayed or i even get stuff stacking up in a weird manner only for things to then seemingly get into order after that.

this is not me pretending to know how it works or what exactly is happening under the hood. just trying to describe it in a way that it might make more sense to the devs.

it is "kind of" minor but i felt it doesn't feel final like that.

We will also make additional changes to weapon tails as part of some new configuration of audio for Eden Update; so it's possible something has gone awry in the short term. I'll check on Monday.

Speaking of tails: I hope you guys are planning to make them more clearly audible for a believable soundscape. Like this: (start at 0:30)

Right now I can barely hear the tails of my own weapons sometimes, let alone those of other units. The only weapon that seems to do good in this situation is the ASP-1 Kir.

• Like 2

WOW. If only Arma could sound like that...

It probably even can, the tails we have currently are too subtle in my opinion and the weapon sounds are missing some of the "boom".

Btw: Here's a ticket I create a few days ago.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26801

This isse also applies to many other sounds

• Like 1

Speaking of tails: I hope you guys are planning to make them more clearly audible for a believable soundscape. Like this: (start at 0:30)

/watch?v=jhCCPLydibQ

The tails in this sound all the same, no variation for indoors or outdoors... So in that respect Arma is superior.

Right now I can barely hear the tails of my own weapons sometimes, let alone those of other units. The only weapon that seems to do good in this situation is the ASP-1 Kir.

I'm more amazed that we still have the awful thunder sound.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13481

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15184

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15761

The tails in this sound all the same, no variation for indoors or outdoors... So in that respect Arma is superior.

Nope, there is indoor tails in that game. Maybe not in that video because it's a tad outdated, but I played it and can confirm. You can try for yourself how much superior it is, it's free on Steam.

/end OT

Reported. You can clearly hear it on headphones.

I can clearly hear that the sound is horrible, low, and feel like using a firecracker instead a gun.

To me seems more like a toy than a gun.

Thanks to your "ideas" about low sound - a guy without  professional expertise in games and no professional C.V. in sound - the game sound right now like tv news with a 10km reporter away from fight.

Is impossible to me find where is coming the fire and right now Arma 3 seems like this.

A happy party of kids not a real war.

• Like 2

[...]

Thanks to your "ideas" about low sound - a guy without  professional expertise in games and no professional C.V. in sound - the game sound right now like tv news with a 10km reporter away from fight.

Is impossible to me find where is coming the fire and right now Arma 3 seems like this.

A happy party of kids not a real war.

Heh, now thats a funny post. Not going to bite the bait though. :)

With "Reported. You can clearly hear it on headphones" I actually mean that I reported the issue and the issue is very easy to hear on headphones. You must have misunderstood. :)

• Like 2

Not going to bite the bait though. :)

Awwww.... Why not? i was hoping for it (Popcorn already done...) :D

• Like 1