Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 2.5 Released

1copyai.jpg

UNSUNG VIETNAM WAR MOD 2.5 RELEASED !!!

13-04-2013

IT IS FINALLY HERE …

Years in the making countless hours spent editing, changing, testing, editing some more … Well you get the idea.

With the early arrival of Arma 3 our project had to be fast tracked and unfortunately, all of the intended content didn’t make it in this time around. However, with a host of new equipment, countless bug fixes & improvements this has become our most complete and stable release to date.

A series of new enhancements and features have been added Such as, our custom DSAI module which plays dynamic voices in English, Vietnamese and Viet English. Which ,gives you situational awareness of where your team mates are and more importantly where the enemy is whilst in fighting in the thick overgrowth.

Also we have included a series of ambience loops found under triggers making it the most realistic experience yet, featuring combat and environmental loops that the player can add to spice up any mission.

Want to add some ambience to your firebase or outpost camp? Or need something to listen to when your squad is gearing up in MP games? Our virtual radio station pumps out songs with over 80 tracks of commercials and music from the 60’s.All tracks play randomly so no listening session is ever the same. And when you’re out in the boonies our virtual Military Radio station plays real authentic military radio from the Vietnam war through the RTO’s radio pack both east and west sides.

Popular enhancement mods like ACE and ACRE are compatible with our mod. However, They have not been fully tested and may still have some issues. All additional enhancements and features can be found in the attached release notes, so remember to have a look for instructions how to utilise our latest enhancements.

We have also included a self-installer this time around since some community members got confused how to install the mod in our 2.0 release. Now it couldn’t be easier.

We want to specially thank the following people for their generous contribution and dedication to the 2.5 release.

Aplion

American Society of Military History Museum, South El Monte, Ca

Brainbug

Geloxo

Super 6.1

Vilas

Wolfrug

Again we would like to thank the community for the ongoing support over the years and those that helped us along the way.

So hang up your desert fatigues, slap on some camo face paint, load your M16 ,watch out for Charlie.

And Good luck out there, You’re gonna need it

Regards

The Unsung Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE : DELETE ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THE UNSUNG MOD BEFORE INSTALLING 2.5

MOD REQUIRES : Operation Arrowhead Expansion

CBA - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

Mirrors:

Armaholic http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12267

Torrent : http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8369455

Six Updater :@UNS

ixyqg2.png

@UNS_ACE_compact

ixyqg2.png

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

finally here!

downloading now!

thx to Savage and the UNSUNG Team for their work, congrats on the release guys! cant wait to try it out :bounce3:

Will let you know if any problems or errors pop up, and good luck getting it over to A3,

Amazing job guys, thx.

Great news and thank you for the release :)

I have a problem though while downloading the mod. The downloading stuck at 27% and nothing happens right now.

It's the first time I download from this specific website(MEGA) and I have no clue why it stopped:(

I cancelled the download and I will wait for some other mirror :(

I can't find the already downloaded content though :j:

Nice work. I'll download it once the SixUpdater mirror is updated so I can grab it off of Armarize.

Great news and thank you for the release :)

I have a problem though while downloading the mod. The downloading stuck at 27% and nothing happens right now.

It's the first time I download from this specific website(MEGA) and I have no clue why it stopped:(

Yea, same here, at 19% :S

Servers must be overloaded then I dunno i was assured this server could handle it .. please be patient

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

I can't find the already downloaded content though :j:

If you canceled download you don't find any parts of downloaded files.

@SGT_SAVAGE and Unsung team

Congrats on the release and thx for your work.

Thank you! As soon as I get home I will DL this. I'm so looking forward to nam and listen to the radio station :)

While this will be our final release for Arma 2 the team is continuing on to Arma 3. Therefore, no further development will be completed on the A2 engine. Further bug fixes will only occur if this initial release has something major affecting the mod gameplay.

Good call. Relax and play your mod until you're ready for A3!

Servers must be overloaded then I dunno i was assured this server could handle it .. please be patient

Nvm, seems if i took the window out of view it would stop, managed to get it.

Nice sounds for the installer :p

Psst, In the title of the thread ;)

a good news and a bad one today

- Unsung 2.5 is out :yay:

- stucked at 26% at each try :butbut:

More mirrors on the front page :)

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Managed to download and it the two .bin folders were corrupted..

got no problem with play with six download, actually enjoying a patrol with a pbr on cao bang :cool:

Thank you Savage!!! for 2.5!! AWSOME ;) Downloading now.

! E:\Hämtade Filer\unsung2.5.rar: CRC failed in UNSUNG Installer-2.bin. The file is corrupt

! E:\Hämtade Filer\unsung2.5.rar: Unexpected end of archive

:(

! E:\Hämtade Filer\unsung2.5.rar: CRC failed in UNSUNG Installer-2.bin. The file is corrupt

! E:\Hämtade Filer\unsung2.5.rar: Unexpected end of archive

:(

Try armaholic mate your download must have got corrupted

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Try armaholic mate your download must have got corrupted

I did download it from armaholic, FTP 1. Can't even download it from FTP 2 but I'm downloading it via six updater now.

awesome - downloading and porting evolution onto it - ETA wednesday

Armaholic download link > files corrupted

unable to find any correct links to dld the mod