DnA

General Discussion (dev branch)

22856 posts in this topic

Tweaked: The most obvious "hand to face" idle animations are no longer used for player characters

Oh thank god

3 people like this

Tweaked: The most obvious "hand to face" idle animations are no longer used for player characters

I think it shouldn't be completely  deleted. Reduced chance of appearing could be better.

2 people like this

It will be removed from players only, the AIs still have it. It's not something you'll miss much, really (quite the opposite, in fact).

2 people like this

On 9/19/2017 at 10:28 AM, razazel said:

Hi, would you mind providing repro steps or a repro mission where this happens? (PM me the mission if you wish)

Hi,

Just to be clear, I know that the weapon shouldn't be in game, but at the time this script was wrote (over a year ago), the only scopes available were for primary weapons.  So there seemed no need to check for if any scope fits a launcher or not.  As you can see from code below, it checks for the scope property, and makes sure the class has a model and picture.  So in theory, it should filter out any base classes or classes not supposed to be in game.

I presume someone has either added "optic_PGO7_blk_F" recently, or it was "scope = 1" and someone has recently changed the "scope" property to 2 for whatever reason (perhaps it is to be added in tanks dlc etc).  Idk, anyway, this error is new as I've been running it for about a year with no pop-up error up until now.

Here is a script that collects scope classes.  The error is when a subsequent script tries to add it as an attachment.

// fnc to collect all scopes in game - fnc does not sort primary from secondary
//  as there was no need because all scopes previously were for primary weapons
_scopes = [];
_cfgWeapons = configFile >> "CfgWeapons";
for "_i" from 0 to count _cfgWeapons - 1 do {
    _cfgEntry = _cfgWeapons select _i;
    if (isClass _cfgEntry
        and {getNumber (_cfgEntry >> "scope") == 2}
        and {getText (_cfgEntry >> "model") != ""}
        and {getText (_cfgEntry >> "picture") != ""}
    ) then {
        _class = configName _cfgEntry;
        if (isClass (_cfgWeapons >> _class >> "ItemInfo")) exitWith {
            if (getNumber (_cfgWeapons >> _class >> "ItemInfo" >> "type") == 201) then {
                _scopes pushBack _class
            }
        }
    }
};

// so then, error would arise when it assumes all scopes are for primary weapons and it tries
// to add "optic_PGO7_blk_F" as a scope to a primary weapon
// for example:

player addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_PGO7_blk_F"

// BUT, you can easily get this same error by trying to add item to correct launcher

player addSecondaryWeaponItem "optic_PGO7_blk_F"

Seems to me it should be scope = 1 if it isn't supposed to be in game (and doesn't have a model that will load in-game).

Hope that clears it up for you.

4 hours ago, dragon01 said:

It will be removed from players only, the AIs still have it. It's not something you'll miss much, really (quite the opposite, in fact).

I will miss it, it really ties me with the good old Alpha days and gives me some kind of nostalgia feeling. Agree, it was sometimes annoying, but wasn't that annoying like boot-checking animation, that was very frequent to me, more than sun-shielding.