Sign in to follow this  
dna_uk

Nvidia optimizing for ArmA 3

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/541383/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-r320-00-beta-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-4-23-13-/post/3791122/#3791122

Found this post on the GeForce forum. Apparently Nvidia is either in contact or going to try and get into contact with Bohemia Interactive to help optimize their drivers for ArmA 3.

Hurray! :D

We are in contact with NVIDIA (and other partners such as AMD and Intel) to try to get our games working well using their drivers and other software. We provide them with builds of the game and they in return give us evaluation reports. As a result we can make changes to the game, and they to their drivers. Beneficial for all!

Has anyone tried out Nvidia "320.00 BETA" yet? Any improvements for A3?

No. I'm trying it out, and there's no improvement.

Lets hope for something good. Glad to see your in talks with Nvidia as I got an Nvidia card.

Has anyone tried out Nvidia "320.00 BETA" yet? Any improvements for A3?

320.00 offers nothing in the way of enhancements for A3 :(

Good Job BIS :yay:

NVidia GTS 450

Good job, and yet there's no noticeable improvements. So then, what are you saying "Good Job" for? Just seems a bit premature. I'll be saying good job when, hopefully, we see Arma 3 listed on these Nvidia updates.

NVIDIA will not invest time in optimizing Alpha software. I wouldn't expect any driver optimizations at least until Beta has started..

NVIDIA will not invest time in optimizing Alpha software. I wouldn't expect any driver optimizations at least until Beta has started..

Or maybe final product, after all alpha is not specifically "for our fun", but for general testing, stability testing, and improve the product on its way for the final product

Nvidia GTX 680 4gb vram here

We are in contact with NVIDIA (and other partners such as AMD and Intel) to try to get our games working well using their drivers and other software. We provide them with builds of the game and they in return give us evaluation reports. As a result we can make changes to the game, and they to their drivers. Beneficial for all!

That definitely sounds very good!

And that's the reason 1) there's no point in being overly excited for this news and 2) there's no reason to expect driver optimizations from Nvidia until the release. From Nvidia's perspective, why start trying to work with Alpha and Beta software? For them, they'd just wait for the full release, like they do for any other product.

Not directly performance-related, but because of this cooperation from e.g. NVIDIA we have already been able to track and fix several common crashes related to PhysX for example.

they'd just wait for the full release, like they do for any other product.

This is not even close to correct.

Not directly performance-related, but because of this cooperation from e.g. NVIDIA we have already been able to track and fix several common crashes related to PhysX for example.

Excellent news DnA. I'm confident that a close relationship will benefit everyone - but hoping that the Nvidia team can find special ways to help Nvidia card owners *cough* Arma3 PhysX on card :)

Ahem, pls don´t forget optimize older layouts, 260 gtx *cough* *cough*

Ahem, pls don´t forget optimize older layouts, 260 gtx *cough* *cough*

You know you can probably get a card for free at this point that someone is throwing away that would be better than that thing :D

You know you can probably get a card for free at this point that someone is throwing away that would be better than that thing :D

It´s funny you say that, as this very 260 already is a gift replacement for my old 250 :D

Recently there´s been 280´s and even 78´ATI´s offered but i think i just cannot be arsed to uncramp (1mm headroom to HD cage) that actual gfx card from my case, ever.