DnA

General Discussion (dev branch)

22858 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2017 at 11:13 AM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Got this error when shooting down aircrafts, error in marta module, whatever the hell that is, didn't place it.

MsXwWzk.jpg

 

Cheers

Could you please provide more information?
Thanks.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Karloff said:

Could you please provide more information?
Thanks.

That's all I got. Tried to reproduce it to no avail.

If it appears again I'll keep you posted.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't really relevant to the current Jets discussion pages, so I figured this would be the place for it.

 I remember several months ago that some photos were posted about some WIP progress on hand models for miniguns, taken from the Huron I believe- Your characters hands were shown holding and moving along with the weapon, rather than resting in your lap.

That hasn't seem to have appeared on Dev or Stable since- has it been cut? 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2017 at 10:13 AM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Got this error when shooting down aircrafts, error in marta module, whatever the hell that is, didn't place it.

MsXwWzk.jpg

 

Cheers


Most likely caused by null group which made getGroupIconParams return empty array. The command has been tweaked to return default values when group is null, so this should not happen again.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No update today, my devs have gone away
The patches stand forlorn, a symbol of the dawn
No update today, it seems a common sight
But people TKing by don't know the reason why
 
How could they know just what this huge letdown means?
The end of all my hopes, the end of all my dreams
How could they know a DLC there had been
Behind the door, where milsim reigned as queen
6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, that's old. :) I wonder if I'm the only other person (almost certainly the only ~20 years old) on this forum with the slightest idea of where that song came from, let alone listened to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:
No update today, my devs have gone away
The patches stand forlorn, a symbol of the dawn
No update today, it seems a common sight
But people TKing by don't know the reason why
 
How could they know just what this huge letdown means?
The end of all my hopes, the end of all my dreams
How could they know a DLC there had been
Behind the door, where milsim reigned as queen

Huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 60s are not strong with this one... :) (also, thanks for getting this stuck in my head. That thing's a bloody earworm!)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, takehomethecup said:

Huh?

No milk for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bakimaster91 said:

The new FCS calculates the range, auto elevates guns and machine guns, calculates lead magnificently....only when standing... whole new story begins when the vehicle starts to move and LASEs targets... the FCS goes crazy and treats its own vehicle movement as a movement of the target in crosshairs and applies lead ! :P

 

Taking the shooters movement should be taken into account, because the sideways velocity is passed on from the shooter to the projectile. It looks like the movement is not factored in now.

But I swear it was before when the new system was just introduced. Was it nerfed or broken?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, FCS should take relative speed into account. In fact, given how the real thing measures it, it would be more difficult to figure out ground speed from an FCS reading than relative speed.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know if DEVs will even notice my feedback.. How Can I put it to the feedback tracker?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have any issues with their joystick lately>?   My analog features are broken.  Meaning when i up the throttle for example, it's either 100 or 0 and see same affect in controller setup (X-Y axis as well).  I already have it configured for analog correctly and this was working in the past.  I stopped playing within the last couple months, so nothing really changed other then updates most likely.

 

Any ideas what it could be?  I have a Logitech Extreme 3D

 

Error on my end, sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bakimaster91 said:

I dont know if DEVs will even notice my feedback.. How Can I put it to the feedback tracker?? 


What wold you like to submit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to submit what I wrote earlier about FCS :)

Wysłane z mojego SM-G920F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jcae2798 said:

Anyone have any issues with their joystick lately>?   My analog features are broken.  Meaning when i up the throttle for example, it's either 100 or 0 and see same affect in controller setup (X-Y axis as well).  I already have it configured for analog correctly and this was working in the past.  I stopped playing within the last couple months, so nothing really changed other then updates most likely.

 

Any ideas what it could be?  I have a Logitech Extreme 3D

Take it back....error on my end  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a serious bug with "manual guidance" on Scalpel. When flying with AI gunner, it doesn't work, despite the gunner's camera being pointed at target. I tested it with the same scenario with a Kajman hovering near the Stratis airbase, and an emptry HEMTT about 900m from it. First as a gunner, I had no problem hitting the HEMTT by pointing my sight at it and firing. As a pilot however, when I ordered the gunner to target the HEMTT (thus pointing his camera at it, verified with the gunner camera MFD) and fired the missile, it went straight forward, without guiding.

 

I also verified this with Blackfoot. Scalpel manual guidance only works for a human gunner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed something that can get somewhat annoying after a while.

 

1. Spawn a new plane, like Shikra.

2. Destroy it with something like a Zeus lightning or similar.

3. Ejection seat goes off.

 

After a while on a MP server there will be quite a lot of broken ejection seats all over that doesn't despawn.
Also I haven't found a good way to clean it that doesn't remove something else.

Like vehicle _x isKindOf "Thing" // removes boxes and lights. 

vehicle _x isKindOf "Plane" // doesn't remove it.

 

When put into a script like this:

 

{
if (vehicle _x isKindOf "Thing") then 
{ 
  deleteVehicle _x;
};
} forEach vehicles; 

I'm thinking this will be changed, so that we don't need custom cleaning script like these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BlindNavigator said:

I've noticed something that can get somewhat annoying after a while.

 

1. Spawn a new plane, like Shikra.

2. Destroy it with something like a Zeus lightning or similar.

3. Ejection seat goes off.

 

After a while on a MP server there will be quite a lot of broken ejection seats all over that doesn't despawn.
Also I haven't found a good way to clean it that doesn't remove something else.

Like vehicle _x isKindOf "Thing" // removes boxes and lights. 

vehicle _x isKindOf "Plane" // doesn't remove it.

 

When put into a script like this:

 


{
if (vehicle _x isKindOf "Thing") then 
{ 
  deleteVehicle _x;
};
} forEach vehicles; 

I'm thinking this will be changed, so that we don't need custom cleaning script like these.

Use parent class of the ejection seat,

Ejection_Seat_Base_F

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is no impact effect for Slammers 120mm APDSFS ammo for impacts on water (havent checked other vehicles)

 

The new driver and gunner direction indicator has some texture blending/ phasing problems (not sure how else to describe it) - parts of it go darker as you rotate on my screen.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jarrad96 said:

Did some digging, here's where I first heard of the hands thing last year. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/460pxo/your_character_actually_holds_helicopter_door/

 

Example-

http://i.imgur.com/p080PVB.png

 

I tweeted that to @oukej ages ago on twitter, but got no reply haha :( Still curious what happened to that kinda stuff

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, x3kj said:

there is no impact effect for Slammers 120mm APDSFS ammo for impacts on water (havent checked other vehicles)

 

The new driver and gunner direction indicator has some texture blending/ phasing problems (not sure how else to describe it) - parts of it go darker as you rotate on my screen.

 

Noted, thanks for your feedback! :)

Regards.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2017 at 10:46 PM, BlindNavigator said:

I've noticed something that can get somewhat annoying after a while.

 

1. Spawn a new plane, like Shikra.

2. Destroy it with something like a Zeus lightning or similar.

3. Ejection seat goes off.

 

After a while on a MP server there will be quite a lot of broken ejection seats all over that doesn't despawn.
Also I haven't found a good way to clean it that doesn't remove something else.

Like vehicle _x isKindOf "Thing" // removes boxes and lights. 

vehicle _x isKindOf "Plane" // doesn't remove it.

 

When put into a script like this:

 


{
if (vehicle _x isKindOf "Thing") then 
{ 
  deleteVehicle _x;
};
} forEach vehicles; 

I'm thinking this will be changed, so that we don't need custom cleaning script like these.

This "Auto-ejection" issue should be fixed soon in one of next versions. Same as Garbage collector for canopies and seats.

Thanks and regards! :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2017 at 11:36 AM, dragon01 said:

I found a serious bug with "manual guidance" on Scalpel. When flying with AI gunner, it doesn't work, despite the gunner's camera being pointed at target. I tested it with the same scenario with a Kajman hovering near the Stratis airbase, and an emptry HEMTT about 900m from it. First as a gunner, I had no problem hitting the HEMTT by pointing my sight at it and firing. As a pilot however, when I ordered the gunner to target the HEMTT (thus pointing his camera at it, verified with the gunner camera MFD) and fired the missile, it went straight forward, without guiding.

 

I also verified this with Blackfoot. Scalpel manual guidance only works for a human gunner. 


Issue with AI and its manual guide ability was sent to our programmers. 

Thanks for your feedback! :)

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now