Sign in to follow this  
Karmichael

Advance And Secure

V6

-AAS Arma 3 Pack V6

Version 6 now available. Compatible to Arma 3 version 1.0. I have changed alot of things but still staying true to Coolbox's AAS Style.:cool:

Please let me know are there any problems :)

Will there be a changelog for V6?

arma32013-09-2823-35-05-85_zps2d6d2188.jpg

DOWNLOADS

Armaholic mirror:

- Advance And Secure Pack [v6.0]

Mediafire mirror:

V6

-AAS Arma 3 Pack V6

Changelog:

[b][size=5]V6[/size][/b]
Added: New intro. A3 style.

Added: New Class SAS. Has the ability to HALO,depending on map size it starts at X-ray @ 9000ft-16000ft and you have to use your skill to get into position or the right location. Land in at Sea and the player automatically changes to diving gear. Main focus  is STEALTH. HALO feature maybe enabled in parameters (default: Enabled).

Changed: Class System have been edited to implement A3 Uniform/Headgear/Goggles/items etc.

Changed: Diver class has proper gear now. (diving suit). 

Removed: Quick diving gear addAction and script removed

Changed: VAS updated. 

Added: New Team Select system. Thanks to Xeno. You may Join AI group. If enable in parameters (default: Enabled).

Added/Changed: Group members can now Teleport or Parachute on Squad Leaders. Restrictions: Can not Teleport/Para near Zones, distance changeable via Clan rules, 100m from a squad leader and if there no more seats in a Squad Leader vehicle.  If enable in parameters (default: teleport).

Removed: Dr Eyeball's Team Status Dialog. It always been my favorite team dialog, but finding it hard to maintain it. 

Fixed: Undefined variables. Almost all have been ironed out. 

Changed: UPSMON Edited/Updated. AI can now use Vehicles.

Removed: Death Marker.

Removed: AUSCOG rules removed.

Fixed: textures for vehicles in MP fixed.

Added: New Map [AAS_T]KavalaFight  "CQB in Altis town of Kavala"

Added: Map player markers. Thanks to Aeroson's Dynamic Player Markers . AAS edited: see players with their chosen class on the map.

Changed:Capture Flags is now the proper textured pole flags.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

oO

AAS is back!

Could you provide a template, so we can make Altis missions yourselves?

:) No worries.

Edited by Karmichael

Love it so far, used to enjoy playing this with AGW years ago.

Few issues:

* HUD keeps disappearing for a lot of players - the minimap and the C: D: capture info. Also didn't their used to be a player count on the base info, so you know how many of each teams were 'in the zone' or has that been discarded?

* Fog - turned it off in start-up parameters. Within 10 minutes, fog had rolled in.

* ACRE: we would LOVE to play this with acre radios. I could edit the mission files for ourselves, but any chance of native support? ACRE voice works, but the radios are missing which is different from most non-acre missions - add ACRE to the server running any mission, and by default you spawn with a 343 radio, which a quick script can change for a 148.

More S Altis maps please!

Love it so far, used to enjoy playing this with AGW years ago.

Few issues:

* HUD keeps disappearing for a lot of players - the minimap and the C: D: capture info. Also didn't their used to be a player count on the base info, so you know how many of each teams were 'in the zone' or has that been discarded?

* Fog - turned it off in start-up parameters. Within 10 minutes, fog had rolled in.

* ACRE: we would LOVE to play this with acre radios. I could edit the mission files for ourselves, but any chance of native support? ACRE voice works, but the radios are missing which is different from most non-acre missions - add ACRE to the server running any mission, and by default you spawn with a 343 radio, which a quick script can change for a 148.

More S Altis maps please!

*The player count on the base info (1 v 2) - been hidden due to another clans not liking, too much AO info. But i accounted for it via rules set. Default/Public rules set allows for player count on the base info.

*HUD keeps disappearing for a lot of players - Try pressing keys on your keyboard ctr + H. It sets your HUD to minimal,reduced and normal, if its too cluttered. It may reset your HUD also.

* Fog - turned it off in start-up parameters. Within 10 minutes, fog had rolled in - Its been done deliberately in mission.sqm. So looks like it overrides any settings in start-up parameters. I'll look into this.:)

* ACRE - sure is a good idea.

Templates soon will be released. You may make your own maps:cool:. And your own clan rules sets.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Tried ctl-h to bring the HUD back but no success.

seemed to disappear every other respawn shortly after spawning, including the zone indicator info. Will try some more times and feedback

Definitely need more altis missions with at least 5 flags (small).

One small question. I tried to edit your mission, but where can i set the individual cap radius? There is a universal, mysterious capradius in the ruleset, but not specific for each flag.

Definitely need more altis missions with at least 5 flags (small).

One small question. I tried to edit your mission, but where can i set the individual cap radius? There is a universal, mysterious capradius in the ruleset, but not specific for each flag.

The cap radius is done manually in the mission.sqm on the MP mission editor. Change the A & B axis

arma3Capradiusedit_zpsdb03533d.jpg

Templates

AAS100]V6Templates

For set with scripts takes 30 minutes to kick in at the minimum (can be set longer in mission.sqm, but not shorter unless BIS ninja-fixed it). You will have to use setDate to the future to make the weather instantly kick in, but of course then you will need to also make sure to not mess it up for JIP players.

For set with scripts takes 30 minutes to kick in at the minimum (can be set longer in mission.sqm, but not shorter unless BIS ninja-fixed it). You will have to use setDate to the future to make the weather instantly kick in, but of course then you will need to also make sure to not mess it up for JIP players.

thanks galzohar :cool:

Can I alter the time of day? I tried in game but it seems to revert back to the mission's default time once in game.

Found out where to alter time of day :)

Can I alter the time of day? I tried in game but it seems to revert back to the mission's default time once in game.

you can change it via mission parameters in description.ext. Any time set in the sqm gets overided by the time set in description.ext.

arma32013-10-2718-56-32-37_zps6a1003a4.jpg?t=1382868238

DOWNLOADS

Mediafire mirror:

V7

-AAS Arma 3 Pack V7

Changelog:

[b][size=5]V7[/size][/b]
Added: 13 New Altis missions. Each map plays differently

Added: show notification (BIS_fnc_showNotification)

Changed/fixed: Map player markers. Added map name tags/Group name tags. Group colors/Team colors. Squad Leader Text color. 

Fixed: GUI (HUD-zones,minimap) disappearing on some missions. 

Added: Turn fatigue on/off via rules set.

Removed/Added: Old clean up script causing performance problems on Altis. Now replaced. Thanks to Aeroson's Clean Up script. 

Added: BIS Overview

Changed:Time of day has been set to Random as parameter default for all 25 maps.

arma32013-10-2719-06-43-56_zps5c412f10.jpg?t=1382868348

> Changed:Time of day has been set to Random as parameter default for all 25 maps.

Be careful with that - most players only like to play in clear sky at 12:00..

;2544097']> Changed:Time of day has been set to Random as parameter default for all 25 maps.

Yes..it's kinda "strange" rule to be the Default one.

I m wondering why there is no "ARMA.RU" ruleset.

There are LOTS of players who used that ruleset.

The preset i choose is the "Default" because is as-close-i can-get to ARMA.RU ruleset

..except EVERYTIME i must manually edit the parameters below.

"Spawn on Leader" --> Disable

"SAS parachute" --> Disable

"AI support enabled<4 players" --> Disable

If something can be done..i would have been happy-or else..nevermind np :)

;2544097']> Changed:Time of day has been set to Random as parameter default for all 25 maps.

:o come to think of it Yes your right. On all 25 map was excessive. I better fix that.

Yes..it's kinda "strange" rule to be the Default one.

I m wondering why there is no "ARMA.RU" ruleset.

There are LOTS of players who used that ruleset.

If something can be done..i would have been happy-or else..nevermind np :)

ARMA.RU ruleset was not requested so it was removed But its very easy to add it back again. I'll do that now. Let me know what you what changed.If not I'll use the same rules set settings as the ones in Arma 2.

"Spawn on Leader"  --> Disable
"SAS parachute"    --> Disable
"AI support enabled<4 players"   --> Disable

:eek:

I think its time put those into the Rules Set.

Thank you for your feedbacks. I'll do a quick update.:cool:

Edited by Karmichael

Thank you of being so kind.

I also have another suggestion most people here will probably agree.

The "introduction" music theme -for all missions- has such an amount of volume that might got you sued! (if you know what i mean) ;)

DOWNLOADS

Mediafire mirror:

V8

-AAS Arma 3 Pack V8

Changelog:

[b][size=5]V8[/size][/b]
Added: New Rules Set Arma3RU (Same rules as Arma2ru rules set in A2OA). 

Changed/fixed: AI Support now in rules Set only to disable/enable. Once its enabled you may further customize the AI settings (default: On when <= 4 players).
Rules Sets: ArmA3ru  = Disabled, AUSARMA = Enabled, Public = Enabled, German Ballerbude = Disabled.

Changed/fixed:Time of day has been set to noon as parameter default for most maps.

Changed/fixed: Go To Squad Leader Teleport/Parachute now in rules Set.
Rules Sets: ArmA3ru  = Disabled, AUSARMA = Teleport, Public = Parachute, German Ballerbude = Disabled.

Changed/fixed: SAS Class HALO now in rules Set. Disable/Enable
Rules Sets: ArmA3ru  = Disabled, AUSARMA = Enabled, Public = Disabled, German Ballerbude = Enabled.

Note: In future updates will add Rules set info/setting in briefing. 

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Thank you of being so kind.

I also have another suggestion most people here will probably agree.

The "introduction" music theme -for all missions- has such an amount of volume that might got you sued! (if you know what i mean) ;)

:o true...lol

@Karmichael

'lo again friend.

Tried for some hours the v8 pack and i must report some things.

As info we played only at ARMA.RU ruleset with custom hour 12:00

--

*There were some cases of players being invulnerable.

After asking them to disconnect to lobby and play again it has been fixed.

I can't be sure..maybe under "x" circumstances the "spawn protection" never expired?

There was no server lag (srvr FPS 50)

*Although ARMA.RU ruleset was selected..the "Virtual-darn-Ammobox" was still available for every newcomer to

feel the lol-ness of "Nightstalker optics" and other "tricky" things our kind BI provided us as troll-tools.

Please..at least consider if not removing it (The V.ammobox) completely..at least make it optional.

*There was a mission the timer was like 1365.45 minutes left (!!)

I know this isn't great help..but at least i can limit the investigation providing the info:It was -S- (small) map at Altis

*I selected an SAS class (so..class's Pros and Cons)..but in my inventory there was a rich selection of optics.

I can't be sure if this was intentional but..imHo this defeats the purpose of "Class" existence .. ;)

*I noticed the game made me Fireteam leader with the common subordinates icons below.

I don't believe this should be standard-Classic PvP behavior.I don't know for sure.

*The volume of music was still THAT high :D

We are getting there :)

UPDATED!

*We had 1 complain today from a player said Music stuck for infinite time

*Another complain was Spawn protection duration.

(I dont remember 10 or 15 secs?)

A player told me he was able to rush-cycle all camp Rogain within the duration of spawn protection to find enemies.

Maybe a value of 8 seconds will be "enough and fair".

UPDATED #2

* The "SAVE" feature (on ammobox) does not work until you at least die once..

Edited by GiorgyGR
(trying to make sense) :)

@Karmichael

'lo again friend.

Tried for some hours the v8 pack and i must report some things.

As info we played only at ARMA.RU ruleset with custom hour 12:00

--

After asking them to disconnect to lobby and play again it has been fixed.

I can't be sure..maybe under "x" circumstances the "spawn protection" never expired?

There was no server lag (srvr FPS 50)

*Although ARMA.RU ruleset was selected..the "Virtual-darn-Ammobox" was still available for every newcomer to

feel the lol-ness of "Nightstalker optics" and other "tricky" things our kind BI provided us as troll-tools.

Please..at least consider if not removing it (The V.ammobox) completely..at least make it optional.

I know this isn't great help..but at least i can limit the investigation providing the info:It was -S- (small) map at Altis

*I selected an SAS class (so..class's Pros and Cons)..but in my inventory there was a rich selection of optics.

I can't be sure if this was intentional but..imHo this defeats the purpose of "Class" existence .. ;)

*I noticed the game made me Fireteam leader with the common subordinates icons below.

I don't believe this should be standard-Classic PvP behavior.I don't know for sure.

We are getting there :)

UPDATED!

(I dont remember 10 or 15 secs?)

A player told me he was able to rush-cycle all camp Rogain within the duration of spawn protection to find enemies.

Maybe a value of 8 seconds will be "enough and fair".

UPDATED #2

I'll look into this. HandleDamage maybe pushing unexpected results.:confused:

I'll remove it in the next update. And reduce the volume in the intro music.:cool:

Yup thats me random music loop. I'll remove it, just testing.

I think thats maybe BIS ranking behavior. not sure :confused:

Newly time limit added 24hrs (1440mins). Some clans wanted a option to continue fighting until a side captures all the zones to Win, instead of ending early with a short time limit.

Are you talking about the "Save Loadout" or the Profile Save Gear? More info plz

One(vice-versa) or Both features needs to be enabled in parameters (Profile Save Gear) and Rules set (Can Custom loadout for Save loadout)

"Save Loadout": this feature allows you to save your custom loadout so ONLY when you die you will get your custom gear back.

"Profile Save Gear": this feature allows you to save your custom loadout into a profile so when you die or also when disconnect from server and reconnect a week later you would still have that same loadout.

All your questions below concerns the awesome custom-able rules sets. It can be very easily altered to give the required results. I'll sent you a PM with Arma2RU rule set code and you may alter the numbers (time/dist) and disable/enable, whatever you want changed in the rules set to suit your server needs. :yay:

*Although ARMA.RU ruleset was selected..the "Virtual-darn-Ammobox" was still available for every newcomer

Arma2 RU ruleset in arma 2 allowed custom loadout:) but Easy fix in rules set.

You can remove this class or name and customize a new class in rule set.

Again you can alter this in rules set even disable it.

I'll push out another update again this weekend.

Are you talking about the "Save Loadout" or the Profile Save Gear? More info plz

One(vice-versa) or Both features needs to be enabled in parameters (Profile Save Gear) and Rules set (Can Custom loadout for Save loadout)

"Save Loadout": this feature allows you to save your custom loadout so ONLY when you die you will get your custom gear back.

"Profile Save Gear": this feature allows you to save your custom loadout into a profile so when you die or also when disconnect from server and reconnect a week later you would still have that same loadout.

[/size]

I m talking about the AAS "native" SAVE/LOAD custom set-available at ammobox located on Objectives

I m sure my previous post seemed kinda "Overwhelming"..but i hope it have been useful

to you after the "stress"-tests we 've done last 3 days.

As always..Thanks for your effort to make this awesome mission pack :)

*PS I still believe the amazing-on-other-circumstances Virtual-frig..-Ammobox should be out!

NO MORE NAKED SOLJAHS IN THE FIELD!!..i 'll say :D

Edited by GiorgyGR

Which server is regularly running AAS right now? I tried to play this mission on our server, but there aren't enough pvp players left in A3 for multiple servers.

Maybe we could designate one server, where everyone can meet, similar to what galzohar did with his DTAS and his IDF server.