DnA

General Discussion (dev branch)

22856 posts in this topic

On 27.08.2017 at 2:25 AM, wiki said:

-In the showcase "combined arms", the Blackfoot doesn't fire anymore.

It just comes, fly by the camp and hovers behind it. It no longer circle above nor fire at the enemy.

Thats beacuse bug i reported long time ago. Bug is very easy to fix, its beacuse allowfleeing is now 1 for all units. Choppers rather to fly little away from threat and hover nomatter what instead attack target that is shooting to it. 
Allowfleeing 0 is taking problem down, but as You have stated, in missions not done by us, its impossible to change this value. So....

Please BIS, change allowfleeing 1 to allowfleeing 0 at least for attack helicopters, or modify their pathfinding, so they will hover somewhere further (2 km away), so nobody would shoot them off.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vasily.B said:

Thats beacuse bug i reported long time ago. Bug is very easy to fix, its beacuse allowfleeing is now 1 for all units. Choppers rather to fly little away from threat and hover nomatter what instead attack target that is shooting to it. 
Allowfleeing 0 is taking problem down, but as You have stated, in missions not done by us, its impossible to change this value. So....

Please BIS, change allowfleeing 1 to allowfleeing 0 at least for attack helicopters, or modify their pathfinding, so they will hover somewhere further (2 km away), so nobody would shoot them off.

 

Just noticed this and was wondering why my Gunship just stopped moving - with my tail to the enemy - and well within gun range - how strange...

 

Regards,
Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone else check this?

I believe the debug console is buggy:

 

I pasted this code into the debug console on current devbranch, no error shows up, returns empty array.

[slick1,slick2,slick3,slick4,slick5] select {not isNil {_x}};

Then I spawned it:

nul = [] spawn {[slick1,slick2,slick3,slick4,slick5] select {not isNil {_x}};};

and the error shows up...

 

Ticket.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmed.

I haven't actually done any comprehensive testing but seems that ever since 64bit the error handling is been somehow weird in unscheduled environment, missing blatantly erroneous code and such..
Of course that can just be my shitty codes though :P

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few weeks ago I asked about code / debugging stuff in here already, but got completely ignored. Scripts that were working fine for two years suddenly started throwing error messages, despite nothing had changed. No idea if it's in any way related, as I don't have enough knowledge in real programming.

 

/edit:

I've fixed most of these issues later with rewriting the code, removing all the spawn{} etc... after that the error messages were gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Added: "dispersion" now works for rockets / missiles

Thank you so much. The ranges that you could rocket snipe with jets where insane.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lexx said:

Few weeks ago I asked about code / debugging stuff in here already, but got completely ignored. Scripts that were working fine for two years suddenly started throwing error messages, despite nothing had changed. No idea if it's in any way related, as I don't have enough knowledge in real programming.

 

/edit:

I've fixed most of these issues later with rewriting the code, removing all the spawn{} etc... after that the error messages were gone.

 

Well that's what the feedback tracker is there for.

On 4/11/2013 at 2:45 PM, DnA said:

Actual issue reporting should still happen via the Feedback Tracker of course. Thank you!

 

Doubt the devs scan through every post to find bug reports.

These days I'm not even sure the feedback tracker gets any attention, heh.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, but if I post in here then also to see if other folks noticed anything weird as well. Like I said, I'm not a good programmer at all, so all these issues could also happen because I just don't know what I'm doing. Making a ticket for such issues then can end up being quite embarrassing. 

Oh yeah, and I don't really feel very motivated to deal with that weird interface...

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2017 at 3:14 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Getting frequent crashes upon exiting the MP editor in the current devbranch build which updated today.

Always status access violation.

If this keeps up I'll need to revert to stable branch, saved one error report so far if interested.

 

Cheers


Hi, we are not able to reproduce it here, could you please provide repro mission or steps to reproduce? :)

Cheers! 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Karloff said:


Hi, we are not able to reproduce it here, could you please provide repro mission or steps to reproduce? :)

Cheers! 

 

Hey thanks for looking into it, fortunately I have been editing for a few hours without a crash now,

tried to replicate the crash for about 15 minutes earlier today in the same mission, didn't happen since.

 

The occurences happened in the MP editor, locally hosted session:

  1. Editing mission
  2. Test changes during mission
  3. Run a few debug scripts
  4. Solving π
  5. Decide to make a few changes
  6. Hit "Abort"
  7. Debriefing screen
  8. Lobby
  9. Hit escape
  10. Crash in 1 out of 5 cases just before the editor should pop up again

 

Last crash happened yesterday, no crashes for today even with me trying to force a crash doing the above.

If it happens again I'll post it here.

 

Cheers

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

createSimpleObject will crash the game when you tries to create a weapon(eg "A3\Weapons_F_Exp\Rifles\AKM\AKM_F.p3d")

 

(Am I posting at correct topic?)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since today's update one can also set the leaflet type via Pylon settings for all medical drones. Is that intended?

On a further note; Good job on the new SFXs for explosives!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, R3vo said:

Since today's update one can also set the leaflet type via Pylon settings for all medical drones. Is that intended?

On a further note; Good job on the new SFXs for explosives!

Eden Editor 
Added: Leaflets can be now equipped for Utility Drones through the "Pylon Settings" tab

Will this change also mean we can drop leaflets from any aircraft that uses pylons?

Grumpys Aircraft Loadout mod allows the ability to use all available weapons on any aircraft with loadout support.

I could picture a Blackfish or GhostHawk dropping propaganda leaflets when a drone isn't available asset depending on scenario.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, R3vo said:

Since today's update one can also set the leaflet type via Pylon settings for all medical drones. Is that intended?

Collateral feature? :don9:

It's not its primary purpose, but perhaps there are situations where it would be desired - like it spreading information about an epidemic over an area (via the custom leaflets)?

11 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jnr4817 said:

Eden Editor 
Added: Leaflets can be now equipped for Utility Drones through the "Pylon Settings" tab

Will this change also mean we can drop leaflets from any aircraft that uses pylons?

Grumpys Aircraft Loadout mod allows the ability to use all available weapons on any aircraft with loadout support.

I could picture a Blackfish or GhostHawk dropping propaganda leaflets when a drone isn't available asset depending on scenario.

It already does, my script reads stuff from the config. You only need to set

GOM_fnc_allowAllPylons = true;

in the parameters file.

It's configured as a pylon -> my script will use it.

Simple as that.

 

You probably need to add custom leaflet classes to make it work.

 

Cheers

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28.8.2017 at 2:14 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Any chance to finally get rid of those annoying "Hand to the face" idle animations?

Good reminder, they annoy me at times... IIRC Koffeinflummi removed the animations with his AGM mod which was before ACE3 came out.

 

Guys I was absent from modding for a longer time and just recognized, in ArmAs main menu there is now room for mod options (settings that can be defined by mods), can you please point me to documentation/keywords for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:15 AM, x3kj said:

Thank you so much. The ranges that you could rocket snipe with jets where insane.

 

Have you actually tried this in game yet?  Does it add the dispersion factor to existing rockets already?

 

If so Im super happy about this for the exact reason you mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the rocket dispersion based on rocket type?

 

For example, could the larger rocket pods (EG Kajman) have a wide dispersion range to make it easier to saturate a target area, compared to the smaller rocket pods (EG the ones on the A-164) having a tighter spread so are more accurate? 

 

That would mean there were be a reason for choosing to have a smaller pod instead of always using the largest possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rocket dispersion will be configured after Low Dlc release - right now there is strict data lock engaged & while in theory adding customized dispersion parameters shouldn't cause any issues (since next stable version will be without working dispersion for rockets), it's still safer to keep it as it is.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah was just about to come here and report that there's no dispersion as yet for the rockets.  Building the back end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

since next stable version will be without working dispersion for rockets

 

:dontgetit:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2017 at 0:53 PM, pr9inichek said:

Wounded soldier plays healing animation twice (when lying on the ground)

 

 

 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126591

Hi, thanks!
We will look on that. :)

Cheers

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Dev Team,

Will the ticket I raised regarding the clipping of 2 pieces of Laws of War equipment be addressed before official release?...the ticket his currently "acknowledged" but not assigned.

Official release of premium content is days away and these are new assets which clip badly when combined with each other....https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126492

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now