Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 2.5 Released

I feel like I might be the only one having this problem, but the units dont speak. Like absolutely nothing. Not English, not Vietnamese, not Russian, nothing. Is it just me?

Oh and of coarse, great mod. I can drum up the "missing" campaign for you guys eventually, if you will allow me some cooperation.

Also some documentation like classnames, how to use your modules etc would be helpful. I looked at UNS support module and it looks cool, I just dont know how to use it.

Edited by TexKaz

I am working on a campaign.

However, is it just me or are there less FPS on Unsung map than on vanilla map?

@ TexKaz,

They don't speak for mine too. I'm thinking it was done on purpose to make it more realistic. Like, in a real situation, you'll be using hand signals and stuff. But I might be wrong. The team seemed to have removed to radio text chats as well. So maybe it's all part of the mod.

I feel like I might be the only one having this problem, but the units dont speak. Like absolutely nothing. Not English, not Vietnamese, not Russian, nothing. Is it just me?

units shout and speak for me

Negative Damian, they said one of their new features is adding Vietnamese speech to OPFOR instead of Russian.

@Andy, hmm I wonder what is different? Did you download it from armaholic?

@ creators, I am running no other mods.

I get the DSAI talk like "Medic!" or 'Enemy over there!" and the like, but none of the usual ARMA 2 chatter. I haven't played on the OPFOR side so I can't speak for that. The DSAI chatter is automatically enabled once in game. I downloaded from six, and it appears to work fine.

I didn't download new version yet but if you dont hear if units speak you can check if they have item radio in inventory. Maybe here is the same as in I44, units dont have radio and you can hear them on very short distance.

Negative Damian, they said one of their new features is adding Vietnamese speech to OPFOR instead of Russian.

@Andy, hmm I wonder what is different? Did you download it from armaholic?

@ creators, I am running no other mods.

yes i am download it from armaholic

any CBA problem?

Guys please read the release notes that installed with the mod it will tell you the reason you not hearing the DSAI . Its in your root dir called unsung 2.5 release notes & Eula. As far as the air support script you need to place the support module on the map, config the settings and enter the game.

Use your compass to get the direction set the slider to the that heading. Then set the distance from your location, select type of support , set the bomb spread, direction you want aircraft to enter the screen and hit ok .

For those who didn't read it the DSAI only works in safe careless and danger modes, not in aware or stealth. Again all is in the release notes. All the Arma chatter was removed since it more an annoyance than anything and it was the only way to remove the Russian voices. Our DSAI does not replace the vanilla arma commands and chatter ..Yet. What it does is create random chatter for the AI that's all. In relation to the manual the guy that made the original is not with us anymore. It has not been update but I have included it in the link below , it may answer your questions on class names etc

2.0 Manual :

http://www.mediafire.com/?e2et2ys67cr16u8

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Thank you Savage!!! for 2.5!! AWSOME ;) Downloading now.

i also want to thank you savage and all the team unsung for your hard and great work. All the ARMA gamers will game for me the best mod of ever.

thanks thanks and more ............................................................................................

Any UNSUNG 2.5 servers online yet? Can't find any vanilla unsung ones, only one UNS+ ACE2. If you have server, please, post them here :)

Thanks, but what are the class names for the factions?

Also I've been trying to get the division patches to work and I keep getting "Invalid Number in Expression" when I try to accept and copy and pasted the command line from the manual.

This is the line:

this setobjecttexture [0,â€\uns_army\data\1acavs_co.paaâ€];

It worked just fine when I put the 1st Air Calvary nose art on the two Hueys I have.

Hmm I dunno we didn't edit the patches etc... I will post all the class names & factions when I get a chance

The manual you posted is 2.0 instead of 2.5

Is it normal?

Thanks, but what are the class names for the factions?

Also I've been trying to get the division patches to work and I keep getting "Invalid Number in Expression" when I try to accept and copy and pasted the command line from the manual.

This is the line:

this setobjecttexture [0,â€\uns_army\data\1acavs_co.paaâ€];

It worked just fine when I put the 1st Air Calvary nose art on the two Hueys I have.

That's because the " is in Italic Type! So switch the †to " and it should work!

/Arclight

Unsung team

please could you tell me how did you force aircraft to drop bombs in your support script? i got AI airstrike script generaly done. but this is really problem. I use fire order but it dont works on Unsung aircrafts for me. :-(

I'll be working on this mod this week (been busy this weekend) I will:

- post up a full classlist

- make an evolution co-op mission

- host it on dedi server (NO ACE)

more soon

Unsung team

please could you tell me how did you force aircraft to drop bombs in your support script? i got AI airstrike script generaly done. but this is really problem. I use fire order but it dont works on Unsung aircrafts for me. :-(

The manual you posted is 2.0 instead of 2.5

Is it normal?

Does nobody take the time to READ what I write?!! Look just a few posts back :crazy:

I will make a short video how to use the support interface soon when I get some time since, I guess it can be a little confusing

Guys please read the release notes that installed with the mod it will tell you the reason you not hearing the DSAI . Its in your root dir called unsung 2.5 release notes & Eula. As far as the air support script you need to place the support module on the map, config the settings and enter the game.

Use your compass to get the direction set the slider to the that heading. Then set the distance from your location, select type of support , set the bomb spread, direction you want aircraft to enter the screen and hit ok .

For those who didn't read it the DSAI only works in safe careless and danger modes, not in aware or stealth. Again all is in the release notes. All the Arma chatter was removed since it more an annoyance than anything and it was the only way to remove the Russian voices. Our DSAI does not replace the vanilla arma commands and chatter ..Yet. What it does is create random chatter for the AI that's all. In relation to the manual the guy that made the original is not with us anymore. It has not been updated but I have included it in the link below , it may answer your questions on class names etc

2.0 Manual :

http://www.mediafire.com/?e2et2ys67cr16u8

I'll be working on this mod this week (been busy this weekend) I will:

- post up a full classlist

- make an evolution co-op mission

- host it on dedi server (NO ACE)

more soon

Thanks Eggbeast I'm burnt out ATM and under the pump ... if you could do that I would be grateful :)

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

lol, no it's just that as there are a lot of new things, I dunno whether it's relevant to post the old version of the manual, as some things wont be in there.

sorry i wrote it wrong... I know how to use modul. Since release i didnt do anything else than burning VC :-). I just want to know how did you force the pilot to drop the bombs. (i searched right classname of bomb and use fire command but nothing happend).

Great job on latest release just love the new voices some really hilarious quips.Those new loading screens brilliant.Hopefully a new manual is needed especially how to insert specific sounds with a trigger.That navy F4 seems different than the ones shown a long time back,am i right?All in all well done, thankyou.Thanks also to Sickboy for SU really neat tool makes modding a breeze.

Great job on latest release just love the new voices some really hilarious quips.Those new loading screens brilliant.Hopefully a new manual is needed especially how to insert specific sounds with a trigger.That navy F4 seems different than the ones shown a long time back,am i right?All in all well done, thankyou.Thanks also to Sickboy for SU really neat tool makes modding a breeze.

We will try and update the manual soon. Also regarding the original F4 model it was pulled at the last minute by the author Yac to be "Sold" to a flight simulator or other game .. a massive disappointment to us really but thanks to Aplion he made a new one.

Speaking of aircraft found this on youtube the other day ;)

WCS_6kFVgaw

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE