Sign in to follow this  
Mladja-ArmASerbia

FN Five Seven pistol (Need texturer)

Description:

The FN Five-seven, trademarked as the Five-seveN, is a semi-automatic pistol designed and manufactured by FN Herstal in Belgium.[9] The pistol is named for its 5.7-mm (.224 in) bullet diameter, and the trademark capitalization style is intended to emphasize the manufacturer's initials—FN.

Pictures:

render01.jpgrender02.jpg

The model of pistol is almost done. But I need someone who will do texture and uvw map for pistol so it can be released for A3.

If there anyone interested to do texture and uvw please wrote me PM or here in topic. If no one is interested to do texture and uvw map i will release this in The Orphaned Projects Thread.

Finding someone willing to UV and texture a model, which is the hardest part of the whole job, is small. Being able to model and texture is what makes a good artist, great.

Well, the texturing is big problem from me, i dont know to do anything in photshop, uvw map is not big problem, but photoshop and texturing .....

My advice would be to model and UV it, and get it working in game while you make a basic texture in photoshop. As you post WIP screens, you might have more people interested in contributing to the project, the closer it gets to completion.

I agree with adam and max. It is one step you kinda must learn in the procces. This is want modeling is all about (the good and bad...). Uving isn't hard but the way you split parts will learn some things about how you best make you model itself ;-). Regarding the texture, like max pointed out, make something bacis (with ao integrated) and worry about the details (weathering etc) later on. In the 5-7 case it should be that weathered as it is polymeer (plastic stuff) material anyway :-).

Good luck....

Model itself might be a bit too detailed for game model (-> leave some details for normal map).

Well, the texturing is big problem from me, i dont know to do anything in photshop, uvw map is not big problem, but photoshop and texturing .....

there are thousands upon thousands of tutorials that will help you there. Texturing is not unique to any game. You have to start somewhere, we all did. You get better the more you do it, the biggest hurdle is just biting the bullet and trying to texture for the first time.

mladjaSRB, if you use a Greyscale of the Normal map together in a Blending with the AO you already have a basic texture all done, then you will only need to color in different parts of the weapons. That will at least get you a basic unweathered but sharp texture to use. And dont worry, in the SOC-Team our 3d Artists cant texture either ^^ so your not alone.