I hope you do it. I found TLI rather unintuitive and imprecise. Gun cross is often rather large, and I found that trying to aim at the TLI bug is not easy. It also runs counter to CCIP, where you put the CCIP piper over the targetbox and fire.

I also found DLC aircraft guns rather underwhelming, compounding the problem. Nevermind being useless for strafing (they were never supposed to be good at that), but in air combat they're plagued by low rate of fire, poor sighting and lack of stopping power. GSh-30-1 (presumably what Shikra's gun is) has a ROF of 1500 rpm, but can destroy an air target in as few as 5 rounds. Even for something like the Wipeout, a single hit should cripple multiple systems, not to mention they should cut through trucks like hot knife through butter (limited ammo notwithstanding). The Vulcan fires at a rate of 6000 rpm instead, dealing much less damage per round, but practically ensuring you get a few on the target even during a snapshot (spraying as the target passes the LCOS piper is a valid gunnery technique). Gripen's BK-27 is similar to GSh-30-1, firing powerful rounds at 1700 rpm. Additionally, rounds fired by air-to-air guns are closer HE rounds (usually a bit more complex) than to API. 

On a final note, quit localizing "gatling" as "minigun". The former is not trademarked and the way it currently is looks rather silly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oukej said:

...Saying that - we do acknowledge that the TLI is quite suboptimal for jets use....

I can live with the TLI, but any chance of getting a gun boresight crosshair in the HUD for all aircrafts? E.g. The black wasp is ... challenging... currently to aim.

Also, i also second HE ammo (or mix) and gatling gun naming. :)

Just now, jone_kone said:

4 hours ago, oukej said:

...Saying that - we do acknowledge that the TLI is quite suboptimal for jets use....

I can live with the TLI, but any chance of getting a gun boresight crosshair in the HUD for all aircrafts? E.g. The

w sign in the middle serves as a boresight indicator too right now

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, reyhard said:

w sign in the middle serves as a boresight indicator too right now

Thanks for the feedback! :)

That is just it. Not used to using my roll-indicator (w) as a boresight. Also the w+TLI hud icons togheter are a bit of a clutter. Optimally you would have the boresight and gun alignment above the w as a separate indicator (helps btw in turning dogfights). 

I do understand that Arma has its linitations and that not everything is as easy to implement as it sounds. But one can always wish, right? :)

Tweaked: The debug console can now be configured with the "enableDebugConsole" root mod parameter 

Does this mean that enableDebugConsole[] = {"yourid"}; doesn't work any longer and to use enableDebugConsole = 1; again?

Gun cross should be easy to implement, though. Just make the gun point a bit above the aircraft centerline and draw a fixed graphic on HUD in the proper spot. Using the "watermark" as a boresight is weird.

1 hour ago, ArYxRayx said:

Does this mean that enableDebugConsole[] = {"yourid"}; doesn't work any longer and to use enableDebugConsole = 1; again?

No, array variant should still work. This new enableDebugConsole param is for use in root of a mod. If there is no mission option for debug console, it will look in the main config or mod config. If you have admin mod for example and would like console to be available to everyone with this mod, you can add enableDebugConsole = 2; to your admin mod. Default value is 0. 

• Like 2

Tweaked: The debug console can now be configured with the "enableDebugConsole" root mod parameter 

This is so handy, thank you.

The amount of times I have gone to test a mission on my local dedicated server and forgot to enable the debug console and end up swearing at myself whilst shutting every thing down, editing the mission and restarting everything. Now I just have a mod installed on my development profile, job done.

• Like 2

That's a sweet easteregg to added there! ;)

Warning! Spoiler!

Spoiler

tKP6dQW.jpg

• Like 13

- I am the commander of a vehicle.

- I have a UAV terminal connected to a UAV.

- I order my driver to go somewhere.

- Now I take control over the UAV.

- My driver stops the vehicle and won't do anything until I give the order to move again.

- As soon as I hop back into the UAV, the vehicle stops again, etc.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Added: A new "muzzleImpulseFactor" magazine parameter (range 0 - 1 to tweak the recoil force on vehicles) 

Thank you for this addition. Do i understand it correctly that value 1 is the standard we currently had? Does this act as modifier to the "default" recoil force (based of some undisclosed function involving the projectile damage values) ? Because if yes, that would mean recoil force could only be reduced (infinitely), but not increased at all.

Is there a way this could be changed to be a simple factor, without limit?  The recoil force depends on the damage properties of the projectile, which is not good for when the damage needs to be lower, but recoil visually higher.

I made a ticket a while back. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121475

Alternatively and preferably even, the impulse should just be a raw value for recoil force and the contrived dependency on projectile damage properties removed. Because if it is just a factor, then everytime damage properties are adjusted one has to readjust recoil as well.

Also, is the recoil still exclusive to shotShell simulation? Or has this been changed?

1 hour ago, x3kj said:

Thank you for this addition. Do i understand it correctly that value 1 is the standard we currently had? Does this act as modifier to the "default" recoil force (based of some undisclosed function involving the projectile damage values) ? Because if yes, that would mean recoil force could only be reduced (infinitely), but not increased at all.

Is there a way this could be changed to be a simple factor, without limit?  The recoil force depends on the damage properties of the projectile, which is not good for when the damage needs to be lower, but recoil visually higher.

I made a ticket a while back. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121475

Alternatively and preferably even, the impulse should just be a raw value for recoil force and the contrived dependency on projectile damage properties removed. Because if it is just a factor, then everytime damage properties are adjusted one has to readjust recoil as well.

Also, is the recoil still exclusive to shotShell simulation? Or has this been changed?

Great suggestions! Is muzzleImpulseFactor factor tank barrel and how does it connects with the rest of the tank hull recoil? Does muzzleImpulsefactor affect gunner reticle or his sight?

10 hours ago, en3x said:

Great suggestions! Is muzzleImpulseFactor factor tank barrel and how does it connects with the rest of the tank hull recoil? Does muzzleImpulsefactor affect gunner reticle or his sight?

It's a factor - I Tested it on RHS tanks with value 100 & tank fall over when shooting to the sides. Though bear in mind that I was told it's better to keep it in 0-1 range and usage of higher values is commenced on own risk. I can later post formula for current recoil force if you are interested in it

• Like 4

I would like to learn as much as I can. If you could post formula that would be great.

3 hours ago, reyhard said:

It's a factor - I Tested it on RHS tanks with value 100 & tank fall over when shooting to the sides. Though bear in mind that I was told it's better to keep it in 0-1 range and usage of higher values is commenced on own risk. I can later post formula for current recoil force if you are interested in it

Thats awesome! So the vehicles can actually feel the force behind the cannon shooting now! Fuck yeah

• Like 1

On 24.6.2017 at 0:37 PM, xxgetbuck123 said:

Thats awesome! So the vehicles can actually feel the force behind the cannon shooting now! Fuck yeah

This was already the case long before, but the recoil was determined only by the projectile "damage stats" - so not really tweakable.

On 24.6.2017 at 9:17 AM, reyhard said:

I can later post formula for current recoil force if you are interested in it

That would be great, thanks

Anyone else having trouble with guided weapons since the 1.72 ? I feel like everytime a DAGR, GBU or any other guided weapon is fired (when locked), it just goes straight like a rocket without guidance.

I'll post a vid if needed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KiTooN said:

Anyone else having trouble with guided weapons since the 1.72 ? I feel like everytime a DAGR, GBU or any other guided weapon is fired (when locked), it just goes straight like a rocket without guidance.

Same here. Even "next target" feature is not working on 2 crewed helis/jets (mods).

9 minutes ago, Vasily.B said:

Same here. Even "next target" feature is not working on 2 crewed helis/jets (mods).

Have these been upgraded to the new Sensors? CUP at least hasn't yet (Update due soon)

16 minutes ago, KiTooN said:

8 minutes ago, Vasily.B said:

Hi  there!
Tried on Stable version and our internal version. Its working. Could you provide me more information and video please? :)

Thanks

On 6/23/2017 at 5:16 PM, lexx said:

- I am the commander of a vehicle.

- I have a UAV terminal connected to a UAV.

- I order my driver to go somewhere.

- Now I take control over the UAV.

- My driver stops the vehicle and won't do anything until I give the order to move again.

- As soon as I hop back into the UAV, the vehicle stops again, etc.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Nice catch! :)
Reproduced and sent for fix.

Thank you.

• Like 6

Hi @Karloff

SInce your around here, did you have time to answer some small questions?

:)

Is it possible for a jet to select and lock a target that is send via the datalink? So far, all my attempt were a fail.

Is it possible to add the turret stabilization from the TGP/drone turret to chopper turret? At least the AREA mode. It would really usefull and I don't know how to do it with script. :/

Do you know what are the difference between all the Next Target Bind? We have like 4 of them without any explanation...

49 minutes ago, S3blapin said:

Is it possible for a jet to select and lock a target that is send via the datalink? So far, all my attempt were a fail.

It is possible. However the vehicle has to have such capability configured via a "data link sensor" (Arma_3_Sensors#Data_Link). At this moment - in a trial - only the anti air platforms have it.

Is it possible to add the turret stabilization from the TGP/drone turret to chopper turret? At least the AREA mode. It would really usefull and I don't know how to do it with script. :/

There's no scripted way of doing that. The stabilization atm can be added via config property directionStabilized, however that will force the gunner into an non-switchable turret stabilization. Many players didn't like that. 
TGPs use different technology (class pilotCamera) that offers a superior control and has a better, switchable stabilization than normal turrets. 
Once again this is something we'd love to improve but sadly that doesn't mean we will.

Do you know what are the difference between all the Next Target Bind? We have like 4 of them without any explanation...

Next target (in vehicle) is the only one relevant at this moment.

• Like 5

@Karloff, sure, i'll get you a vid as soon as I get home, so far I only got a screenshot :

http://hpics.li/a315aa0 (the bright thing above the target is the DAGR flying away)

Repro :

- Get yourself a Comanche, a AR-2 (both airborne) and some kind of target (a wreck in my case)

- Edit the gunner so he has a drone terminal

- Play as gunner

- Connect to the drone

- Paint the target, lock the turret

- Switch to the gunner, lock the DAGR, fire

The missile goes straight, although it seems to explode when near enough from the target.

This makes me think it doesn't have any guidance, although the lock works fine.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, KiTooN said:

@Karloff, sure, i'll get you a vid as soon as I get home, so far I only got a screenshot :

http://hpics.li/a315aa0 (the bright thing above the target is the DAGR flying away)

Repro :

- Get yourself a Comanche, a AR-2 (both airborne) and some kind of target (a wreck in my case)

- Edit the gunner so he has a drone terminal

- Play as gunner

- Connect to the drone

- Paint the target, lock the turret

- Switch to the gunner, lock the DAGR, fire

The missile goes straight, although it seems to explode when near enough from the target.

This makes me think it doesn't have any guidance, although the lock works fine.

I see, reproduced. Problem is with Drones and its Laser targets. Sent to our programmers. 

Thank you very much! :)

• Like 8