FFAAMOD

[CLOSED] FFAA V6 (Spanish Army Mod)

Looking really good - excellent work

cheers

I am very excited for this mod! Could you estimate how many weapons, vehicles, naval vehicles, helicopter and jets that this mod has? Also how much closer are you to releasing this mod?

Will the LHD61 Juan Carlos I be drivable?

Edited by ProGamer

I am very excited for this mod! Could you estimate how many weapons, vehicles, naval vehicles, helicopter and jets that this mod has?

I'm not sure about that... Naval vehicles, as I know for now are 3: LHD61, Galicia & LCM1E, but I know some more are coming.

Helicopters we have the Tiger, the EC135 (Military version), Superpuma, Cougar, Chinook, S61...

But weapons and vehicles... imposible to said. Anyway, visit our website and you can make yourself an idea of what's coming: http://www.comunidadffaa.es/

Also how much closer are you to releasing this mod?

No date have been defined for now. We are not closer to release. First, we are gonna wait for the game to come with a stable version, in which we can test all and be 100% sure is gonna work. Then, we will release, but not expect it very close...

Will the LHD61 Juan Carlos I be drivable?

Yes, it will.

Yes, it will.

Is this the large ship that can deploy that smaller boat that takes vehicles to shore?

Is this the large ship that can deploy that smaller boat that takes vehicles to shore?

That was the Galicia ( the one of the videos ), but guess at they are gonna do the same with the Juanca I

bfc41d_LHD_Navantia_4.gif

Edited by MistyRonin

Who, was that from Arma 2? Also can it launch jets?

LHD61 will be scripted the same way the Galicia is, what you can see in videos. Was in ArmA 2 for testing, but will only be release for ARMA 3!

Also, the Juan Carlos I will include those hangars for vehicles, for planes and for helicopters. The upper hangar (The one for airplanes/copters) will have scripted lifters tu take the planes into the hangar and outside.

The LHD61 don't have catapults, It can only get VTOL aircraft and helicopters.

I see all of your updates on the website and twitter are in Spanish! :( I can only read English and French as that's what we're taught here in Canada.

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

Will there be and underwater vehicles like submarines that can deploy SDVs and divers while launching missles or evading ships?

Also, the Juan Carlos I will include those hangars for vehicles, for planes and for helicopters. The upper hangar (The one for airplanes/copters) will have scripted lifters tu take the planes into the hangar and outside.

Wohoo, that would be awesome.

BTW are you gonna add also the BMR? ( yeah I know they are old and don't stand mines/IED, but I really like them ).

And another piece of stuff that it always have amazed me in real life are the M60 Alacrans, though I don't know if they could have use in the Arma 3 gameplay.

I see all of your updates on the website and twitter are in Spanish! :( I can only read English and French as that's what we're taught here in Canada.

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

Will there be and underwater vehicles like submarines that can deploy SDVs and divers while launching missles or evading ships?

Twitter is always Spanish + English. The tweets are duplicated, one on each language. For the web, use Google Translator, we are sorry we cannot provide it in english for the moment...

For now I think underwater vehicles are not planned, but this could change anytime.

Wohoo, that would be awesome.

BTW are you gonna add also the BMR? ( yeah I know they are old and don't stand mines/IED, but I really like them ).

And another piece of stuff that it always have amazed me in real life are the M60 Alacrans, though I don't know if they could have use in the Arma 3 gameplay.

You mean this one?

http://www.comunidadffaa.es/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/cache/imagenes_noticias.bmr_600gk-is-1.jpg (212 kB)

It is already included on FFAA 5.1 and I'll will be also on 6.0, but with some model and texture corrections.

The Alacran will not be modelled, you said the reason. For the ArmA 3 Gameplay is not usefull, it would be just "visual", and that's a lot of work on programming + modelling for only a visual addon... We are trying to make things work as the would.

The closer thing we have done is the RG31 with the arm for EOD disposal... and will be hard to make it work with some functionallity so they can actually take IEDs off the ground.

The FFAA mod is literally one of the best mods for Arma along with ACE and ACRE and PR. I would love to alpha test and beta test your teams amazing mod!

More WIP reports coming

Edited by Tali

I'm not sure about that... Naval vehicles, as I know for now are 3: LHD61, Galicia & LCM1E, but I know some more are coming.

Helicopters we have the Tiger, the EC135 (Military version), Superpuma, Cougar, Chinook, S61...

But weapons and vehicles... imposible to said. Anyway, visit our website and you can make yourself an idea of what's coming: http://www.comunidadffaa.es/

Hi all! Hi Tisor! Need see you and talk, need some help XD. Sorry my bad english to all.

New WIP report coming soon with new vehicles, NH90 TTH helicopter (90% modeled), S80 submarine (90% modeled), RQ-11 Raven UAV (100% modeled). Our team is working hard texturing Husky 2G mine detector and we have to texture minerollers for RG-31 and EOD arm for RG-31 too to start texturing last modeled vehicles. I think we can report WIP without texture so new pics coming soon. Read your post gives us strength to keep working hard, thanks a lot to all!

Best regards!

If you need any specific translation just send me a PM, spanish is not my mother tongue but I have a pretty good level.

BTW I'd like to see the FGNE ( Fuerza de Guerra Naval Especial, former UOE ) in this mod. They are really good, I was lucky to see their "capacitación" (selection and training course).

Edited by MistyRonin

Hi all! Hi Tisor! Need see you and talk, need some help XD. Sorry my bad english to all.

New WIP report coming soon with new vehicles, NH90 TTH helicopter (90% modeled), S80 submarine (90% modeled), RQ-11 Raven UAV (100% modeled). Our team is working hard texturing Husky 2G mine detector and we have to texture minerollers for RG-31 and EOD arm for RG-31 too to start texturing last modeled vehicles. I think we can report WIP without texture so new pics coming soon. Read your post gives us strength to keep working hard, thanks a lot to all!

Best regards!

A ver si te pillo por vuestro TS y hablamos Iban.

To all, just to add to Iban post, we have also the Eurocopter Tiger in progress at the moment... As you see, a lot of things been cook by all the team.

If you need any specific translation just send me a PM, spanish is not my mother tongue but I have a pretty good level.

BTW I'd like to see the FGNE ( Fuerza de Guerra Naval Especial, former UOE ) in this mod. They are really good, I was lucky to see their "capacitación" (selection and training course).

I'm not sure of this one being include, but I'll talk your request to the infantery team and see if they can deal with them ;)

I'm not sure of this one being include, but I'll talk your request to the infantery team and see if they can deal with them ;)

¡Muchisimas gracias crack! No exajero si te digo que están al nivel de los SEAL, de lo mejorcito. Que no es todo la dichosa cabra... los de la Real y Gloriosa son mucho mejores ( y mejor entrenados ).

-

Thank you very much crack! I'm not exagerating if I say that they are close to the SEAL, real good. Not everything in FFAA is the damned goat ( La Legión )... Spanish Marines are far better ( and more trained ).

Best regards!

Is the S-80 submarine going to be fully drivable with working weapons like missles which "fly" upto the surface of the ocean then fly towards the target? Will we be able to walk around on the submarine?

---------- Post added at 05:20 ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 ----------

Can we expect to see the EADS Barracuda, IAI Searcher, and the Siva UAV with its ARIES launch truck? 800px-SIVA.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:32 ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 ----------

Also is the spanish version Airbus A400M, Spanish F/A-18s, Eurofighter Typhoon, Lockheed P-3 Orion going to be in the mod?

Edited by ProGamer

Is the S-80 submarine going to be fully drivable with working weapons like missles which "fly" upto the surface of the ocean then fly towards the target? Will we be able to walk around on the submarine?

Of course, It would be drivable and you can walk inside it, as all of our ships. Weapons systems depends of the scripting team. Until the modelling is not finish, they don't get in touch with the programming, so we have no info about that for now...

Can we expect to see the EADS Barracuda, IAI Searcher, and the Siva UAV with its ARIES launch truck? http://ariestesting.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/800px-SIVA.jpg

Well, for now we are preparing the RQ11 Raven to include on the mod. Maybe those UAVs can follow some day, as the mod will keep growing, won't die while it is release. But for now, no info about that.

Also is the spanish version Airbus A400M, Spanish F/A-18s, Eurofighter Typhoon, Lockheed P-3 Orion going to be in the mod?

I can confirm the EF-18 is being modelled. The Typhoon was included on 5.1 so I think with some model corrections it will be included on 6.0, but cannot confirm now. The C130 will be also included. P-3 and A400M are not planned yet.

New preview!! The NH-90 is coming alive!!

NH90-preview.jpg

Can't wait to fly it! Will the mod feature a Spanish version and an English version?

Will all the large boats have life boats? Will we have a lame teleport to use them or will we actually have to go up to them on the ship and deploy then while inside them?

Can we walk on large ships while they are sailing?

Edited by ProGamer

Can't wait to fly it! Will the mod feature a Spanish version and an English version?

This is something we have not planned... Maybe the full mod will be in English, or maybe in Spanish... anyway, if the mod is finally in Spanish (Is spanish army mod so..) then we will have a translations manual or something like that.

Take in mind the mod will go to around... 7GB... have 2 versions of the mod will give us a lot of headaches...

Will all the large boats have life boats? Will we have a lame teleport to use them or will we actually have to go up to them on the ship and deploy then while inside them?

Yes, they have them, but I cannot remember how we deal with the action to get inside them... You'll see anyway.

Can we walk on large ships while they are sailing?

Yes, of course.

First NH90 Cockpit preview Work In progress

cockpit-nh90.jpg

This is something we have not planned... Maybe the full mod will be in English, or maybe in Spanish... anyway, if the mod is finally in Spanish (Is spanish army mod so..) then we will have a translations manual or something like that.

I do belive that it has to be possible to create a file with all the translations, some kind of database. It would be nonesense that the different languages would be hardcoded in the addons. At least that is how much of the software applications work nowadays.

Having to make a diff version for each language is crazy.

I do belive that it has to be possible to create a file with all the translations, some kind of database. It would be nonesense that the different languages would be hardcoded in the addons. At least that is how much of the software applications work nowadays.

Having to make a diff version for each language is crazy.

Yeah, that's the idea. A stringtable, but what I don't know is if this can be applied to the mod... as I always say, this have to deal with the scripting guys.